• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 7.1 Brainstorming thread

I played Lunara with a group of about 15+ rl friends back in the day. I miss those days lol.

Regards,
Cody
Tibia still have my account my character was Nikiva also played with a friend account Vosuke i would like to remember all those days when tibia was tibia!!

That might be the overspawn mechanic, where creatures would respawn again when moved away from their home or changed floor. You could fill up the entire bear room with minotaurs, it existed until they removed it on 7.5
No. Just like guards were being "balanced" in exp, minos got "balanced" in numbers. I remember kaz and ice island spawn going to $#!| overnight.

Because I only trained there and still had overspawn, I didn't care too much. But those who were hunting, left.

They only wanted us to buy prem, I think, while they slowly trashed the freeland. Look at Ankrahmun and later updates. They clearly had no "balance" in mind.

Last edited:
No. Just like guards were being "balanced" in exp, minos got "balanced" in numbers. I remember kaz and ice island spawn going to $#!| overnight.

Because I only trained there and still had overspawn, I didn't care too much. But those who were hunting, left.

They only wanted us to buy prem, I think, while they slowly trashed the freeland. Look at Ankrahmun and later updates. They clearly had no "balance" in mind.

I used to train a lot in Alawars Vault, the minos would never stop coming, when I killed one, another would always take its place without moving, never noticed such a nerf.

In 7.2 CIPsoft added Ghostlands in facc area and there was a big backlash because it was available for all accounts and premiums said free accounts shouldn't have access to Ghosts and Stalkers, lmao

Ankramun despite being very WoW like (it was even released in the same year), it was planned long time ago by Knightmare. Also I remember he said there were 2 areas close to kazordoon that were planned long time ago (I suppose it was the undead cave and the gnome stuff), not sure.

Very nice guys, keep it going glad to see a old and simple and vanilla as possible 7.1 style, hope anyone who opens a server with this, dont add things just because server is overpopulated or ppl are lvl 500 and asking for more content. Just maintain vanila and simple, ppl need to do otherstuff then grinding and power lvling on tibia just like old days. Thats why when opening a server like this, cant have tasks, cant have mc allowed, needs to be 1x from start, cant have ways that on older days ppl didn't do. Or otherwise will be easy and ppl will just mimi need more and more and more.

And if gonna update one time soon, update it to 7.4 and stop there xD. But not really, just leave it 7.1 has near has possible.Thnx all.

• character could not be pushed out of fire field
  • game started with 1 creature in spawn home after server save instead of full respawn
    I think they put less spawn at some point to "balance", i remember training at 5x mino that became 3x later
  • gs slow speed lvl 20
    low exp rate is necessary
  • no skulls
    It's most important, changes interaction completely.
It could be interesting to only allow travel from venore boat and hills carpet to edron and darashia and remove boats in thais, carlin and ab. But it wasn't so.
i think a server with no skulls nowdays only will bring massive killer's and no lifer's

I played Lunara too I started Tibia on version 6 and played Antica a while thru version 7.0. I spent most on my time on northport with the spanish group but most of the names I remember are from Antica. Stachilena, guardia etc. Played Lunara a while and after that cip started creating new worlds and i moved to the new ones. From Lunara I remember Caballero Demoniaco, @xegearz he also played with me version 6.0 and Grimms from tibia king from Antica.

Exiva showed far and very far in every direction but not higher or lower floor when near. Above or below said standing next to you.

Last edited:
Cool thread! Could someone point me to what I need in order to start a 7.1 OT server with that map? I've never started an OT server but would really like to start a 7.1 one.

I wasn't sure about all of these things, so I wanted to find some screenshots that prove it. I found this great photobucket that has a bunch of 7.1 screenshots. One of the screenshots shows a warlock attacking at melee range and mino archers not being able to walk through a diagonal path:

Here is an official source, albeit a little vague. Should be enough to clarify when monsters behavior was changed, as long as we agree how the mosters worked in older versions.

"Monsters are smarter now and use more varied combat tactics. Be careful when approaching stronger monsters!"

Here is an official source, albeit a little vague. Should be enough to clarify when monsters behavior was changed, as long as we agree how the mosters worked in older versions.

"Monsters are smarter now and use more varied combat tactics. Be careful when approaching stronger monsters!"
Yeah, I've seen that. Definitively suggests most changes were made at 7.2. There's a similar thing for 6.6, found here:

"As evolution goes on, the monsters have adapted to the constant threat from humans. So please be careful, even when attacking well known creatures."

