• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 11 - End of botting era?

I dont think Tibia can afford to go bot free, so no Im guessing bots will not die with this new client.

What is wrong with you guys? You should know that no client ever is able to stop bots. Where you can execute and program your own PC you can always and for 100% find a way to make a bot work anyway, no matter how the client is structured its the circumstances/environment that makes this impossible.

A client can never aim to successfully deny bots for long.

The only thing is does it accomplishes is that bots have to be rewritten to find new offsets to read the data from RAM like HP, map and all the bot needs. It can still send keystrokes and emulate regular keyboard inputs and everything a bot does in general - just need to be adjusted for new client that needs to be analysed so they won some time, maybe 1-2 months but now as the client is public the programmers can already start so it wont be much!

If you want to get rid of bots: you have to do this serversided automatically, check manually with GMs or not at all.

Thatswhy I can assure this is merely about compatiblity, performance and reorganizing GUI, handling and maybe bring in the possibility to bring in new new features for the future which was hardly managable with the current client.

I have an idea to get rid of bots effectively serversided and to proof that I will tell you my concept here:

But! the development and arrangement can take some time. No problem for CIP but they get probably too much money for the fact bots exist and for OTs its not worth it because if you forbid bots you will suffer in your player counter alot I think.

Well anyway, my (simple?) idea is to collect data over time like some minutes for the scan player like walking, measuring reaction time for healing when health drops lower then xy, check if the player walks static routes, if he talks to other people while hunting and all that, you can find alot of categories. You can also alter the result in reliability like collect data for healign reaction time for 10 minutes, then sort them by milliseconds and cut off 15% from begin and end of the data -> you have a good average. Also one very reliable thing is if the same IP is hunting with questionable behaviour with multiple chars at the same time as most problems are people that bot multiple chars at the same time but here is the IP an indicator that helps you alot to find those guys- Especially in matter of talking something that makes sense while hunting. In absolute doubt someone from staff could check that bot scan and behaviour-data manually to see if bots made some randomizing stuff like random sentences to make the char look more "random" for the bot analysis but for a real human does not and then decide wether to aproove or deny the scan-result.

But for the majority and automatised scans, make a weight for the categories, put the data in a matrix and say for healing you have less reliability because lags and network delay can make it less trusable values, but if the player sometimes reacts or talks to other players messaging him is probably way more an indicator if the player is afk or not, especially if he stops walking while talking and things like that.

So far so good, you can collect alot more data if you think about it.

Collect all data, make a matrix collect points by weight on reliability and get a final score, if the score is >= X (value of X is a matter of research here) you can say yes he is a bot with a big probability the sum of the different values can never lie and can even harder be faked on all categories for a bot.

Now if you are sure with alot of points => punishment

If you are sure on a borderline case, could be bot or not => make some kind of captcha as soon as the player would not be disturbed in battle (happens even for bots). That captcha screen should prevent you get killed, get damage, maybe teleport away to special place if not in current fight or if not possible send it as soon as he leaves the dungeon or so (even a bot has to go when reosurces are low or cap is full) -> in most smart case maybe directly after next login/server-save as he will stand save. It should not disturb normal gameplay/feeling and should not be solveable for any bot but that this is possible well google-captcha prooved and you can implement something like that in the client.

If the captcha cannot be answered -> punishment!

For the punishment:

I would say wether traditional way ban /deletion
or another and more constructive attempt thought by me:

Let him experience, skill backwards and level backwards, generate no loot anymore for monsters he killed. He will for sure recognize if he is really not afk, but if he is ... well it wont have much effect for the bot to continue and he will learn its useless. Well ofcourse the bot can recognize it but

What do you think of this completely different approach to fight bots? Ofcourse its some amount of work to get it to work and to fine-tune it but cipsoft has alot of people and the time to do it, if they actually want.

And you can adapt this idea for any MMO, not only Tibia. I thought about for some time and im sure this is possible and can lead to bulletproof results.

Last edited:
What is wrong with you guys? You should know that no client ever is able to stop bots. Where you can execute and program your own PC you can always and for 100% find a way to make a bot work anyway, no matter how the client is structured its the circumstances/environment that makes this impossible.

