• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thronar - Alternate Tibia Server (New more organized thread)

Quest log should really be fixed so you know what quest's are available.

Ya or so if you log off when you come back you know which quest you were doing along with some of the hints given from the npc.

i feel like this server would have a shit ton of ppl on this beta if the last classes worked. That feels like a prio

I wasn't comparing balance, just new classes in general. Right now it's possible to play as the classes already out but there is no content to explore. You don't "need" the new classes to explore more content, but if you get new classes you still have nothing to explore, so in my opinion content as of right now is more important than classes

I wasn't comparing balance, just new classes in general. Right now it's possible to play as the classes already out but there is no content to explore. You don't "need" the new classes to explore more content, but if you get new classes you still have nothing to explore, so in my opinion content as of right now is more important than classes

You're right =)

Well its about time I make an official post about this.

As some have mentioned already, the new 40 classes arent as ready as I thought they would be right now. They can in fact be added relatively fast, but the major problem is that there isnt enough content for first classes, even less for the promotes.

Where Im getting to is: this beta is coming to an end.

There are still TONS of new content to be made until I can safely work on the classes themselves, knowing players wont be bored after they hit 40 (or even before). This has been a good test and countless progress have been made, but also shown that the game is far from being on a perfect state. The server will probably be going down these next days, I may still host an event or two before that if there are players online for them.

Some things to note before the server opens for real:
- More equipment for mages (I said before, SHIELDS!!!)
- Questlog (Seriously, we need to keep track of things!)
- Content ;P as you said...

Well its about time I make an official post about this.

As some have mentioned already, the new 40 classes arent as ready as I thought they would be right now. They can in fact be added relatively fast, but the major problem is that there isnt enough content for first classes, even less for the promotes.

Where Im getting to is: this beta is coming to an end.

There are still TONS of new content to be made until I can safely work on the classes themselves, knowing players wont be bored after they hit 40 (or even before). This has been a good test and countless progress have been made, but also shown that the game is far from being on a perfect state. The server will probably be going down these next days, I may still host an event or two before that if there are players online for them.

Yeah as many have already stated, I felt that lack of content made the game boring at 'high level' and there's lots of improvement to do there (not saying that the current content is bad, it's excellent) just that the map is still very flexible at this point and with time I'm sure something amazing will happend.

I have some concerns regarding the professions. The rate at which you got herbs, which also increases the rate at which you can hunt expodentally (esp in the early levels) was just redicilous compared to what armor/weaponsmith gives you. Also can anyone confirm that Stone of Purity actually exists at this point? I mined 400 ore without a single stone.

It does exist, and I'm pretty sure you need to have skilled miner to mine it, nonetheless there's a monster you can hunt that drops it but I won't spoil.

Different things are supposed to have different rates. Herb gathering really does give you an edge in hunting due to the high ammount of herbs you can always have, but forgers are more of a long-term investment, where you can get really good gear after you have the items needed. Stone of purity does exist and is one of the advantage forgers do have.

About the content, I do plan on making much more content for 10-40 and only then work on 40+ and next promotes.

Some things to note before the server opens for real:
- More equipment for mages (I said before, SHIELDS!!!)
- Questlog (Seriously, we need to keep track of things!)
- Content ;P as you said...

In my opinion knights (squire) should be the only vocations using shield. What makes range champions fun is that you are squishy, and have to be ranged.

The contest from level 1-40 i believe is quite good. We just need a quest log so we know which quests are available. I bet many people missed out on a lot of them.

I can't wait for the official release since this is by far the best custom server i have ever played.

I was a bit disappointed, I was hoping for more in this beta, like 40 classes or new content :/ I know you don't have enough time and you work alone because you want it done your way and no one else can do that. Nonetheless it was still fun while it lasted, saw some old friends as well. I hope the next beta isn't to far away and will come with a lot of new content.

So ... Since mages haven't/can't use shields, there should be at least spellbooks to them, with a low def, but other advantages for mages.

You should really look into druids for your next beta.. Currently they are mediocre dps who really brings nothing but food (deer) to a hunt. They dont have as good damage as any other class, they are not tanky and their summons are unreliable as they are slow and very squishy. When hunting with a wizard there was never any need for summons as they would just be instant killed by either my or the wizards Aoe Spells, also they did not do much damage and cost a lot of soul. I still think the soul cost should be based on how many summons you manage to make. Spending 18 out of your 60 soul to summon 1 alpha wolves who dies after a hit or two is not worth it. You also cant use any other spells after summoning so you might as well have used spells instead of summoning anything. I would also like to see a range monster or two among the summons you get because they would not die as easily in a team hunt.

Iceberg needs a drastically lower manacost, because 320 mana for a shitty aoe is not worth it.

Something that would be awesome would be something like a "Command Stick" which you can use to make your summoned creatures go to a specific tile. Like you use the item and click on the ground somewhere, and the summons would start moving to that location. This would be usefull because you could make your summons block other monsters path, or you could use it to make the summons walk in front of you instead of behind you.

The recipes on !recipes should be a bit more organized.. currently it is a wall of text which makes it hard to find what you are looking for.

Some chests should give you class specific items so you wont end up like me and not get a single item you can use after clicking on all the boxes you could find from level 10-30. There are some chests which gives you a random item no matter what.. that item should be for your class.

You should really look into druids for your next beta.. Currently they are mediocre dps who really brings nothing but food (deer) to a hunt. They dont have as good damage as any other class, they are not tanky and their summons are unreliable as they are slow and very squishy. When hunting with a wizard there was never any need for summons as they would just be instant killed by either my or the wizards Aoe Spells, also they did not do much damage and cost a lot of soul. I still think the soul cost should be based on how many summons you manage to make. Spending 18 out of your 60 soul to summon 1 alpha wolves who dies after a hit or two is not worth it. You also cant use any other spells after summoning so you might as well have used spells instead of summoning anything. I would also like to see a range monster or two among the summons you get because they would not die as easily in a team hunt.

Druids summons are getting a buff, mainly on resistance and move speed. About SP cost, if I were to increase the summons value, Id have to re-consider lowering the costs, thats all up to future balancement.

Iceberg needs a drastically lower manacost, because 320 mana for a shitty aoe is not worth it.

I agree.

Something that would be awesome would be something like a "Command Stick" which you can use to make your summoned creatures go to a specific tile. Like you use the item and click on the ground somewhere, and the summons would start moving to that location. This would be usefull because you could make your summons block other monsters path, or you could use it to make the summons walk in front of you instead of behind you.

This is a feature not easily implemented as far as I know, but it is something Id also want to see in thronar.

The recipes on !recipes should be a bit more organized.. currently it is a wall of text which makes it hard to find what you are looking for.

Yeah, they need a space between each recipe, that will be done.

Some chests should give you class specific items so you wont end up like me and not get a single item you can use after clicking on all the boxes you could find from level 10-30. There are some chests which gives you a random item no matter what.. that item should be for your class.

Random chests and specific quests are meant to give random items, of any class. This is designed so not every player of every class would have the same gear since they all could get it at quests. It also encourages item trading between players, and items will be much more rare than they are at this beta.

been trying to login to train mlvl a bit and Im suprised because on thronar webpage it says beta is over
and why is that?

right, I get it now

Last edited:
Back