• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UK] Neverending Fight [Zombies Aliens Mutants] Ots in the future [Custom client exp]

sestorme

Reaction score
Neverending Fight: First and probably the only server in the future!

Custom skills and experience rate. All monsters on our server are custom, however, weakest enemy provides 30 experience points. It's based on 8.54 but we recommend to read everything here.
NEF is an outstanding server based in post nuclear world where most animals never managed to survive very high radiation levels, those that managed to survive either mutated or multiplied to enormous numbers and become very agressive.

First trailer promo video with story background:

Nef Promo Movie - YouTube

Nef promo movie #2 - YouTube

WEBSITE = http://neverending-fight-ots.letnet.pl/

Nef basic info:
  • 65MB map;
  • Global QUests;
  • Real capacity system(kilograms);
  • No magic;
  • Sprint system;
  • Modern currency (dollars);
  • Fast selling;
  • Autostacking;
  • Useful commands;
  • Well developed team-based playing;
  • Starting statistics [150hp/0mana; +2hp, 1mana, 1kg/level]
  • More than 70 real and completely futuristic weapons;
  • Loads of tasks and quests, not only one click chests
  • Mercenary system;
  • Epic manufacturing ability;
  • Gloves instead of rings;
  • Real posion and bleed system;
  • 7 free promotions;
  • No premiums or VIPS, 100% free;

All monsters are custom?

Yes, absolutely everything you will fight on this server is custom. We have many things unavailable anywhere else, like Aliens, Predators or Arachnid Bugs from Starship Troopers, unfortunately you will not fight these creatures any time soon, they only spawn in a late game.

65MB Map? Are you serious?

Yes, we have been working on this game for over three years, and map itself become that big. At some point 65MB map is not so bit, there are lots of bigger ones out there. However, we are still encountering some silly terrain bugs and unifinished parts which we stroger to get rid of. There is no "Rookgaard" or anything alike. You simply start as a survivor and fight post nuclear muties in order to become stronger and stronger.

Are there any special locations? How many towns? Are they far from each other?

There's plenty of special and/or hidden locations. Most of them are directly associated with certain quests or even global quests. There are 5 towns, however, only in three we come across human beings. In this server everyone has a chance to visit planet of Predators and Aliens. Towns are very, very far from each other as we tried to make distances nearly as real as it's possible.

What are Global Quests?

These are very hard quests that change in-game world forever. They can be completed only once. They generally require really good and strong team if killing enemies is associated. Not all global quests are about killing though. Some of them just require gathering various resources to help towns to expand. Reward is usually Honor.

How do I know something is a global quest?

Those always require lots of playing which simply impossible to be completed by a single person, prizes for such risk and effort are always very high. Global quests are often called global so you know what you are dealing with.

What is this real capacity system?

We got rid of this old and used o.z. cap system. We started using kilograms and we converted all items that are likely to be used into our capacity system to make it realistic.

There is no magic at all?

Yes, there is absoltuely no spells, however, our "sprint" could be considered a spell. It drains 1 mana for each second sprint is activated with a maximum length of 100 seconds or until we run out of mana. As with healing you must cope with your own natural regeneration which can be boosted using certain items like necklaces, modules(late game) and other types of food.

What is this modern currency? Are those predators and aliens using money?

We simply got rid of gold and replaced it with dollars. Those of course cannot be changed into higher/lower quantity by using it. Of course aliens and predators operate their own currency, so our humanish wealth will be useless as soon as we leave planet earth. We can always come back for shopping, home sweet home of course.

What is this Fast selling?
Most NPCs that buy loot have a stone altar right next to them. Whatever they buy can be simply dropped onto stone altar to automatically sell it. It's way faster than Trade window, not even mentioning old writting system.

scaled.php

You implemented autostacking?

Yes and no. Certain stuff is autostacking, when you skin dead enemy, it's loot will automatically stack, but when you sell something your cash won't stack automatically, someone must put it right in your pocket right?

What are these useful commands?

We implemented (for now) two new commands;
/reloadactivate which once turned on warns us when we run out of ammo in our ammo slot, and;
/pvpactivate which disables our ability to attack other players even if they are marked. It is meant to disallow party members to attack, and even possibly kill other party members by mistake on battle window. Note that you are still attackable yourself.

Why do you think your team-based playing system is better than anywhere else?

On our server creatures do not shoot, they are very mostly melee attackers, so playing in team with shared experience, luring creatures for each other is a great idea. Creeps are generally strong and can kill us quite quick. One player luring monsters and running letting other party members to slaughter enemies is a good idea. Most monsters' target swap rate is 20% each 7 seconds. That is the highest chance, some monsters have it lot lower.

Is your server PvP?

Yes, we run at standard pvp system with skulls starting at 10 level. What must be noted, you never lose any other part of equipment different to container, unless you are red skulled.

