• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread

In all this discussion you forgot about people who seek for rare items not only for benefit, but for showoff (house decorations) and satisfaction.

No, they simply dont matter here.

Those players will collect items whether the MPA is armor 1 or if its armor 1000. Irrelevant to the discussion.

Last edited:
I feel like the majority will get benefit from these changes (they don't hunt perfectly or care so much about optimisation and do want extra gank protection) and the minority (powergamers) won't see the point in the change.

Sorry but, when ppl with bad knowledge of the stock market, say that this stock or that stock is right, u dont listen just cuz "they have their own style". There is right, there is wrong. One 'style' is better. That style has always been to save cash by not buying EQ (as mage and pally) and instead spend the same cash into supplies for lvs.

What happens when demand raises?

Price raises. So at the end of the day, it wont be any more money saved most likely. You could easily write a code to show a graph that the increase in dps saved would increase the cost of the item inequally favoring the seller over the buyer. Meaning, sure it saves u hp but it also costed u more. So even longer to pay for itself. As the above guy explained about paying 1kk for MPA. It would take LONG LONG LONG TIME for the dmg saved from that MPA to be worth the price when a DSM would still save relatively similar for 1000% less the price.

1 single mpa, or 900k + a dsm. What is better? Its clear. MPA being better now, would cost more. DSM as well, but theyd always be in ratio. The armor value would have to be AEONS ahead for the MPA for any1 intelligent to ever want the MPA over cash + dsm.

I think you misunderstand what's the goal of those changes.
We wanted to encourage more people to put effort into getting better eq and therefore raise the prices, so team hunting might be more viable again (in terms of possible profit). And you just said it does work. It doesn't matter whether it's optimal strategy to invest in EQ, nor it matters your "style" is better. People who play optimal in every aspect are very few. The fact is more people will care for EQ, not all, but more than before, and that was to be achieved (and so that it will be more rewarding for them than before).

The increase in +1 armor for knight armor, vs scale armor. The scale armor has 15 less cap wich means 12 or 13 extra Uh runes. I am 100% positive, those 13 uh runes will be far better than that +1 armor. Now you say the other armors are better and thats true, but now you are entering the realm of too heavy eq for the mage to ever function. At the end of the day, the mage will save more by bringing 12 more uh runes than investing into better EQ that weigh more. Also the fact that the Knight armor can be sold for 5k+ (assuming price would raise to 7-8k but no guarentee) wich means they could have a few more bp MF in their dpot or an extra bp of sd. Both options are betterfor the mage than the +1 armor.

The difference between scale and knight armors is +4 arm now. Also, crown, golden, demon and magic plate armor weigh even less than scale armor, so if you consider weight difference that valuable then it's even bigger advantage for those armors over scale, no? :p

Last edited:
EQ Update is good. I hope that you remove all OP gfb spots so people hunt old school style :)

No, they simply dont matter here.

Those players will collect items whether the MPA is armor 1 or if its armor 1000. Irrelevant to the discussion.
Thats the point - the item will remain its value due to its rarity and players willing to buy it for the sake of collecting.

@kay I didn't mean to sound like I am criticizing before seeing it in action, just voicing my doubts! :)

Not true, with the new values full set (MPA, g-legs, demon helmet) blocks 24-47 dmg, where knight set (knight armor, legs, warrior/crusader helmet) 15-39. That's 13.5 dmg less on average EVERY HIT. In many cases it'll work better than perma might ring or elven amulet. Even in PvP since ue, sd and burst dmg are physical.
It's all true that it's costly and you may find it not worth the effort/cash, or risk in PvP. But if you think 13.5 dmg less is nothing, then consider using rook gear instead of knight set in your OF hunt, and you'll see

I mainly meant paladin, as that's the class I've played since 7.2 - 8.2, and I was referring to Cipsoft's values - sorry, I wasn't clear I think. I know that there are people who can't keep the distance or have bad connection, but during normal gameplay as a paladin you aren't getting anywhere close to every turn - rather like every 10 turns at most, so it's 1.35 damage every potential hit. And still, you are either hunting something that has unavoidable spell damage (dragons, necromancers, warlocks) or you're rarely getting hit at all (vampires, dwarves guards, heroes). The higher your level is, the more effective exura vita gets, so the cost of getting hit is getting lower. And even without Tibiantis buffs to equipment, mana usage on hunts was pretty low - main cost was always ammunition.

So at first, you are lower level and you can't afford the best equipment. And by the time you could possibly afford good stuff, you are much higher level. So now you can (1) heal for more, (2) hunt stronger creatures where flat reduction is worth much less.

Have you considered reworking armor formula? As in - adding % reduction to it? It would probably require reworking a lot of other things (monsters stats, damage output, weapons) and it might be too far from "kinda vanilla" you seem to be aiming for though ;)

But I am very hopeful! Maybe it will cause people to get better gear and open up some unusual exp places. Cheers!

Even if paladins won't have use for the better equipment(for me its given that its more important for knights since they are the tankers specially in this version) they will profit more gold since they can loot those equipments, same thing for mages.

Even if paladins won't have use for the better equipment(for me its given that its more important for knights since they are the tankers specially in this version) they will profit more gold since they can loot those equipments, same thing for mages.

It's not the point of discussion - obviously paladins will profit. The problem is that paladin's gear progression ends at level 15 and you have nothing to look forward to.

It's not the point of discussion - obviously paladins will profit. The problem is that paladin's gear progression ends at level 15 and you have nothing to look forward to.
Then no paladin can wear a MPA? because of CAP?

Then no paladin can wear a MPA? because of CAP?

Have you read my previous replies? It's pointless. You spend 500k for MPA, which gives you some physical protection, so you use less mana for healing, so you use a bit less mana potions - you save 300 gold per hour of hunting, because either you are not getting hit, or you are getting hit by fire/spells which go past armor.

