• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tutorial for running 7.7 CipSoft Server on Ubuntu

I just can't get logging in to work. Nothing but timeouts or server offline.

When I access the myphpadmin the querymanager notes it as a login packet.

I have very little experience with virtual machines so I think I just don't know how to set it up so that my host can talk through to the server being hosted on the linux virtual machine.

I just have no idea where to go from here. "ip a" gives a weird virtual server machine ip of "10.0.2.15". I've also tried the 192 one that my host computer registered the VM as, as well as the public one that comes up when I check for my ip on the virtual machine.

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be much appreciated.

Managed to get this running on Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 Desktop in HyperV on Windows 10.

The login server needed a couple of updates to work with the latest boost, and some of the IP bindings needed to be the host IP, but am able to log in with these accounts.

I've just reset all the passwords to 123, since they're only test accounts and not the real CIPSoft player accounts. :(

Managed to get this running on Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 Desktop in HyperV on Windows 10.

The login server needed a couple of updates to work with the latest boost, and some of the IP bindings needed to be the host IP, but am able to log in with these accounts.

I've just reset all the passwords to 123, since they're only test accounts and not the real CIPSoft player accounts. :(
Can you please post the updated login server? I am running ubuntu 20.04 and my boost lib is not compatible with the one provided.
Thanks!

I've imported roughly 400 user accounts all 65k play accounts from that world into this schema

The user accounts in the original files are in folders 00 to 99

After importing, you can log in using accounts [1-4]XX where XX is the folder number of the player and 1-4 is the group of users

EG, usernames like 234 or 342 would be group 3 of users from 34 or group 3 of users from folder 42, etc

Here's also an excel sheet of all the users, level and vocation incase you want to find any log into a specific user.
Untitled.png

Attachments

• realots-schema-inc-players.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 279 · VirusTotal
  • players.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 182 · VirusTotal
I've imported roughly 400 user accounts all 65k play accounts from that world into this schema

The user accounts in the original files are in folders 00 to 99

After importing, you can log in using accounts [1-4]XX where XX is the folder number of the player and 1-4 is the group of users

EG, usernames like 234 or 342 would be group 3 of users from 34 or group 3 of users from folder 42, etc

Here's also an excel sheet of all the users, level and vocation incase you want to find any log into a specific user.
View attachment 61418
Great work!
thank you

Great tutorial!

I've managed to get everything working in order to play it entirely by myself. However, my character "stutters" while walking. Am I doing something wrong? I thought the offline experience would be pretty smooth in my laptop, but it isn't. Thank you all.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
12,0 GB
GeForce GTX 765M

Great tutorial!

I've managed to get everything working in order to play it entirely by myself. However, my character "stutters" while walking. Am I doing something wrong? I thought the offline experience would be pretty smooth in my laptop, but it isn't. Thank you all.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
12,0 GB
GeForce
what are the specs of the virtual machine? (I would have it running with 2 cores + 4gb ram)

Last edited:
what are the specs of the virtual machine?
Currently:
Base Memory: 8192 MB
Processors: 4
Acceleration: VT-x / AMD-V, Nested Paging, PAE/NX, KVM Paravirtualization

I've tried to run the server with more and also less base memory, but the problem seems to persist. Thank you for replying!

Currently:
Base Memory: 8192 MB
Processors: 4
Acceleration: VT-x / AMD-V, Nested Paging, PAE/NX, KVM Paravirtualization

I've tried to run the server with more and also less base memory, but the problem seems to persist. Thank you for replying!
2 processors and 4gb ram is enough for offline/lan gaming experience.

2 processors and 4gb ram is enough for offline/lan gaming experience.
Thank you. I just set it as you recommended, but I still face the same problem. Could it be anything related to the network settings? I'm using the virtual machine in bridged adapter. Also, since I'm no expert, should I have left the ip as 127.0.0.1 instead of my virtual machine's IPV4?

Thank you. I just set it as you recommended, but I still face the same problem. Could it be anything related to the network settings? I'm using the virtual machine in bridged adapter. Also, since I'm no expert, should I have left the ip as 127.0.0.1 instead of my virtual machine's IPV4?
From your description of the issue I think you are dealing with a hardware performance issue, maybe your virtual machine is draining all your vram and that is causing the lag on your client, your network settings are correct, the IP adress of your VM is the one to be used.
try changing the video settings of your VM and also on your tibia client.

From your description of the issue I think you are dealing with a hardware performance issue, maybe your virtual machine is draining all your vram and that is causing the lag on your client, your network settings are correct, the IP adress of your VM is the one to be used.
try changing the video settings of your VM and also on your tibia client.
I fiddled a little bit with the display settings. Turning the hardware acceleration on and off seems to be irrelevant here. I lowered the video memory from 128 to 64. My FPS is constant and limited to 60. I can send a video to demonstrate, but it's pretty much my character often being teleported to his current sqm while trying to move to another. Also, when I click on the minimap, the character doesn't walk smoothly; he stops every couple of seconds.

I fiddled a little bit with the display settings. Turning the hardware acceleration on and off seems to be irrelevant here. I lowered the video memory from 128 to 64. My FPS is constant and limited to 60. I can send a video to demonstrate, but it's pretty much my character often being teleported to his current sqm while trying to move to another. Also, when I click on the minimap, the character doesn't walk smoothly; he stops every couple of seconds.
thats odd, usually that kind of issue is related to network but since you are running it on a local machine you shouldn't experience network lag.

thats odd, usually that kind of issue is related to network but since you are running it on a local machine you shouldn't experience network lag.
The problem apparently was solved by switching the network adapter. I switched mine to PCnet-PCI II and now the connection between host and guest is much better. Thank you for helping so promptly.

The problem apparently was solved by switching the network adapter. I switched mine to PCnet-PCI II and now the connection between host and guest is much better. Thank you for helping so promptly.
Glad to hear you were able to solve your problem.
cheers

somebody has this opened to the public? for feel the behavior and few changes as warlock / hunter attack and so on?

Back