Those statistics are quite low, shouldn't we become lot stronger?

Imagine yourself starting as a very weak villager. Beginning of the game is quite hard, sometimes boring, but as soon as you reach decent enough level to keep on sprinting it becomes really fast and dynamic. Further monsters spawn in a massive numbers and experience gain rate is enormous, seeing people with levels around 150 will be absolutely nothing rare after a while. During closed beta tests we managed to reach 60 levels in just about 10 days. However, it is also important that we are aware how strong certain monsters are and we knew where to go.

Are all these guns different from each other and how soon I can get a gun?

Yes, all those guns are different, either their hit rate, damage, range or attack speed. Most of them can be also customized with scopes, lasers and barrel upgrades, which basicly increases the number to over 200! There are heavy weapons like Rocket Launchers, Plasma Rifles, Machine Guns, Laser Rifles or Flamethrowers. However, they are not early ones and are horribly hard to acquire. In early game you might struggle to get your first handgun, stronger guns and rifles take time to be found, I don't want to spoil. Early handguns are quite strong, especially those most expensive ones.

How many tasks and quests are in your server?

There's about 4-5 tasks in each town and about 100 quests in total. Usual prize for tasks is experience and money, however, money is sometimes replaced with other valuable stuff, like a gun or a better knife. During tasks by killing enemies we acquire Honor which in late game is quite important as certain NPCs will not bother with us if our Honor level is too low. There are many types of quests, involving repairing certain stuff crucial for survival of human kind, there are bridges to be repaired which often shorten travelling distance a lot, but we do not count those as quests. Not many quests are simply using the chests, some of them however, yes. Tasks are very easily to start:

scaled.php

What is that Honor?

What are mercenaries?

Units you can hire to help you in cobmat, they are also not early available, but as soon as they are hired they are very useful. They do walk up and downstrairs, they will also be supplied when you login again.

What is manufacturing ability?

It's one of our custom abilities. We got rid of Fist/Axe/Sword/Club fighting, there is also no shielding and magic level. We replaced Distance fighting with Shooting (x1.5) which is pretty much the same thing and Fist fighting has been replaced with Unarmed. We provide Knifing instead of Sword which is not only responsible for using white class weapons in combat, but also for knifing dead enemies in order to obtain materials and food. There's mining as an ability to gather resources using mining pick and woodcutting for cutting trees down. Certain trees provide some more stuff than just wood. Manufacturing is ability for making a variety of stuff, starting from cooking, sawing wood and making own ammunition. Magic level has been replaced with Honor which is slowly granted for completing quests and is required to complete other quests where Honor is required. Soul points are replaced with Radiation resistance, when it drops to zero you die. There aren't many locations where you can become radiated, good for you as there is no cure for that and it regenerates very slow.

There are no rings? What are those gloves?

Yes, there are absolutely no rings in game. We permanently replaced them with gloves. Those remain as a part of our equipment providing certain bonuses, just like the rest of armor. Most of our equipment is not straight acquirable, it must be made, if you are unable to make yourself then loads of npcs will be able to make certain armory for you if they are provided with everything they need to make it.

What is real poison? What is bleed?

We reworked system of poison. It's not starting super strong straight away, it slowly grows stronger and weakens once it reached the main point. Poison on this server is really deadly, strongest creatures' poison is likely to reach even 500 damage! Bleed is not much weaker, in difference, it starts strong straight away, however, basic bleed in early game is not very strong. There is a way to protect yourself from both bleed and poison using either antidote or first aid set. You can make your own antidotes whenever you hunt. Whatever poisons can also serve as a source of antidote. First aid kits cannot be made, they must be purchased from medics.

7 promotions?

Yes, we have 7 free promotions ready for everyone, but make note, you can't get them all from one npc. Those providing promotions are spread around the world. Promotion provides higher regeneration rate, skill rate, also more mana, hitpoints and capacity per level.

Your server is absolutely free?

For now it is, but we might consider to implement micropayment for an access to predator and alien planet in the future, we definitely will never implement anything giving paying players any in-game adventages. You don't need to worry, as reaching other planets will not happen any time soon.

Here's a little bit more info about skills:

Unarmed;
Is simply responsible for your ability to fight with fists.

Manufacturing;
Is responsible for various production tasks, starting from making barricades, repairing bridges and arms production ending. The higher it's value the higher chance of making few things at once. You can manufacture various stuff, starting from arms like grenades, ammunition, barricades, bridges and boats. Different stuff will require different equipment, for instance to make own ammunition you will need a steel piece, sulphur powder, potassium nitrate, charcoal powder (all powders are obtainable by smashing blocks of this material with hammer), pliers and at least 1 item of a type you want to make. In case of ammo you will always lose steel piece, but the higher your manufacturing level is the higher chance of not losing your powders. Early game ammunition is decently cheap, but late game ammo might be quite expensive so it's vital to train your manufacturing skill early.