I'm pretty sure this was when monsters started to dance around their targets, because I remember people broadcasting about it, which was not possible in 7.x I think.
Post automatically merged:

*Creature loot changes
Dragon - Fire Sword -> Serpent Sword
Skeleton - Legion Helmet -> Viking Helmet
Rotworm - Viking Helmet -> Legion Helmet

Btw, are we sure about all of this? Any sources?

Found some Rookgaard screenshots of how the bridge looked before it changed. Obviously v6, but I doubt they changed it that much in between.

bread.jpg

master.jpg

qwerty large.jpg

Looks like there was a mountain on the mountain, only there was nothing on it.

Sign was there as well, I assume with the same text as now.

Not sure if all the plants on the southern part should be removed though. On the map it looks like it's not all grass:

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 16.45.06.png

I've updated my map like this, if you don't want to piece it together yourself:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 12.52.29.png

Also found several screenshots of the dead dragon being in a more decayed state.

Dead dragon corpse Copper shield.jpg

It's been moved in this one, so it could have started decaying. But in the others, it's in the same position:

drag.jpg

tibia13.jpg

Also this room did not exist:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 13.19.17.png

As seen on the minimap here:

No Torch Room : Quest copy.jpg

Last edited:
You're doing God's work at the moment. This is just amazing. You're really good at pointing out details (like on the minimap) and researching how the map looked. I think it's best to maybe focus on 1 area at a time? Spend a week researching Rookgaard. A week researching Thais. And so on.

What's the most current version of the map? Please also include the 7.1 item file so more people can work on it.

Also that 6.4 screenshot at the top, I'm just amazed at how good the light and graphics were on that one. Most old screenshots look really bad. That's crisp and sharp!

I will do my best to try find old images on sites. Many people used "tripod.com" and "angelfire.com" to host their websites.
I did a search like this:
Lua:
"rookgaard" "2002" inurl:tripod.com
on Google.
That will display any page with word "rookgaard" and "2002" somewhere in the page, and where "tripod.com" is present in the url.

Found this site, for example: Version 7 (http://legendsofrookgaard.tripod.com/home/id4.html)

Code:
"kazordoon" inurl:tripod.com

Result: http://untouchablecharmed.tripod.com/id21.html

Literally hundreds of websites just waiting to be discovered.

But that site seems to be from 2005 or so.
By looking at this image: http://untouchablecharmed.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/pic4.jpg
And opening the developer tools in the browser, and go to the Network tab, then refresh the page.
You can see in the headers Last-Modified: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:14:49 GMT

That's when it was uploaded to the site.

By doing the searches in Google Images then you get most of the screenshots though, so no need to browse through sites..

Some 7.1(?) images:

Last edited:
You're doing God's work at the moment. This is just amazing. You're really good at pointing out details (like on the minimap) and researching how the map looked.

Hah, thanks! :)

I think it's best to maybe focus on 1 area at a time? Spend a week researching Rookgaard. A week researching Thais. And so on.

Yeah, maybe. But a lot of that stuff I found while searching for something else. Whenever I find some new 7.1 screenshots I try to look for anything I can.

What's the most current version of the map? Please also include the 7.1 item file so more people can work on it.

I've been working from the last map shared by Under Influence here. But I've converted the map to work with Nostalrius, which doesn't seem to be what most people use(?). That's why I haven't shared a map file with my changes. From what I understand, items are handled differently as well. I'm making changes in an items.srv file and in the .spr and .dat files of the 7.72 original client, where I've changed all relevant sprites to 7.1.

But if anyone else wants to use this map with Nostalrius, I'd be happy to share what I've got.

I will do my best to try find old images on sites. Many people used "tripod.com" and "angelfire.com" to host their websites.
I did a search like this:
Lua:
"rookgaard" "2002" inurl:tripod.com
on Google.
That will display any page with word "rookgaard" and "2002" somewhere in the page, and where "tripod.com" is present in the url.

Good tip, thanks! I'll try that for sure.

Looks like mostly 7.2 and after on those links. Probably the easiest difference to spot is the runes, which are more flat in 7.1 and earlier, and was changed in 7.2.

I also have more screenshots showing monster behaviour and things from 7.1 if anyone is interested. But I'm not sure if a thread here is really the best way to do it? And how many people are even interested? It would be great to have more of a wiki style thing where you could list all changes and link to screenshots of each "proof".