Thats the point - the item will remain its value due to its rarity and players willing to buy it for the sake of collecting.
Items are never valued by the 4 collectors on the server. These players are never setting prices so no, they don’t matter.

So, you remove quests and make armor stronger to let players trade rare loot for higher prices.

Result, knights complain they have to buy equipment. Paladins asking for boosted eq too.

xd

I'll be happy to earn gold by selling rares to new players. But I don't know if they're going to be so happy about it too.

Tibianic added quests when player amount was very low.

Let's hope players are up for something serious. It's like a trademark for ots to be easy, fast and temporary.

Why is everyone talking about removing quests anyway?
quests that flood the game with decent items the most (and the easiest) will be changed.
I'm interested in what is meant by change.
When I read this my interpretation was that some quests would be changed to prevent people simply running past the monsters to take the rewards and potentially changing the way some operate to allow only one set of rewards per team rather than all the rewards for all the players.
But maybe changed actually means removed?

In my opinion a few things worth noting are:
  • Lower level players will often buy equipment even though in 10-20 levels they would get it for free from a quest
  • Not everyone reaches high levels to get all the quests and saturate the market
  • Many items are effectively absorbed by lower levels holding them indefinitely
  • People often have alternate characters that absorb quest items too
  • People die and lose items all the time and need to re-buy
  • I really don't think that the majority, even now, play 7.4 in the most-optimised or war-is-everything way

If I were making changes, I'd probably start by identifying the quests that are "appropriate" and then scaling the others around them.
So in my opinion, the following quests are pretty appropriate:
  • Spike Sword
  • Devil Helmet
  • Dark armor & barb axe
  • Demona
  • Noble armor/Crown helmet
  • Circle room
  • Naginata
  • Griffin Shield
  • Bright Sword
  • Fire Axe
  • Medusa Shield/Skull Staff/Blue Robe
  • Banshee
  • Vampire Shield
  • Behemoth quest
  • Anni

These quests should be scaled to fit in between the above, plus a few additional notes that I might consider:
- Crusader helmet:
Increase minimum level requirement for quest to be > Deeper fib
- Orc Fort:
The king must be spoken to (which spawns a heap of orcs) in order for you to get the rewards (I actually don't remember when that mechanic was added though?)
- BK:
A black knight must die for the reward chests to work (therefore only 1 set of rewards per clear)
Crown armor/shield is pretty OP for such an easy quest anyway in my opinion, perhaps I'd consider randomising the rewards within a small set of relevant possibilities
- Deeper Fib:
Adjust level requirement (potentially down, in relation to BK and Crusader helmet) so that it is a useful quest
- DHQ:
One set of rewards per clear

I didn't give this too much thought so it might be very flawed but I think the idea behind it is clear enough.

Why is everyone talking about removing quests anyway?

I'm interested in what is meant by change.
When I read this my interpretation was that some quests would be changed to prevent people simply running past the monsters to take the rewards and potentially changing the way some operate to allow only one set of rewards per team rather than all the rewards for all the players.
But maybe changed actually means removed?

In my opinion a few things worth noting are:
  • Lower level players will often buy equipment even though in 10-20 levels they would get it for free from a quest
  • Not everyone reaches high levels to get all the quests and saturate the market
  • Many items are effectively absorbed by lower levels holding them indefinitely
  • People often have alternate characters that absorb quest items too
  • People die and lose items all the time and need to re-buy
  • I really don't think that the majority, even now, play 7.4 in the most-optimised or war-is-everything way

If I were making changes, I'd probably start by identifying the quests that are "appropriate" and then scaling the others around them.
So in my opinion, the following quests are pretty appropriate:
  • Spike Sword
  • Devil Helmet
  • Dark armor & barb axe
  • Demona
  • Noble armor/Crown helmet
  • Circle room
  • Naginata
  • Griffin Shield
  • Bright Sword
  • Fire Axe
  • Medusa Shield/Skull Staff/Blue Robe
  • Banshee
  • Vampire Shield
  • Behemoth quest
  • Anni

These quests should be scaled to fit in between the above, plus a few additional notes that I might consider:
- Crusader helmet:
Increase minimum level requirement for quest to be > Deeper fib
- Orc Fort:
The king must be spoken to (which spawns a heap of orcs) in order for you to get the rewards (I actually don't remember when that mechanic was added though?)
- BK:
A black knight must die for the reward chests to work (therefore only 1 set of rewards per clear)
Crown armor/shield is pretty OP for such an easy quest anyway in my opinion, perhaps I'd consider randomising the rewards within a small set of relevant possibilities
- Deeper Fib:
Adjust level requirement (potentially down, in relation to BK and Crusader helmet) so that it is a useful quest
- DHQ:
One set of rewards per clear

I didn't give this too much thought so it might be very flawed but I think the idea behind it is clear enough.
Makes sense.

Just don't remove quests like Banshee Quest, it's sort of an epic quest tbh. Massive adventure. You could change rewards to be more cash and stuff like that. Wouldn't be weird to get alot of cash as rewards instead of items tbh, I mean if you want to remove alot of EQ as rewards that is.

I like changes that mdwilliams said, black knight should be stronger and there should be only one player allowed in bk room. Example: player goes in tp, he has 3 minutes to kill bk and take rewards, in that time nobody can enter teleport. When time is up, player is teleported in front of gate of expertise, so he can't block teleport

In the prize room should have a whole horde of Black Knights, not one.

In the prize room should have a whole horde of Black Knights, not one.
I agree. Add more monsters in the room and harder monsters on the way to the final room, a longer path filled with hard creatures. And change the reward to cash and such of same worth if you don't want to flood the market with EQ :)

Back