• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread

another week since you said test server comming and nothing happen :S

another week since you said test server comming and nothing happen :S

I said public test server would come after this weekend, and it will, no worries :)

Hey please confirm the vocation changes before the test server :)

There won't be any changes on the start of test servers, so people can see how things actually used to go for comparison. We will apply those changes during test server (except for custom content such as quests, map, monsters etc., which will only come in the actual Tibiantis, so people who join TS will not gain any advantage).

3oo9w2.jpg

First of all, it's been a while since I checked otlands. The last time I visited the site I was very pesimistic about the community since nobody seemed interested in recreating the actual old tibia. They seemed content with the poor quality of these high-mid rate war servers. Now some dude in reddit gets this thread to my attention, and reading through it I can only sincerely appreciate there are people out there like you guys putting the effort into delivering something I've been desiring for a long time.

I think removing ankrahmun is the right call since without the actual distribution of noobs and free account players, following the known meta leaves most places empty which ruins the 7.4 atmosphere. And adding content to the main continent is a also a good call since it will bring a lot of enthusiasm for exploring and RPG aspects.

I'm just really hoping you guys leave the experience x1 and do not change it at all since touching it unbalances the game completly, let me explain briefly: mages scaling is a problem, specially sorcerer; get them too quickly out of the early levels (8-50) and you get a powerful pk char, plus knights and paladins who have better early game and level through those levels better, really get one of their advantages erased (specially knights). Mages are too overpowered in this version of tibia but the truth is, getting one to a high level specially without multiclients, bots and so on, is VERY HARD and EXPENSIVE, so the few dedicated and elite players should be rewarded for their effort but the game has to keep the old tibia struggle where mages had to hunt smarter rather than harder like in nowadays tibia.

I do also hope the old regen rates are kept as they once were for the game to keep its old slow pace, where even killing a dragon was a task for the common player, where it took months and months for people to reach a high level because they needed to prepare for big hunts to grab resources for big XP. This way a lot of the player base will be mid levels 30-80 and populating more of the actual continent rather than people finishing the content too quickly and going to demons with sds too early and getting too much xp too quickly. This also enhances the server's economy since the scarcity makes every player and every transaction and resources more valuable, forges more player interaction and also makes hunting harder. This also goes for skilling up, if leveling a mage is hard, playing a knight has to be a struggle aswell for getting their skills up in order to hunt.

I'm too excited for this, I hope you do the right thing and wish you guys to succeed.

^ this is why knight/paladin is strong on 7.4, but people laughting at me, because all they see in 7.4-7.6 tibia was ots exp x2 4 mc allowed, so they think mage is actually really best vocation xD
still waitingggggggggggggggggggg.

Any1 who thinks a good mage cant be lv70 in 2 weeks without ank is truly a bad player and has no idea how to powergame. As a player who never Gfb'd tombs as a mage until lv100+, its not hard.

Yooki on the first tibianic was mycharacter and I was lv 64 in less than 2 weeks without spending ANY TIME AT ALL IN ANYTOMB and 0 mcs. Karelazi bot also didnt exist then so that wasnt used either. Tombs are not required for a mage to powergame if they know what they are doing. Its defintely the laziest/fastest thhere is no doubt there, but this server will steal have to deal with powergamers who know how to play. Myself + an old player named Galen (99% sure thats his name) were ALWAYS the top 2 on every lowrate. Why was that,? Neitherof us gfb'd tombs. Cuz theres more to it.Itsnot the only way.

Last edited:
I'm just really hoping you guys leave the experience x1 and do not change it at all since touching it unbalances the game completly

Exp and regen won't be higher than x1, that's not negotiable. You have nothing to worry about, we're all aware of what you're saying about balancing.

Any1 who thinks a good mage cant be lv70 in 2 weeks without ank is truly a bad player and has no idea how to powergame.
(...)
Yooki on the first tibianic was mycharacter and I was lv 64 in less than 2 weeks without spending ANY TIME AT ALL IN ANYTOMB and 0 mcs.

