• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 7.6 on Windows 10 Display Issue

Darekzio

Reaction score
Hello ,I have new pc with windows 10, and tibia 7.6 display issue it doesn't display property

IMG_20240426_101125.jpg

I don't have this issue with otclient DX, how to fix client tibia ,7.6?

Last edited:
Solution
its classic client 7.6 had no directx9 support i have a fix for that :) give me a second.
Post automatically merged:

try this tibia pic

1714155572800.png
pre directx9 tibia had used this for its ambient light it was enforced within the tibia.pic and drawn on the map for player when he was anywhere under floor 7 and at night when in above floors i believe or changing with the timezone all together

how do i Know this? i have played a lot of 7.6 servers back in the day and actually hosted one and wrote my first c++ code for yurots engine when I was around 12 years of age :) and released it publicly on one of the polish forums it was a fix to give full hp and mana after level which was never present on yurots servers and I had enough of...
its classic client 7.6 had no directx9 support i have a fix for that :) give me a second.

try this tibia pic

1714155572800.png
pre directx9 tibia had used this for its ambient light it was enforced within the tibia.pic and drawn on the map for player when he was anywhere under floor 7 and at night when in above floors i believe or changing with the timezone all together

how do i Know this? i have played a lot of 7.6 servers back in the day and actually hosted one and wrote my first c++ code for yurots engine when I was around 12 years of age :) and released it publicly on one of the polish forums it was a fix to give full hp and mana after level which was never present on yurots servers and I had enough of it
(without chatgpt btw)

@Dercas the client ur showing is either 7.72 or tibianic.dll

however i would refrain from using 7.6 servers as they do not feature a XTEA so it is easier to do this:
i used this script and created bots that would spam dancing extremely efficient and would basically ddos server

Attachments

Last edited:
Solution
I can't use shadow lights on 7.6 tibia there no checkmark

try this tibia pic

View attachment 84123

how do i Know this? i have played a lot of 7.6 servers back in the day and actually hosted one and wrote my first c++ code for yurots engine when I was around 12 years of age :) and released it publicly on one of the polish forums it was a fix to give full hp and mana after level which was never present on yurots servers and I had enough of it
(without chatgpt btw)

however i would refrain from using 7.6 servers as they do not feature a XTEA so it is easier to do this:
i used this script and created bots that would spam dancing extremely efficient and would basically ddos server
thanks this working

thanks this working
just rememeber looking at items from afar will say its too dark or you cant see you will need to cast light to see items descriptions from a far.

this thread has made me feel old but also made me realize that I have unspoken amount of knowledge when it comes to ots and tibia and I can not let it go to waste. We need more good servers!
OtLeaks are gonna get huge this year :)

Last edited:

try this tibia pic

View attachment 84123

(without chatgpt btw)

Can you download 7.6 original cipsoft client and check?:)
Im pretty sure the option is in there from 7.6 or even earlier.
If it doesnt work then you're missing dx5(or other thing/drivers/something xD im not near PC so can't check)

//edit
FYI, Replacing tibia.pic is temporary solution.
If you delete tibia client and decide to return to 76 in a few months time you'll need again look for this thread or make a new one asking for help.
Just Google dx5, install it & check the option I've pointed out. It should work. & you can reinstall 76 client as many times as you wish & you won't experience issues. Also, this may be helpful when playing other old games:)

//edit2
My point is - find the source of the problem and fix it. Dont create walkarounds. Dont make temporary solutions. They work but not forever.

Last edited:
Can you download 7.6 original cipsoft client and check?:)
Im pretty sure the option is in there from 7.6 or even earlier.
If it doesnt work then you're missing dx5(or other thing/drivers/something xD im not near PC so can't check)

//edit
FYI, Replacing tibia.pic is temporary solution.
If you delete tibia client and decide to return to 76 in a few months time you'll need again look for this thread or make a new one asking for help.
Just Google dx5, install it & check the option I've pointed out. It should work. & you can reinstall 76 client as many times as you wish & you won't experience issues. Also, this may be helpful when playing other old games:)

//edit2
My point is - find the source of the problem and fix it. Dont create walkarounds. Dont make temporary solutions. They work but not forever.
7.6 client has no ambient light option why do you argue with me when I know 100% sure?

The only other solution is cheat engine jesus the cheek of that guy!

7.6 client has no ambient light option why do you argue with me when I know 100% sure?