@al222 Also the key for bearroom in the bottom of minotaur cave used to have a pick hole one floor above the floor with the bear room. It was just south of the ladder to enter that floor. I believe you can see traces of this in the hacked cipsoft map (it has some special tiles there).

@al222

Check map thread for updated map with your info. I really appreciate your help.

@Loot changes, I cannot prove it, but that's one thing I'm sure that got changed in 7.2 update. They put legion helmet in Rotworms for them to be less OP since its worth way less, and looted Fire Sword from a normal dragon in kazordoon single spawn that i used to camp.

@Pickhole of Bear Room, is already covered on the map, when they changed the pickhole to a new place, I found it on the update day :) because I had the key to bear room, went down the hole and the minimap revealed a bit of it.

Last edited:
@al222

Check map thread for updated map with your info. I really appreciate your help.

I realised afterwards that I should probably have posted the map related images there. Will do so in the future. You got it! :)

@Loot changes, I cannot prove it, but that's one thing I'm sure that got changed in 7.2 update. They put legion helmet in Rotworms for them to be less OP since its worth way less, and looted Fire Sword from a normal dragon in kazordoon single spawn that i used to camp.

Ok. I'll take your word for it. Will post here if I find any screenshots relating to it. But what's almost impossible to know is the loot chance. In 7.7, serpent sword was more common loot than dragon shield (5/1000 vs 3/1000), but I believe they should be the same, or perhaps fs should be more rare, right?

Also found this related info on here:
"On earlier versions of the game, when Dragons used to drop Fire Swords, Dragon Lords used to drop this weapon."

That's probably true, although that site has some inaccuracies about the old times. I wonder if DLs and dragons both dropped fs then. Or if they flipped them so that dragons dropped serpent sword and DLs dropped fs instead of the other way around.

@Pickhole of Bear Room, is already covered on the map, when they changed the pickhole to a new place, I found it on the update day :) because I had the key to bear room, went down the hole and the minimap revealed a bit of it.

I suppose that's here?

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 14.14.44.png

Anything down there? Except the crate that's in the map?

Was the reward in the bear room the same as in 7.7?

@al222 That's the old location, yes. If I remember correctly the difference was that the old key was a silver key and the new one is a bronze key.

@al222 there was other boxes too, but I think they were empty, the key didnt change at all I think. It was very difficult to get the key, every server save you had to be the first to login at the same time as 10 other people, everybody wanted the key to deny it to others, so they could make the bear room trap without being disturbed, the pushing mechanism of 7.1 was different than 7.2, you could only walk diagonally by dragging yourself, so if items were under you, you were trapped, so you were already dead the moment you stepped the narrow corridor leading to bear key room.

This is how the trapped looked: I put energy field to mark the spots were you were as good as dead if you didnt had the bear key. The door was open with some items under it, the crate was also hidden under items.

1593456311161.png

Last edited:
@al222 there was other boxes too, but I think they were empty, the key didnt change at all I think. It was very difficult to get the key, every server save you had to be the first to login at the same time as 10 other people, everybody wanted the key to deny it to others, so they could make the bear room trap without being disturbed, the pushing mechanism of 7.1 was different than 7.2, you could only walk diagonally by dragging yourself, so if items were under you, you were trapped, so you were already dead the moment you stepped the narrow corridor leading to bear key room.

This is how the trapped looked: I put energy field to mark the spots were you were as good as dead if you didnt had the bear key. The door was open with some items under it, the crate was also hidden under items.

View attachment 47003

Cool. I'm actually not very familiar with this area at all. Where did you get the key? On the 7.7 map it looks like you get it in a room underneath this one. Pick hole? Can't find it on this map though.

@al222 That's the old location, yes. If I remember correctly the difference was that the old key was a silver key and the new one is a bronze key.

Ok. On 7.7 map it's a copper key. According to Cobalt Tower it used to be silver. On the note of keys changing colours; that list also has the Carlin crypt key as blue, which is how I remember it, but it's bone in 7.7. I'm not sure when or why they changed colours, but it seems likely that it was for 7.2.

@al222 Probably to distinguish the older rare key to the newer key.

Wiki has this change documented as well.

Edit:
That was the room I was talking about. Idk why I call it bear room, but as I recall there was a bear spawning in there too I guess.

In newer versions there is a pick hole in the table area to the south of the room (bronze key). In the older version it spawned (silver key) in a pick hole where you circled here:

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 14.14.44 (2).png

Last edited:
Back