• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ultimate Tutorial by S.Shadowsong

nice tutorial thank you :D

i just tried my first sprite
Crystal Wood Bow
1OqMrTELrB.gif

Crystal Blue Sword
VmtbOCO7l.gif

The Pz mark ;x
psxV2g4oqM.png

Lol sorry every , I wrote wednesday for release of second part instead of saturday .. cuz they're both with "S" in my language in calendar -.-
Anyways , 9. april it is! :p

If it would be the 'ultimate' tutorial than would THE FUCKING SPRITE MADE ITSELF, BIIITCH!

Just kiddin and yes i know that it didnt make any sence whatsoever.

Thanks for this tut shadow, gonna gief u a rep+ for it :>

I will add more sources , description and all tomorrow , for now there's only one link .. But I'm not in good state of sanity atm XD talk to you soon guys :D

All in all I'd like to congratulate you for making something like this in Otland. But quite a poor sprite you made there, there are a lot of issues like pillowshading, highlighting, don't use black pixels in mostly pick-able items. And about the light source, its only tibian as you've said. And you are right stating that to others, because if they are about to add their own sprites to their servers these sprites won't fit unless the light will blend from northwest. Just this whole stuff is called pixel art, which doesn't require such a crap. :D
Here is a small example of pillowshading. Its basically when you use too many glowing colors and forget about the contrast. ;)
Don't take it offensive, just fulfilling some stuff. :D

Else, that you are trying to help, its very good very good

Attachments

• pillowshade.png
    pillowshade.png
    214 bytes · Views: 160 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Ah crap , can't see the attachment, too small. xD
Well , the tutorial is not over yet , that means I'll still work on that sprite , and I noticed few mistakes that I'm planning to fix and explain in next parts. :p

Thanks.

Back