The only other solution is cheat engine jesus the cheek of that guy!
1. There's light in the game since ages ago, doesnt really matter how it was made or how its working, its not even related to the topic
2. Im not arguing but it seems you're confusing things or have troubles understanding the question in the thread
3. How tf cheat engine is even related to black dots on the screen which are caused by the lack of dx5(or lack of option being turned on)
4. I was playing on real tibia back in 7.6 and it was known if u turn this option off you get black dots and again, how playing in 2005-2006 on rl tibia & black dots were related to ambient light or cheat engine
5. Once again replacing tibia.pic is far from ideal and is just temporary solution. Better to get whatever you're missing in ur PC and turn the light option on

//edit
Btw. Do you believe that back in 7.6 times people were playing with black dots on the screen????? XDDD
Jesus christ

Last edited:
1714206051635.png1714206058458.png

sigh what to expect from people with large deficit of gray matter

Tibia version 7.72 was when directx9 and ambient light was introduced as client feature prevoiusly it was the black dots and people played tibia like that exactly! or with a light hack from bots :) which you probably used but dont remember. also CRT screens made the black dots look normal hence you probably dont remember but with LCD hell broke loose.
the greyed out light effects is actually work of anti aliasing which was working and not working but its near to impossible to get it enabled it works under some odd circumstances on xp and vista but something happened at windows 7 updates and since the black dots returned without anti aliasing being brought back hence people switch into otclient / tibianic.dll and client 7.72
you are unable to enable directx5 on latest windows machines

ill include chat gpt also because maybe then you will actually begin to use that blob of meat inside your head.
1714206423441.png

so yeah maybe back in the day was no black dots but your graphics card is not gonna run dx5 period. its 2024 grow up use otc or 7.72 with dx9 and apologize when you are wrong instead of making stupid ball dot points of yapping.

cheat engine will allow you to enable light hack that will let you see items from a far. but the pic solution wont.

If it's official tibia 7.6. client then here's the solution:

View attachment 84120

If it's OTClient then I would need to know more about it.
also this is not official 7.6 client this is 7.72 or above or ur running some graphics card from 2005 which probably you do since your account is from 2008

apparently this thread has 7.72 client that works with 7.6 @Darekzio please try it and let us know.

Last edited:
View attachment 84136View attachment 84137

sigh what to expect from people with large deficit of gray matter

Tibia version 7.72 was when directx9 and ambient light was introduced as client feature prevoiusly it was the black dots and people played tibia like that exactly! or with a light hack from bots :) which you probably used but dont remember. also CRT screens made the black dots look normal hence you probably dont remember but with LCD hell broke loose.
the greyed out light effects is actually work of anti aliasing which was working and not working but its near to impossible to get it enabled it works under some odd circumstances on xp and vista but something happened at windows 7 updates and since the black dots returned without anti aliasing being brought back hence people switch into otclient / tibianic.dll and client 7.72
you are unable to enable directx5 on latest windows machines

ill include chat gpt also because maybe then you will actually begin to use that blob of meat inside your head.
View attachment 84138

so yeah maybe back in the day was no black dots but your graphics card is not gonna run dx5 period. its 2024 grow up use otc or 7.72 with dx9 and apologize when you are wrong instead of making stupid ball dot points of yapping.

cheat engine will allow you to enable light hack that will let you see items from a far. but the pic solution wont.

also this is not official 7.6 client this is 7.72 or above or ur running some graphics card from 2005 which probably you do since your account is from 2008

apparently this thread has 7.72 client that works with 7.6 @Darekzio please try it and let us know.
Jesus.. once again. If you can't click on the standard 7.6 client "show light effects" then you're missing either directx, drivers, or have some settings messed up.
The OP has new PC so he might need to download dx/drivers/some other things

My pc - Win11 64 bit (i5 11gen, rtx3060) can run properly 7.6 with light.
No cheat engine.
No edited .pic, .spr, .dat, .dll, or .exe.
Original cipsoft client files.
It also can run 7.1, 7.4 without problems.

My old MSI laptop (i7+gtx1060) also can run on win10 those clients without issues(just tested. Laptop is missing screen so had to connect it to my tv but proved my point.)

My (barely working 15 yrs old) dell laptop with win7 also can run the original cip clients (but it's very low fps due to shytty laptop)

It's better to install required stuff than edit the client if you want to play on the official client(best practice would be to switch to OTClient)

You can even run on win11 6.0/6.4 client with the right software installed (and I'm not talking about virtual machine).

I could send you pictures or videos proving they work just fine but you're not mentally capable of making them work so you'll find stupid excuse just like before ("its not 7.6, its 7.72 or tibianic" XD) & you'll continue living in denail just because you don't know how to make it work.

Yet again, it's better to download drivers/dx/software and permanently be able to use the client rather than play with some stupid replacing of .pic file

yeah again different solutions and hardware.
while support for old platforms died at some point some of the older laptops with integrated apus and such dont have ability for that.

Back