Woodcutting;
Is responsible for general woodcutting and woodworks like making the torch or wooden boards. To make a torch simply use the axe on the wooden log you acquire from chopped down tree.

Knifing;
Is responsible for general use of a knife in combat and also for your ability to skin dead enemies, the higher your skill is the higher chance of obtaining more important materials. Skinning process is simple, as soon as you have killed an enemy, use your knife on it's dead body. Certain enemies in late game will require better knives, but will also provide higher chance.

78040063.jpg

Shooting;
Is responsible for your ability to use any firearms available on the server, starting from handguns, sub-machine guns, rifles, machine guns, heavy weapons and energetic blasters. Guns straight from the shop are extremely expensive, you must really look after your gun. Most are available from tasks and quests. Many guns in late game will be acquirable only once, so be careful.

Mining;
Is responsible for your ability to mine resources, there is 13 minable resources all around the map, be keen to try your mining pick from Walter's store on anything you believe could be minable.

Cooking;
Is responsible for your cooking ability. Simply use fire on your meat to cook it. You gain experience during the process, and the higher your cooking skill is the more meat you can cook at a time. Cooking itself is quite an important process since eating raw food can cause you to vomit and lose all food you ate so far.

21322970.png

Honor;
Honor is occasionally gained during completing tasks and global quests. Can be required to start other tasks and allow yourself to gather other equipment from NPCs that will require you to have certain honor level.

Rads;
Rads is a radiation resistance. As soon as you start exploring areas damaged by nuclear bombs or radioactive waste you're likely to see this figure to drop. As soon as Rads value reaches 0 you die. This value is recovering very slow. There are certain items that can boost your strength to lose less resistance.

You have custom client, where do I download it?

Here:
Zippyshare.com - Nef client 1.5.rar
On request I might reupload it anywhere anyone desires.

Do you have any website?

We certainly do, http://neverending-fight-ots.letnet.pl/

Neverending Fight

How do I make an account then?

1/1.

Good luck - you will need it.
And have fun which you should have!

/Nef team.​

Last edited:
I love the server, more players would be nice!!! But i know there is nothing you can do about it, in the beginning the server is confusing so an ingame guide would be excellent, perhaps tell them to do the arctic fox task, tell them where they are, and teach them how to loot. This server is most certainly different than any other and i would recommend this 100%

I love the server, more players would be nice!!! But i know there is nothing you can do about it, in the beginning the server is confusing so an ingame guide would be excellent, perhaps tell them to do the arctic fox task, tell them where they are, and teach them how to loot. This server is most certainly different than any other and i would recommend this 100%

It's all actually well explained overhere, in this thread :/

Is dermont bugged or something i can't find him?
Also that tutorial that's been implemented, the chicken part needs fixed, it tells you how to loot but not how to get him to continue by saying 'Chicken Feather'

Last edited:
We just implemented a very short in-game tutorial for new players to catch the very basics of the game.

Very true, but realistically, what do 70% of people do? glance the over the thread, find login info, and try it out. That first 20 minuts in-game is what they base their opinion on if the server is good or not.

I played this server for a while, its quite fun and a bit of a challange, kind of like the first few years of rl tibia.

Is dermont bugged or something i can't find him?
Also that tutorial that's been implemented, the chicken part needs fixed, it tells you how to loot but not how to get him to continue by saying 'Chicken Feather'

Dermot is very far to the east in the town. And chicken feather works, just has to be said without capitals as feather itself gives you a hint.

Dermot is very far to the east in the town. And chicken feather works, just has to be said without capitals as feather itself gives you a hint.

That's not what at said at all, i know it works, but the NPC doesn't say it, i was standing there for 2 minutes trying to figure out wtf i had to say to this NPC to make him continue, i also recommend a skip option, people hate tutorials.

Problem is, that majority of new players have no idea how to skin enemies and how tasks work. Also, no item describes itself what's it for, people must get an idea that they must ask for certain stuff to be given an answer. Anyway, I just added a possibility to skip it.

Last edited:
Problem is, that majority of new players have no idea how to skin enemies and how tasks work. Also, no item describes itself what's it for, people must get an idea that they must ask for certain stuff to be given an answer. Anyway, I just added a possibility to skip it.

It's mainly for those that can't speak English, they see a tutorial and may just leave because they don't understand half of what is put there. People like these may still if they learn to play on there own, plus some people just have an affinity for learning shit, it says on the dagger "Use this to skin" or w/e, this is how i learn't i was killing chickens and skinning before i even started the tutorial, because i was like wtf? ooo that's cool.