• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 7.1 Brainstorming thread

That was the room I was talking about. Idk why I call it bear room, but as I recall there was a bear spawning in there too I guess.

In newer versions there is a pick hole in the table area to the south of the room (bronze key). In the older version it spawned (silver key) in a pick hole where you circled here:

There was a bear in there as you can see in this picture below :)

That pickhole leads to this circled area. So that's where the key would spawn? In a chest, box or something?

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 00.29.54.png

Who is making a server? please link and download, have testers already working with you on it

Speaking of 7.1, what's a good distribution base for it? I'm interested to look into the protocol/packet structures.

I just don’t know the packet structures and connection protocols (i.e. encryption, order of packets) and small stuff like that, which is what I meant to ask for, haha.

Edit: damn, it seems there are no sources out there that depict the 7.1 packet structure? How the hell did we never document this shit? haha

Anyhow, I found an old c# barebones client I was writing in 2011 apparently (?), there are some hints in there:

Sent by server:
//Login Disconnect = 0x0A, MessageOfTheDay = 0x14, CharacterList = 0x64, //Game SelfAppear = 0x0A, GMAction = 0x0B, Message = 0x14, FyiMessage = 0x15, Ping = 0x1E, Creature_Unknown = 0x61, Creature_Known = 0x62, Creature_Turn = 0x63, MapDescription = 0x64, MapSliceNorth = 0x65, MapSliceEast = 0x66, MapSliceSouth = 0x67, MapSliceWest = 0x68, TileUpdate = 0x69, TileAddThing = 0x6A, TileUpdateThing = 0x6B, TileRemoveThing = 0x6C, CreatureMove = 0x6D, ContainerOpen = 0x6E, ContainerClose = 0x6F, ContainerAddItem = 0x70, ContainerUpdateItem = 0x71, ContainerRemoveItem = 0x72, InventorySlotInUse = 0x78, InventorySlotEmpty = 0x79, SafeTradeRequestAck = 0x7D, SafeTradeRequestNoAck = 0x7E, SafeTradeClose = 0x7F, WorldLight = 0x82, MagicEffect = 0x83, AnimatedText = 0x84, Missile = 0x85, CreatureSquare = 0x86, CreatureHealth = 0x8C, CreatureLight = 0x8D, CreatureOutfit = 0x8E, CreatureSpeed = 0x8F, ItemTextWindow = 0x96, HouseTextWindow = 0x97, PlayerStatus = 0xA0, PlayerSkills = 0xA1, Icons = 0xA2, CancelTarget = 0xA3, CreatureSpeech = 0xAA, ChannelList = 0xAB, ChannelOpen = 0xAC, ChannelOpenPrivate = 0xAD, RuleViolationOpen = 0xAE, RuleViolationRemove = 0xAF, RuleViolationCancel = 0xB0, RuleViolationLock = 0xB1, PrivateChannelCreate = 0xB2, ChannelClosePrivate = 0xB3, TextMessage = 0xB4, CancelWalk = 0xB5, FloorChangeUp = 0xBE, FloorChangeDown = 0xBF, OutfitWindow = 0xC8, VipState = 0xD2, VipLogin = 0xD3, VipLogout = 0xD4, //TODO: check this CanReportBugs = 0x32, AddMapMarker = 0xDD, /* //Didn't exist in 7.1 Ping = 0x1E, DeathRelogin = 0x28, WaitingList = 0x16, QuestList = 0xF0, QuestPartList = 0xF1, CreatureSkull = 0x90, CreatureShield = 0x91, ShopWindowOpen = 0x7A, ShopSaleGoldCount = 0x7B, ShopWindowClose = 0x7C, ShowTutorial = 0xDC, */

Sent by client:
//Setup LoginServerRequest = 0x01, GameServerRequest = 0x0A, //In-Game Logout = 0x14, Ping = 0x1E, AutoWalk = 0x64, MoveNorth = 0x65, MoveEast = 0x66, MoveSouth = 0x67, MoveWest = 0x68, CancelAutoWalk = 0x69, MoveNorthEast = 0x6A, MoveSouthEast = 0x6B, MoveSouthWest = 0x6C, MoveNorthWest = 0x6D, TurnNorth = 0x6F, TurnWest = 0x70, TurnSouth = 0x71, TurnEast = 0x72, ItemMove = 0x78, TradeRequest = 0x7D, TradeLook = 0x7E, TradeAccept = 0x7F, TradeCancel = 0x80, ItemUse = 0x82, ItemUseOn = 0x83, ItemUseBattle = 0x84, ContainerClose = 0x87, TextWindow = 0x89, HouseWindow = 0x8A, LookAt = 0x8C, Speech = 0x96, ChannelList = 0x97, ChannelOpen = 0x98, ChannelClose = 0x99, PrivateChannelOpen = 0x9A, RuleViolationSend = 0x9B, RuleViolationClose = 0x9C, RuleViolationCancel = 0x9D, FightModes = 0xA0, Attack = 0xA1, Follow = 0xA2, PrivateChannelCreate = 0xAA, PrivateChannelInvite = 0xAB, PrivateChannelExclude = 0xAC, CancelMove = 0xBE, TileUpdateRequest = 0xC9, ContainerUpdateRequest = 0xCA, OutfitRequest = 0xD2, OutfitChange = 0xD3, VipAdd = 0xDC, VipRemove = 0xDD, BugReport = 0xE6, RuleViolationReport = 0xE7, /* //Didn't exist in 7.1 ShopBuy = 0x7A, ShopSell = 0x7B, ShopClose = 0x7C, ItemRotate = 0x85, ContainerParent = 0x88, NpcChannelClose = 0x9E, */

Last edited:
There was a bear in there as you can see in this picture below :)

That pickhole leads to this circled area. So that's where the key would spawn? In a chest, box or something?

