• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia XYZ - A map for Tibia [work in progress]

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I'm working on a new map viewer for Tibia.
The previous version of TibiaXYZ was based on leaflet.js and is used at tibiamaps.org
This new map viewer is from scratch, no JS libs, resulting in a very small payload (1KB, not including map data)
You'll notice it's much much faster and smoother.

Note: this is work in progress, there are known issues, I will post updates throughout development.

Tibia XYZ (https://tibia.xyz)

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 3.38.40 AM.png

Last edited:
Cool! Good job.

Add a restriction on how far you can zoom out, I accidentally zoomed out too much and can't zoom in again (obviously my fault, but you can prevent it easily).
Also remove zooming in with left-mouse click.
Edit: add another restriction on how far you can zoom in also.

Cool! Good job.

Add a restriction on how far you can zoom out, I accidentally zoomed out too much and can't zoom in again (obviously my fault, but you can prevent it easily).

Yeah that's one of the known issues. Will be fixed in the next release.

Good job! Indeed that is much faster! Do you will make this a open source?

Just noticed that you can infinite scroll while zoom so infinite zoom o_O, also what are the methods? or thats not posted/done yet :D

[removed] combined update with changes below

Last edited:
holy shit the map is massive, i havent played since yalahar lol, what even is half that shit

Update:
  • Added coordinates in URL on left click
  • Added zoom restrictions
  • Added loading message
  • Reduced initial payload to 2KB (159 bytes when cached)
Next Update:
  • Linking coordinates
  • Centering map to last coordinates on hotkey (c)
Roadmap:
  • NPC spawn markers (show name, outfit, info on click)
  • House exit markers (show name, house image, info on click)
  • Toggle-able UI (for zoom, floor change, panning
  • Toggle-able area highlights

Last edited:
Hello.
First of all - a great idea. This is the best map presentation I've ever seen.
Secondly, there have been no updates for months.
Has the project been abandoned?
Third, are you going to let use of XYZ for OTS?

#Down:
I'd be happy with current XYZ project.

Last edited:
Would be damn cool if you could get "satellite" images that you can view if you zoom in close enough. With satellite mean the real view of the map. Maybe export images from RME with a decently accurate real map? That'd be damn neat. I remember there were such a map back in the day. Dont remember the name or if it even exists anymore.

I'm fairly sure this project is dead or paused.

Currently this project is discontinued. Though the map will always be up-to-date.
The older more featured version is available at: Tibia XYZ (https://tibia.xyz/index.leaflet.html) but it has an out-of-date map.

Satellite images used to be supported (back in XenoMap days), but the new engine only works with minimap files.

Back