• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux There is no Theforgottenserver file

diablo241

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a problem with a launching my compiled tfs on VPS server.
There is no file named "theforgottenserver" i did everything writen in tutorial (except downloading from svn, because it isnt working).

Help me.
Thanks.

linux or windows?

fail -_-
he said missing file
so the correct question should be
what is your tfs version :)
and the missing file is the SQL or the launcher
of launcher and u downloaded from svn , that's mean u need to compile it by your self
if the SQL tell us the tfs version and we give you SQL for it

this is the correct question

fail -_-
he said missing file
so the correct question should be
what is your tfs version :)
and the missing file is the SQL or the launcher
of launcher and u downloaded from svn , that's mean u need to compile it by your self
if the SQL tell us the tfs version and we give you SQL for it

this is the correct question
OK

Now it is the problem, because if i write in command line svn co <LINK> it's not working.
Theforgottenserver 0.3.6pl1
Debian.

Thanks for replies.

I must only compile this 0.3.6p1 and it will working ?

Ohh i forgot.
I mean there is no launcher, not sql file.

@edit
When i write in command line "make" its compiling server but on the end shows this:
Code:
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:205: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:209: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
baseevents.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:205: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:209: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
beds.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
beds.o:/usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:209: more undefined references to `boost::system::get_posix_category()' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [theforgottenserver] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/0.3.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Last edited:
You need to download the boosters.
Run this in the terminal:
Code:
apt-get install libboost1.41-dev libboost-system1.41-dev libboost-filesystem1.41-dev libboost-date-time1.41-dev libboost-regex1.41-dev libboost-thread1.41-dev libgmp3-dev liblua5.1-0 liblua5.1-0-dev liblua50 liblua50-dev liblualib50 liblualib50-dev lua50 lua5.1 libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libmysql++-dev libmysqlclient-dev mysql-client-5.1 mysql-server-5.1 mysql-common libxml2-dev libxml++2.6-dev cpp gcc g++ make automake autoconf pkg-config subversion liblua5.1-sql-mysql-dev liblua5.1-sql-sqlite3-dev zlib1g-dev zlib1g libcrypto++-dev libcrypto++8

Or follow this complete guide if its your first time / your insecure about it.
http://otland.net/threads/linux-ultimate-compile-guide-for-debian-ubuntu-included.2868/

Yes i downloaded it.
I do not know at this linux. Everything I've done with guides (with the specified too).
I used to think of all possible guidance and the effect is the same. No launcher.

1. Installed mysql, apache etc.
2. Downloaded boost
3. Try to compile server (./autogen.sh | ./config --enable-mysql --enable-remote-control | ./make)

And it isnt work

Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 \n \l
Linux vz26020 2.6.32-042stab092.3 #1 SMP Sun Jul 20 13:27:24 MSK 2014 i686 GNU/Linux

This is it.

You are using an old version of debian that provides an old version of boost. This is the problem. I recommend you update to Debian 7and recompile your server.

Back