View attachment 47015

Found this old screenshot:

It was definitely in that room, but I can't remember how it used to spawn. If you look at the screenshot you see the box is in a different location, which makes me believe the key was found in the present box instead. As far as I remember there were no pushable quest boxes.

That Google drive has a bunch of categorized old tibia screenshots btw.

Found this old screenshot:

It was definitely in that room, but I can't remember how it used to spawn. If you look at the screenshot you see the box is in a different location, which makes me believe the key was found in the present box instead. As far as I remember there were no pushable quest boxes.

That Google drive has a bunch of categorized old tibia screenshots btw.

Thanks. I bet it was in the crate then. Actually, I'm pretty sure all quest boxes/chests were movable back in the day. They were just normal containers. Only after 7.2 with the new quest system did they become unmovable. Here's a good example:

demonlegquest.jpg

Dragon corpse from copper shield quest is another:

DqwRrZQg.png
Post automatically merged:

Have a few other updates on quests as well:

The ice rapier makes sense, but I definitively didn't have a bunch of those laying around, so that was probably only after map reset in that case.

Actually, maybe I was wrong about that. According to this:
"Before the current quest system was implemented, this sword spawned daily on the casket where the current Noble Armor Questis."

Found this screenshot that appears to be of the behemoth quest room here. It also shows how the layout has changed. 2 chests instead of 4. I guess the stuff on the ground could be the reward? Kind of disappointing in that case :p
View attachment 46304

I've heard from several people now that this was in fact a "daily spawn" as well. They mentioned tower shield and naginata. Not sure about the other stuff.

Paradox tower was also "daily" btw.

Last edited:
Orc Shaman - only energy attack, can be blocked by armor

According to tibia.com/library at the time of 7.1:
"They can shoot fireballs and magic missiles"

I'm guessing the "fireballs" are unchanged and they just changed "magic missiles" from energy projectile with physical attack to energy attack, as you describe them. Difficult to know if they changed the attack values for the energy attack as well. The change seem to have been made in 7.3, because I can still find a few tibicams that show energy attacks being blocked by armor. I would need more 7.2 tibicams to test the attack formula.

Warlock - no invisibility

According to tibia.com at the time of 7.1:
"Moreover, they know how to heal themselves and how to make themselves invisible"

How sure are you of this? Did you hunt them at the time? Because I've seen a few instances when the official library has not been updated to reflect a recent change. But it also seems strange if warlocks were invisible at some point, then not for a while, and then again after that?

Edit: I looked through some 7.1 screenshots of Warlocks and found many where people (mostly pallys and mages) have explosion runes either in their backpacks or on the ground. Seems to also indicate invisibility, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Stuff that should be attempted to bring back from older versions:
*Lifedrain bypasses mana shield

This could actually be considered a 7.1 feature, or not, depending on your preference. It seems to have been changed as part of a minor update after 7.1, but before 7.11 (so it didn't get a new version number), where 50% of experience from summons was also introduced:
"On the other hand, a mana shield will now also protect you against life drain of vampires and monsters alike."

Btw funny fact, in stolen Cip files slimes clone exp is still set to 55 :p

Any idea when monster summons stopped giving exp?

Edit: I'm thinking if the exp for monsters like Slimes and Beholders were increased to compensate for this feature being removed.

Last edited:

Not sure. In 7.2 they did not give exp already and I think it was that update (7.11 -> 7.2) when it was changed. Either that or one earlier.

Edit: I'm thinking if the exp for monsters like Slimes and Beholders were increased to compensate for this feature being removed.

Yea, could be. Although they've been adjusting exp of some monsters in general overtime.
E.g. dwarf guard exp was lowered from 185 to 170 in 7.3->7.4 update, and again to 165 afterwards. Wild warrior was also changed from 55 to 60. (speaking about 7.4/7.7 differences as it was my main interest)

This thread is to help people developing 7.1 OT, comparing 7.1 Tibia to 7.4 tibia
I would love to see a thread like this for 7.4 version, comparing 7.4 Tibia to 7.7 Tibia since nowadays most of servers that claim to be 7.4 are actually 7.7

Last edited:
I thought I read something here about spears being 30 attack, but now I can't find it.
Anyway, I can't find a screenshot that shows it either, but Tibia.fandom.com claims that's the case.

Webarchive of tibia.de also claims that's the case and they also have different attack values for some of the other distance weapons. Since you could see the attack value on these items, I'll buy that that was the case, at least at some point, but I don't think they updated their site as soon as a change was made, so just because the date is around 7.1, I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.

They also claim that arrows had 30 attack and bolts 60 under ammunition. Since you were not able to see attack value of ammunition, I doubt this is accurate, especially for bolts in 7.1. But it does make me wonder if the attack values have changed. Doesn't it seem strange for spears to have a higher attack value than arrows?

Spears used to have 30 attack prior to 7.5 for a fact. And yea, they hit more than arrows, arrows had a higher hitchance though.
60 atk bolts is bs, you can find that info on various sites, but they were just copying it from each other. Bolts had 30 atk and power bolts 40, confirmed.
Btw throwing stars, throwing knives and small stones atk and weight were also changed. @al222

Back