• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UnitedStates][Custom] Terra Silenti

after beta on release only. unless i get help

- - - Updated - - -

too bad you have such a weak resolve.

im telling u.. this is exactly why players will not play man..... ur just not getting it... its the biggest number 1 reason people are leaving... 1 death while bleeding all items gone.... hell. even bleeding to death and not loosing items will still be a player annoyance.

need to make bless act as an aol or something then let that info inform other players...

- - - Updated - - -

also, Does this server have an anti afk kick time? cause i can never meditate more than llike 20 fuckin minutes.......

Last edited:
the custom client is only the otclient. whats the big deal? im up to level 65~ i dont like somethings about the server but you guys are idiots and are complaining about stupid points.

I'm done with this thread and this non stop daily waste of my mother fuckin time. None of you bugreport anything
I would report the bugs and typos but I don't have the slightest idea of how to do it in-game and there doesn't seem to be a page on the website to do it. Ctrl R brings up the outfit screen. I'm still keeping a list of them in case this changes.

you only bitch and whine about NOTHING YOU ASS TARDS.
Isn't this the point of alpha? To let people say what they think about the server and how it should be improved? If people complain about something it's because they have a problem with it and think it should be changed. Like the guy complaining about the red skull.

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.” (Churchill)

Just so you little pussies who play ot's know.... when I played tibia we didnt have shit to keep us safe from the stupid ass shit we did every fuckin time. we actually had to FUCKING THINK ABOUT SHIT AND USE OUR GOD DAMN BRAINS.
I don't see why you keep comparing it to real Tibia and the real world. Nobody cares about that! If we wanted to play something like real Tibia we would just go and play real Tibia. Harsh death penalties are one of the reasons many people play OTs, why would we play an OT (a high rate one at that) to experience the same frustration?

I would report the bugs and typos but I don't have the slightest idea of how to do it in-game and there doesn't seem to be a page on the website to do it. Ctrl R brings up the outfit screen. I'm still keeping a list of them in case this changes.

Isn't this the point of alpha? To let people say what they think about the server and how it should be improved? If people complain about something it's because they have a problem with it and think it should be changed. Like the guy complaining about the red skull.

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.” (Churchill)

I don't see why you keep comparing it to real Tibia and the real world. Nobody cares about that! If we wanted to play something like real Tibia we would just go and play real Tibia. Harsh death penalties are one of the reasons many people play OTs, why would we play an OT (a high rate one at that) to experience the same frustration?

The guy can't report a bug but he can spend hours on this thread to argue in a circle jerk, cool story.

Making it easier because people have not learned how to play in it is not a valid option, it is already too easy. some players walk through it with great ease, others just go omfg I cant read or do anything so ill just complain.

If I start you with everything at max lvl and nothing to do, then there will be nothing to do. There must be some struggle, and just because I am a private developer does not mean you can bully good systems around and I will allow it. You want to make suggestions that negate the game.

I would find it hard to believe if you could name a single MMORPG that was in every way enjoyable and every system was just perfectly amazing and exactly what the players wanted, if you liked all of it, I promise others did not.

How many servers have you made? Do you know I have been doing this for years and have argued systems with thousands of people? I have designed a few as in more than two, pretty solid well known servers.

You may think I have been a jerk on here, and ill admit, tonight after working for 24 hours on things, writing about 30 pages of document and watching about 8 hours of geopolitics... Yeah I am in a bad mood to have people coming at me like that.

I have been doing this for a very very long time, granted my way is not even close to the right way, but I do make some pretty fun servers and understand what is said, I do not just change fundamentals like vocations for no reason.

I have ran servers with over 100 vocs, servers with around 10, servers with the standards, and servers with 1 vocation. I have simulated the testbed of 1 vocation and found it to be the best for many reasons.

The bottom line of why I rage is I do not have the time to argue with someone expecting me to break my game who has less experience than I do in doing this. Plain and simply put, I know how to do this a lot better, and you are always welcome to make a server and show me how it is done.

