• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[tutorial] Designing a basic house

michael

Reaction score
Welcome to this tutorial about designing a house. I will guide you to an easy screenshot tutorial and explain everything step by step. Ok enough chit chat let’s start.

Step 1
First we need some grass to start on press “J” in your map editor and enter “4756” now fill you ground with the grass.
michaeltuts0001lm7.jpg

Step 2
Ok that’s easy now we go to select the outside of our house with some walls. I used the ID’s “1036, 1037, 1038, 1039 and 1040.
michaeltuts0002ol7.jpg

Step 3
Now we add the floor and a small road to the place of the front door.
michaeltuts0003na4.jpg

Step 4
Ok, now we got the rough basics of our house. But we need some windows, stairs and doors. Remember when you place a door you must remove the wall first because otherwise you can’t enter your house. Result below.
michaeltuts0004xo1.jpg

Step 5
We got our first floor now but I like to have another floor so we repeat step 2 till 4 and you will get this as result.
michaeltuts0005he8.jpg

Step 6
You need some beds to sleep on and lights to see something at night. This isn’t really a hard part but most of the mappers forget this. Remember that you don’t put any moveable items in your house, because every time your server restarts it will put the item in your house again.
michaeltuts0006he3.jpg

Step 7
Now you need to add some borders. Use the “Borders (items)” since this is easier to use.
michaeltuts0008jc3.jpg

Step 8
Now add some fences and be sure you add them right because if you’re using the wrong fence you aren’t able to walk next to the fence, you good ease check this by clicking on the floor next to the fence and if your select the floor of your house you got the right fence.
michaeltuts0009og6.jpg

Step 10
The roof, this is easy to do, I don’t think this need an explanation.
michaeltuts0009og6.jpg

Ok this is a step by step tutorial about creating a house. I hope you learned something and don’t be embarrassed if you got any question.

Final result
michaeltuts0011na3.jpg

For any questions just ask me.

yours,
michael

Back