• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread

I think i read somewhere that the .spr file won't be able to modified, so exist the possibility to create an alternative client-files with 7.1 sprites?

Two questions:
1. Have you guys already thought about the date of relase? Maybe have you talked each other which date might be good? - Just curious if you have been already talking about it and made some decisions in this matter :)
2. Have you thought how far in advance will you announce the relase date?

Two questions:
1. Have you guys already thought about the date of relase? Maybe have you talked each other which date might be good? - Just curious if you have been already talking about it and made some decisions in this matter :)
2. Have you thought how far in advance will you announce the relase date?

Of course we do talk about it, but we won't give any date until it's for certain. As soon as we can announce an exact date, it will be announced. No need to ask about it.
It will be atleast 10 days in advance, I think.

They said its 13 march, not sure if troll or not

It was just a troll posting some fake pic all over otland.
We only said it'd be in March, not giving any specific day yet.

I will join for sure, but I hope that you will scale exp from lvl 1 at 2x and at lvl 100 1x, slowly scaling down.

I really like the real tibia ascepts such as the push being saved when people stair hop etc. I always thought of this on every server I played.

Also the removal of OP tombs is good. You do basically everything I would do if I were to decide :)
Post automatically merged:

Wut? Really? Damn. I thought that was one of those things that nobody would remember as I remember not many knew about it. Cool!
I just hope that you can side step and shoot spells backwards, that would be enough for me :D But I do remember it.

Exori on website calculator shows same damage for every level I don't know if you were aware.

I have to add: Please make some sort of system to encourage hunting with friends. If you add some sort of task system maybe make us get 1/2 of the task each. And add 25% higher exp when in party, for every member.

Last edited:
really looking forward for this to launch, anything about it yet?

Last edited:
Ok it's fine just an opinion :p I really hope that they will encourage teamplay, teamhunting etc :)

Is there going to be any vocation balancing soon? I think druid needs a little bit love to make it more appealing to play and not to be just UH slave.

I think i read somewhere that the .spr file won't be able to modified, so exist the possibility to create an alternative client-files with 7.1 sprites?
Bumping this question because i want to know too. I like to change sprites and tibia.pic (default skin sucks imo) when i play old school servers, will it be possible here?

I really hope you will make shared exp activated and such. Otherwise it will make alot of RPGers not play I'm afraid, even if it's not "old school".

seems like way to much work and no reward/to little custom stuff to see, i already played tibia 7.4 as was and content ran out in a month or 2. 1x rates LUL

Custom changes

But I mentioned "custom changes" at the beginning, what about them? Our goal is not only to create a perfect copy of Tibia 7.4. It is merely a starting point. Although we think that such an accurate recreation, together with several forgotten mechanics, will alone be a breeze of freshness, we also realize that it may be not enough to keep the game interesting in the long run. In the olden days no one had so many years of experience behind. Today almost everything has already been said, and probably everyone knows the map like one's own pocket (apart from these minor differences). Therefore, we will introduce several changes that in our opinion - atleast to a minimal extent - may help to bring back the feelings that once accompanied Tibia players daily.

* The first - and perhaps the most 'controversial' - change is the lack of the city of Ankrahmun. The area itself will still exists, but we used it for new content, writing an alternative story of the Djinn war. Why? First of all, we want Tibiantis to include things to be yet discovered, but we didn't want to expand the map too much at the start. The basis for mantaining close interaction is in our opinion the size of the map tailored to the number of players. Too much dispersion of server's population would cause a feeling of 'emptiness'. This can be referred to today's Tibia, which has probably reached 30 cities already and even with 300 active players online in some of them you won't meet a living soul for a long time.
But why getting rid of Ankrahmun? After a broader analysis, and our own experience too, we came to the conclusion that today's game on version 7.4 has become a boring schema in which almost all events revolve around Ankrahmun and the nearby hunting places (tombs). This is due to the bad design. Tombs are simply too good, as if they were designed purely for GFB shooting, in comparision to what else the game offered at the time. While the city itself is one big protection zone, which allows to move around safely in any situation. Originally it was even worse, as initially there was no PZ on the pyramids whatsoever, which resulted in the impossibility of killing anyone who jumped on them. Hence CipSoft "fixed" it. Which only confirms the thesis about poor design (or not-so-well thought at least). And although Ankrahmun and tombs were added in 7.3 and 7.4, and truly had its climate, we find that it did not quite match the then gameplay. At the time, we may have not realized it, but from the perspective of years it can be clearly seen.

This is why we decided to break the schema. There will be one city less, which - we hope - will slightly help to people other cities as well as stimulate the creativity of players in inventing others new-old ways of hunting. And meanwhile it left us enough space to create some new content full of secrets.

Also on Mainland (and other isles) you may notice some slight changes, but definitely not as drastic. We've added some interesting and more or less hidden quests and places, fully integrated with the original Tibia lore. We will keep sure that there's always yet another thing to be discovered in Tibiantis. And yes, the so-called "epic quests" will be present as well, those will also be embedded in the Tibia lore and have a coherant and logical sequence (not just some senseless and completly random crap :)) leading to reward.

LA1qx5B.png

c9U9RP7.png

53oMOlx.png

* We also plan to balance some of the existing original quests and the properties of some items. In the olden days everyone dreamed of shiny armor, there was a high demand of inventory items despite they were valued much more. For a long time prices remained at a high level. Today, however, hardly anyone buys equipment on trade, because most of the items can be easily obtained at low cost from no-risk & no-effort quests. Usually all you have to do is to reach the required level and go grab your reward. Who is going to buy a crown armor today, knowing he will get it for free once level 50 is reached? Or what could be the price of - for example - a bright sword, considering that every 45+ level takes it, but only maybe 5% of these people actually need it? So 95% of these swords go on trade, where there certainly is not enough demand?
In addition, players have long come to the conclusion that the best pieces of armor don't really do much and are not worth a lot of monney. It is considered much better to buy some runes instead, e.g. People then stopped caring about typical loot hunts, like camping a single demon spawn and so on. That's why we will slightly balance some of the quests, those that only rely on passing the level gate and taking rewards (all the 'smaller' quests will remain original). In the same time we will raise armor value of the best armor pieces to increase the difference between them and only the average. This way we'd like to regulate demand & supply a bit in order to revive the market and bring back the satisfaction of upgrading your equipment.

* We will also balance the druid profession a little. Although this profession is quite underestimated, we still can't deny there are some issues. Soon we will provide more information, but the changes will be rather cosmetic. "Poison UE" or anything similar should not be expected. :) We'd rather like to differ it a bit more from a sorcerer vocation than the way around.

* Other minor changes will also include, for example, slightly higher travel costs. This is to atleast insensibly help slow down inflation by an additional outflow of gold from the server, as well as make players more willing to choose the path on foot, as we often used to in the old days.

Of course, these are also just some examples of planned changes. What we do is not limited to what's said in here, but don't worry, we'll be able to present everything in details long enough before the start.
If that's "no reward/to little custom", then what about 99% other 7.4 servers.
x1 rates are for server longevity, as it will be definitive edition of this server, not another ots you play couple of days/weeks and it's finished, so next edition is started. It also makes everything count more as it won't be another runemaking simulator, where every player has infinite supplies or p2w server where after death you just buy aol/etc. from shop.
Dying will hurt a lot (as it did in past), but every success will be way more satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know if this people talking about exp share/making x10 rate ots is just 1 person on multiclients or there are really so much 0 iq idiots

Back