• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Therran - Discussion

It's a rpg server you're suppose to spend time on it. The rates will be fairly low. But we will compensate by adding content to explore and quests to do, so you don't easily get bored.

@ontopic

How much of the map is done already?

Most the map we are gonna have at launch is done, there are a few zones left to map. Then we need Ragheed and Mindrage to start scripting once they are back from their vacation.

Last edited:
I agree with Neon he got perfect rates otherwise I won't even try soz glhf though

It all depends on what kind of rate the server is build around, if its meant a low exp server u dont need to be 30 fast u can be 20 and still be really strong.
I myself prefer a slow exp rpg server were its a challenge to lvl...

Will the server have lots of hard quests/riddles/secrets?

I will definetly try it out :)

If they open a big custom map, with low exp. It will get low amount of players. Sadly.

With the proper advertising it could have a decent player pool at start :) it all depends on the moment the release is planned also... some long awaited costum projects like Necrona are releasing also and then it isnt the best moment to release a low exp server then a bit higher rates will give better playerpool.

It just all depends on the offer and the amount of advertising is done,
i will play whatever rates it has! :)

Just check Kingdom Age... Brutal map, insane scripts, low exp... not more than 10 players.

Kingdom age had a decent player pool at start but they made some mistakes: it was just too hard with no decent gameguide, like1x exp (extremely low) no low lvl quest that make it fun, first new eq at lvl 20... so it was actually pretty dull ,especially at start. also the advertising of that server was really minimum, they had a small discussion thread and an advertising thread a couple of days before the release.

If you keep players interested with things to do like: quests, costum loot drops,etc the exp isnt that important just dont make it extremely low like Kingdom age did at start.

Just check Kingdom Age... Brutal map, insane scripts, low exp... not more than 10 players.

It had the same rates before and back then there was 100 active players everyday. They decided to change alot when they launched it again and that's why it got so few players.

Very well then, open it with low exp. It will get low amount of players playing, that's just how OT works nowdays. Nobody cares about the map, people just want the Real Tibian map and get level 150-200 asap, then start to pvp.
Custom maps servers with low exp will never have high amount of players, it's sad but true.

Well in my opinion its not the low exp that is the problem. The problem is if you clone Tibia with a new map everyone just wants to PG and get highest level and pvp, then a month later nobody wants to join because they can't sit at the top.

Tibia is an addictive game for one reason.
Community.

As long as you can interact with other players constantly while playing a server, AND have fun, it will be successful.
You need both, it has nothing to do with experience rates.
Sadly it has nothing to do with how good your maps or scripts are either.

I've seen TERRIBLE custom servers have TONS of players just because it is made in a way that players interact with each other constantly in order to play, which is what makes tibia so addicting.

People play RL Maps because they KNOW they can have fun fighting over spawns and working to get to the top. No one cares about actual gameplay, its all about community.

what made me drop off was some stuff like the harsh beginning, the small spellpool. the null start and the fact that this guy was advertising to donate 2 minutes after the 1. player logged in so he could open another server.

2 servers for 10 people sound good

Very well then, open it with low exp. It will get low amount of players playing, that's just how OT works nowdays. Nobody cares about the map, people just want the Real Tibian map and get level 150-200 asap, then start to pvp.
Custom maps servers with low exp will never have high amount of players, it's sad but true.

Id rather play on this server with 3x exp and 10 people online than with your rates and 500 players online. Besides, if you want to play a server with level 150-300 players running around killing each other you should probably go find yourself another server.

Id rather play on this server with 3x exp and 10 people online than with your rates and 500 players online. Besides, if you want to play a server with level 150-300 players running around killing each other you should probably go find yourself another server.

Who's gonna put up the money for host? (if they don't have free hosting)

High or low I could care less as long as it's a long lasting server, not a server that you play for a week and then you're done, but if the exp is to low then not many people will play because it will be so boring and slow. So I say make it medium exp rate and so it scales correctly with the content so that people can play it for a while and not do everything in a few days.

How can you tell that a server is boring based on "RATES" and "LEVEL" a well done server can express adventure, emotion, hardcore gaming, with only lvl 20-30. There is no need for high levels (past 200) on a Custom server if its well done.
The thing is, now that Kids, assume that if they are lvls 10 x 10^X, its the best in the world, but they don't understand that this means nothing, nothing but trubble to the host, the higher the level the more the calculations the server need to make, therefor more server usage.
A well done server is not recognized by their rates, its recognized by the hard ass work one as Developer(If you may) do, and how well they can adapt and mold the server into player needs.
But to be so bias and assume a server wont be recognized just because rates, is and always be stupid. I'm not sure about others but "I" am here to try new experiences, because I was tired of Shitsoft making a grate game become so stupid, and what I have discovered after sometime over a community I appreciate, is that, OT community became so stupid and full of shit with stupid kids trying to make a profit out of something that used to be amazing and full of stuff to discover and try.

Ohh well, I don't want to make a hate post any further, stop discussing about rates. Rates will be what they will, based on the developers ideas, and needs.
And if you think a server wont be recognized cuz of rates then go and F your self. a server can be so amazing that Exp can mean nothing. <--- if you don't agree therefore you don't understand what game play is and how a game is more enjoyable
have a nice day.

@Topic
Can you post a Minimap IMG already filled? or you don't have one atm?

Who's gonna put up the money for host? (if they don't have free hosting)

Hopefully all the level 300's running around with "donators boots" and magic longswords. Bought from the "DoNaTiOnZ" page.

It's weird. Just a few years ago you didn't have to earn money on your server. And you didn't have a 200$ cost/month from hosting your server.

Weekly Post #6

Weekly post #6
LZl9Wk.png

Today we would like to show you the minimap again. Though a little bit more revealing.
This minimap is the one you will get to know at the start of the server. As you may notice there are some (more than some) black spots on the map.

Why you may ask?

We have decided to finish the area shown in the picture first. Then we will keep updating at a regular pace to fill in the blanks. This will happen in stages (not exp stages) where we'll keep opening up more and more when the existing areas have been explored. We do this because:
  • Having a smaller area to explore at first gives you a possibility to get to know the server, kinda "ease it in".
  • You will find and interact with other players more regularly, which is good when needing to trade items and talk to someone.
  • We will have less to create until the server can go online which means the server will go up a lot quicker.
  • Having new areas released you will be able to explore as the world expands and feel the world changing around you.

So.. These are our reasons. Now to the facts.

The map you see shows all the existing towns/cities/villages in Therran. Those in the dark areas are not yet available but will come soon enough. From start you will be able to choose either Ramurika or Darudon as your starting city. Mistbay will only be accessable for lvl 35+ (which is the same as before). Unless you're brave enough to venture through dangerous places

Click on the image for full screen.

Also, I like that you're discussing in this thread. But please keep the discussion on topic and off flaming. :)

Sincerely,
The Therran Team

Back