• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 10 client is done. CIPsoft has moved on. Will it stop bots?

Taurus

Texass
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm actually just getting back into open Tibia again. It's been a long while as I just lose interest from time to time. I haven't played real Tibia in over 10 years.

Bot's became a real nuisance as I understand it. Personally I think the level 1000s give it away. I'd be happy to see the bots gone from Global, but I can't really believe this will stop it. There's already word of Tibia 11 bots.

What do you guys think? Will this curb the problem at all?

Last time I looked, there were about 25k "players" online. Now there are considerably fewer. 5-10k at most. Is this because of the move to 11 and the loss of bots?

Just curious where you guys think (or know) this is headed.

Cipsoft wont survive off tibias income in about 2 years if you see statisticly how many players they lost. I keep saying that who played Tibia knows that the essence was inside 7.1~8.0, everything afterwards went downhill (sure 8.6 had most players since 70% of the whole were only botting or using unofficial software to play).
Still when you ask someone that has played for a long time at 7.4, there is probably close to no will to play anything else than that due to reasons that I quoted a thousand times in this forum already. This whole level 1000 and Roshamul shitting on loot balance and experience gain made Tibia not be a skill game but a simple hotkey slam game, really boring and people that don't have a life sit there trying to reach only numbers with levels since money doesn't play a role anymore.

Let just tibia die, real tibia's been dead for so long and now I think it's time for it to close its eyes.

Tibia not be a skill game
Haha, when was it ever? It's always been about power abuse as far back as I can remember (mostly joking).

I get what you're saying tho, the game has changed many times since then. Just made me curious seeing this news on their site. But hey, I can get it, they had to either expand or die, sucks it turned out to be both. lol

There isn't any botter since the implementation of Battleeye (in the worlds that it's active).
Tibia won't die, did you ever see the products on the Store? They sell outfits fast, and they are expensive things. Long time ago, tibia 7.4-8.0 had a lot of players because people used multiclient to make runes, only. Of course tibia has lost a lot of players since the implementation of Battleeye, but the kind of player which stopped playing is the kind of player who destroy the game, using bots to farm money / levels and using the tibia money to gain money in real life.

Tibia is a game that only premium players play (if you are free account, you can login in the game but you can't say that it's what play means). If there are 10k players online, think that at least 8k players are premium accounts, and think about the income only in premiums every month, now, add the custom products that they often sell on the store.. Cipsoft is richer than ever. In the old times with 40k players on, 80% were free accounts rune farming and CIP haven't any other product to sell.

[...] I keep saying that who played Tibia knows that the essence was inside 7.1~8.0, everything afterwards went downhill (sure 8.6 had most players since 70% of the whole were only botting or using unofficial software to play).[...]
Nah. This is just your personal and subjective opinion based on your preferences.
The reason is much simpler. Tibia became popular in early/middle 2000s because it was fairly simplistic MMO. It got popular in poor/developing countries like Brazil, Russia, Poland, former communist territories of Germany and among less wealthy young gamers in slightly more rich states. Those people didn't have good hardware, internet connection and money to pay monthly subscription.
Technology progressed. Infrastructure was built. Hardware prices went down. But Tibia stayed the same. We are humans, animals. We evolved to look at colorful, detailed and moving objects. In general we prefer to play good-looking games.

It's like with those new shitty games from Piranha Bytes. They always use that Gothic-propaganda technique, but they are getting less and less popular, because last Risen games and ELEX are not progressing and keeping up with the market.

That's cool, lol.
There isn't any botter since the implementation of Battleeye
That's good news.
Those people didn't have good hardware
That's where I was sold on Tibia lol.

I remember my PCs specs. I had 8mb ram, 800mb hdd, and a 133MHz processor.
Tibia played beautifully on that machine (aside from constant lag spikes which we assumed were part of the game lol)

Since then I've always come back to Tibia every so often (usually around fall/winter) because it's almost like a board game. It's so simple compared to other games and yet... elegant. Tibia will always be a favorite of mine. I'm not even into other games. They're too complicated and it's like work instead of play.

Back