A client can never aim to successfully deny bots for long.

The only thing is does it accomplishes is that bots have to be rewritten to find new offsets to read the data from RAM like HP, map and all the bot needs. It can still send keystrokes and emulate regular keyboard inputs and everything a bot does in general - just need to be adjusted for new client that needs to be analysed so they won some time, maybe 1-2 months but now as the client is public the programmers can already start so it wont be much!

If you want to get rid of bots: you have to do this serversided automatically, check manually with GMs or not at all.

Thatswhy I can assure this is merely about compatiblity, performance and reorganizing GUI, handling and maybe bring in the possibility to bring in new new features for the future which was hardly managable with the current client.

I have an idea to get rid of bots effectively serversided and to proof that I will tell you my concept here:

But! the development and arrangement can take some time. No problem for CIP but they get probably too much money for the fact bots exist and for OTs its not worth it because if you forbid bots you will suffer in your player counter alot I think.

Well anyway, my (simple?) idea is to collect data over time like some minutes for the scan player like walking, measuring reaction time for healing when health drops lower then xy, check if the player walks static routes, if he talks to other people while hunting and all that, you can find alot of categories. You can also alter the result in reliability like collect data for healign reaction time for 10 minutes, then sort them by milliseconds and cut off 15% from begin and end of the data -> you have a good average. Also one very reliable thing is if the same IP is hunting with questionable behaviour with multiple chars at the same time as most problems are people that bot multiple chars at the same time but here is the IP an indicator that helps you alot to find those guys- Especially in matter of talking something that makes sense while hunting. In absolute doubt someone from staff could check that bot scan and behaviour-data manually to see if bots made some randomizing stuff like random sentences to make the char look more "random" for the bot analysis but for a real human does not and then decide wether to aproove or deny the scan-result.

But for the majority and automatised scans, make a weight for the categories, put the data in a matrix and say for healing you have less reliability because lags and network delay can make it less trusable values, but if the player sometimes reacts or talks to other players messaging him is probably way more an indicator if the player is afk or not, especially if he stops walking while talking and things like that.

So far so good, you can collect alot more data if you think about it.

Collect all data, make a matrix collect points by weight on reliability and get a final score, if the score is >= X (value of X is a matter of research here) you can say yes he is a bot with a big probability the sum of the different values can never lie and can even harder be faked on all categories for a bot.

Now if you are sure with alot of points => punishment

If you are sure on a borderline case, could be bot or not => make some kind of captcha as soon as the player would not be disturbed in battle (happens even for bots). That captcha screen should prevent you get killed, get damage, maybe teleport away to special place if not in current fight or if not possible send it as soon as he leaves the dungeon or so (even a bot has to go when reosurces are low or cap is full) -> in most smart case maybe directly after next login/server-save as he will stand save. It should not disturb normal gameplay/feeling and should not be solveable for any bot but that this is possible well google-captcha prooved and you can implement something like that in the client.

If the captcha cannot be answered -> punishment!

For the punishment:

I would say wether traditional way ban /deletion
or another and more constructive attempt thought by me:

Let him experience, skill backwards and level backwards, generate no loot anymore for monsters he killed. He will for sure recognize if he is really not afk, but if he is ... well it wont have much effect for the bot to continue and he will learn its useless. Well ofcourse the bot can recognize it but

What do you think of this completely different approach to fight bots? Ofcourse its some amount of work to get it to work and to fine-tune it but cipsoft has alot of people and the time to do it, if they actually want.

And you can adapt this idea for any MMO, not only Tibia. I thought about for some time and im sure this is possible and can lead to bulletproof results.
wtf? you ask whats wrong with me and then you write a fucking book agreeing with me?

Got an invite, too xD
I recieved an invitation as well. :p
BHIn8Up.png

I'm also invited to test server, but not about client sadly =(
@Damon I guess you haven't got client invitation too :p

Can someone share to me test client account? I need it to get the response from the gameserver to get working with tfs :)

Btw, 999 level door in banuta seems to be missing on test server, I guess CIP removed it. (NO MORE DREAMS ABOUT QUEST)

Back