• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] How to access the hosting computer without GUI!

Mokerhamer

Retired Global Mod
Senator
Reaction score
Hello,

Since i think GUI is not able to do things on the hosting computer, that Remote Desktop can do!

-You dont have to install anything!
-You can access the hosting computer from where you are even from your mobile! (only the latest ones)
-You can access more things like c:,d:, deled/update software change firewall everything!

How does Remote Desktop work? It's an simple Windows software that is basic installed on your win98,2000,xp,vits and more i gues.

Lets get started!
-This is the first thing u need to do and it's easy some people arleady have it and some other dont, When u start your computer somtimes u need to type an password to get in right? i want all the people who dont have an password to access the computer to set one. Start>configscreen>users and set an password! it's pure for securety if you dont set an password oyu cant use it!

====================Start of Remote Desktop===================
To use Remote Desktop

With Remote Desktop, you can connect to your work computer from home and access all of your programs, files, and network resources as though you were actually sitting in front of your computer at work.

You need three things to create a remote location:

1.Microsoft Windows XP Professional must be installed on the computer containing the files and programs that you want to access from a remote computer. The computer must also be part of a corporate network in which Remote Desktop connections are permitted. This computer is known as the host.

2.The remote computer must be running Windows 95 or later. This computer must also have the Remote Desktop Connection client software installed. The remote computer is known as the client.

3.Both computers must be connected to the Internet through a VPN connection.

Note: If you're not connecting to the host computer through a VPN, you'll need to use the actual IP address of the host computer instead of the computer name.

To set up the Remote Desktop, start with the host computer, which in this example is your work computer.

1. Verify that you are signed in as the administrator.

2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.

remotedesktop_01.jpg

3. Click System.

remotedesktop_02.jpg

4. Click the Remote tab, select the Allow users to connect remotely to this computer check box, and then click OK.

remotedesktop_03.jpg

Next, make sure you have Windows Firewall set up to allow exceptions.

1. In the Control Panel, click Security Center.

remotedesktop_04.jpg

2. Under Manage security settings for, click Windows Firewall.

remotedesktop_05.jpg

3. Make sure the Don't allow exceptions check box is not selected.

remotedesktop_06.jpg

4. Click the Exceptions tab, and verify that the Remote Desktop check box is selected.

remotedesktop_07.jpg

5. Click OK, and then close the Windows Security Center window.
Your host computer is now set up to allow remote access.

You will need the name of the host computer.

6. In Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Computer Name tab.

remotedesktop_08.jpg

7.Write down the full computer name, and then click OK.

8.Close Control Panel.

9.Leave this computer running, locked, and connected to the corporate network with Internet access.

Connect your remote computer to the host computer

To connect your home computer, which is the client (or remote) computer to your work (or host) computer, follow these steps:

1.On your home computer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Accessories.

2.In the Accessories menu, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.

3.In the Computer box, type the computer name of your host computer, which you wrote down earlier.

You can use the ip to!

remotedesktop_09.jpg

4.Click Connect.

5.When the Log On to Windows dialog box appears, type your user name, password, and domain (if required), and then click OK.

remotedesktop_10.jpg

The Remote Desktop window opens, and you see the desktop settings, files, and programs that are on your host computer, which in this example is your work computer. Your host computer remains locked, and nobody can access it without a password. In addition, no one will be able to see the work you are doing remotely.

To end your Remote Desktop session:

1.Click Start, and then click Log Off at the bottom of the Start menu.

2.When prompted, click Log Off.

remotedesktop_11.jpg

==============================End========================

Do not forget to open port 3389 in your router!

REP ++++++++

Thank you man. Im sure more people will find this very very usefull.

REP ++++++++

Thank you man. Im sure more people will find this very very usefull.

i just wanted to put this under the attention, but i hope the dont mind it i copyd it from an site

It is too well explained to be your English, but it is usefull. Thanks again for posting.

Omg Jester i tought u would know that i can have an high quallity of english, but simply i'm to lazy :p

++ bugger me :p my nokia controls my ots rofl :p

:p well before i posted it here i ofcourse tested it but how could i access my ot without windows on it?:eek: well i found a site where i could conect to

VPN????, how to acces via ip?, because this work on lan, but when i try with computers of my office i can not conect, help! =(

Wow this is one big tutorial for one simple thing.
You can do this in 3 steps.
1) Rightclick on My Computer
2) Click on Properties
3) Enable the RDP inside the Remote sheet.

By the way, you don't need a VPN connection for this. You can do this fine over the Internet from anywhere.

you dont need to download anything just follow my tut

yes yes, the only thing that i can not understang is how to acces to other pcs that is not on your lan!, pcs far from you, i can acces to my lan pcs but to acces to the others?

yes yes, the only thing that i can not understang is how to acces to other pcs that is not on your lan!, pcs far from you, i can acces to my lan pcs but to acces to the others?

i know what u mean.

Example if i want to access your computer i need your i.p.

but if I want to conect to my lan computer (in an other room) i need to use an differend ip i think it's named dynamic ip but i'm not sure

altought, i think u can access an lan using computer through computername but i havend tested yet

An alternative version of remotecontroling your computer is using RealVNC. This is a similar software which gets 5 out of 5 from me.

Rabbe~

this is not controlling a computer without gui... gui = graphical user interface and you control the computers gui remotely...

nogui(gui == booo) controlz (not really :[, just a normal day xd):
tottlypwnage.PNG

Aww I want xmonad in windows =((((

Back