First Tibianic had x2 exp (until 70? level atleast) and x2 regen though, which makes it atleast 3 times faster to level up in the early-mid game (with tasks it goes up to even x5 faster, from my observations).

Tibiantis will have all rates x1 as original and I don't think there'll be levels 70s of any vocation in first two weeks.

But I agree it's totally playable without tombs and MCs. It's just that for years people were taught only one way: making gfbs and shooting them in tombs. Therefore now they say you have to make runes for a week to hunt for 3 hours, based on simple calculation. But obviously that's not the effective way. This game was once about smartness and knowledge - using it in order to gain advantage over others, not just doing what everyone does. We want to go back to that time, so that people will again have to use their brains and be creative, instead of mindlessly repeating one schema.
It's also worth to note that in 7.4 times tombs were not nearly as important as in todays servers, because they were only added in 7.4 update (deeper floors) and the spawns were not so well known yet.

Changes to druid would be appreciated.

Will come during TS. :)

---
#top
Test Server is pretty much ready to launch, we're only having a lil issue on a hosting service side. Working on to fix it.
The initial rates will be:
  • exp x10
  • skills x10
  • mlvl x2
  • regen x10 (only coming from food and only mana - adding +10 instead of +1 each time)
  • loot x1
  • special test NPC that will provide free cash for everyone for each X levels
That should be enough to let people test what they want with no big effort.
As soon as the mentioned issue is dealt with, we will announce TS.

Tibiantis will have all rates x1 as original and I don't think there'll be levels 70s of any vocation in first two weeks.

If only I cared enough to crash your expectations :(. I wasonly talking about when I played mage. Id have that same lv in half the time as paladin or knight (Although in a sense thats what you want to occur,knights/paladins make upthe majority of total gained exp)

Ironically enough, removing ank/dara will in fact slow down leveling. Not because you need tombs, butbecause you are taking away 40-60 hunting locations (assuming every tomb floor is taken). That means youll be forcing even more cramped conditions. So if there is no lv 70,its not due to lack of pg. Its due to inability to hunt at any given timemore so than the changes.

We want to go back to that time, so that people will again have to use their brains and be creative, instead of mindlessly repeating one schema.

Cant happen.Sure theres loads of retardswho never played, but theres still plenty who knowthe basics. Those that know will tell their team and thus all hope for requiring brains is gone. Tibia is too mch of a grind style game for it to be anything but. The monsters aint smart, theres no reactionary hunting. If you want them to use creativity, youdneed an overhaul on monster AI

Cant happen.Sure theres loads of retardswho never played, but theres still plenty who knowthe basics. Those that know will tell their team and thus all hope for requiring brains is gone. Tibia is too mch of a grind style game for it to be anything but. The monsters aint smart, theres no reactionary hunting. If you want them to use creativity, youdneed an overhaul on monster AI

It's not like you can teach the whole team to play in two words, after they've learned and got used only to MCing and gfbing tombs for years. Also, if you tell everyone your ways it might be not viable anymore, since there'll be more people doing the same. And as you said, the number of hunting spots is limited. It is also the factor that may rouse some creativity - in thinking of alternate, less obvious places.
But sure there are people with enough knowledge and smartness, that they will get ahead, but that was the point. Not everyone will be able to level up a high mage, so you won't see 70% mages in the top, like usually today.

And by the way, I've only known two servers with x1 rates, which were Medivia's Spectrum and Destiny. I don't know about Destiny, but in Spectrum it took way longer for the first 70 levels, despite tasks, better weapons for pallies, more hunting spots, and easier gameplay overall. I highly doubt one can get 70 lvl mage in two weeks, but you're free to prove me wrong :)

Glad to have that reassurance that the integrity of the game kill be kept like of old.

As for the folk saying how easy the game is, how uninteresting and putting other people down who want to experience the old game need to be ignored. They are resentful trolls who don't understand it's not about the destiny, nor their subjective own experience.

Back