• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Trying out pixel art!

You are very talented, excellent work keep it up :)

Nice, but it's not exactly pixelart, what you are doing :x
Btw. I Love the shield!

Yeah, start with a basic drawing/painting and then scale it down. When it's shrunk down it becomes really blurry so i have to go in and define edges pixel by pixel. I do most of the coloring once it's somewhat clean.
It's really simple and much quicker for me since i am used to drawing and painting much more than doing pixel art.
0K3C3ZH.jpg
You could resize it in a black background, or when you're defining edges you can apply more AA in the borders, as @Elvenstriker said.

Clustering is also a nice idea, make clusters with key colors to the sprite become less blurred and distinct.

I want to see that armor!!

wow those boots and the helmet look amazing man, keep it up!!

Expanded on the previous tiles and made some more variations that could be used in the same area.
5 different types with 4 different variations

5d4Agop.jpg

2Q3Gcx3.jpg

Last edited:
So tried out the tiles.
Had to make them a lot brighter to fit with tibias other graphics and increase the amount of tiles to avoid evident patterns when mapping larger areas.
Sej1Ldl.jpg

Back