The goal is not to be a jerk, but honestly the wasted time is just too much, let me do my thing and in the end we will see whats right and whats wrong. I was asking for bug testers for alpha, not game designers telling me my systems were all wrong and to change them.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and to this....

How do you speak for the rest of the world? I have a domain set up and to be honest, the OT community is not the only community I hope to attract when the server is done. Maybe I want to make it more logical or realistic, point being it is mine, and you do not speak for the world either.

- - - Updated - - -

the tears just never stop flowing.

@bill
nobody is going to play your stupid ass custom client bullshit, make an 8.6 server and reap the benefits of stupid ass ot players who pour their money into your pocket.

Kids always cry when I make a server :D and 8.6 is for lamers who want to get stuck in a rut.

Last edited:
2)When you gain exp these messages would sound better if they appeared in the reverse order. this is how they currently appear.
3)sometimes you gain a decimal amount of experience point to 29973.333333333 exp. might be good to add a math.ceil or math.floor around that experience gain so it always looks clean.
12:14 Reflecting upon the events that have lead to your great fame, you become wiser, gaining 29505 experience.
12:14 You reflect back upon the battles fought, arguements won and lost, mistakes made, good times and bad times alike.

4)saying !mood you should see a list of all the available moods, saying !mood <moodtype> should set it to that mood. going around in a loop saying !mood is a pain by the time i pick a mood I want to change it to annoyed. It should work the same for !Alignment, !Title as well. My potions with charges works in a similar fashion it would be very easy to change thing script to do that.
Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param)    
--Start configuration --
    local items = 
    {
     ['hp'] = {cost = 45, storage = 49989},
     ['shp'] = {cost = 100, storage = 49988},
     ['ghp'] = {cost = 190, storage = 49987},
     ['uhp'] = {cost = 310, storage = 49986},
     ['mp'] = {cost = 50, storage = 49985},
     ['smp'] = {cost = 80, storage = 49984},
     ['gmp'] = {cost = 120, storage = 49983}, 
     ['gsp'] = {cost = 190, storage = 49982}
    }    
-- End configuration --    

local t = string.explode(param, ",")
    local item = items[t[1]]
    local amount = tonumber(t[2])    

-- Checks if we can buy that itemname --
    if item then
        -- Checks if the player has enough money --
        if doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, item.cost*amount) == LUA_NO_ERROR then
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, 'You have bought '..amount..' '..t[1]..' charges for '..(item.cost*amount)..' golden pieces.')
            setPlayerStorageValue(cid, item.storage, getPlayerStorageValue(cid, item.storage)+amount)
        else
            doPlayerSendCancel(cid, 'You dont have enough money to buy that many charges.')
            doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition (cid), CONST_ME_POFF)    
        end
    else            
        -- Sends the player a message wich includes items he can buy --
        text = "Charges you can buy:\n"
        -- Getting the all itemnames and prics --
        for item1 in pairs (items) do    
            -- Sends a message with each itemname and price --
            text = text .. "\n" .. item1
        end
        text = text .. "\n\nexample: type '!charges gmp,100' to buy 100 great mana potion charges"
        doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, text)
    end
    return true
end

5)When you use a reward chest and dont have enough cap you get the message "you found a reward" It would be nice it said you dont have enough cap. If you have enough cap it says the same thing and you get the reward.

6)It would be great if tiered items also showed what grade they belong too. I know you can tell by required level if an item is in a higher or level but seeing the grade would be helpful. I thought of the following 2 formats. personally i like the first one better.
12:36 You see a G4-t18 fur club (Atk:150 +60).
It can only be wielded properly by players of level 50 or higher.
It weighs 25.00 oz.
[Attack: +40%]
Position: [X: 1504] [Y: 1160] [Z: 7].

12:36 You see a t18 fur club (Atk:150 +60).
It is a grade 4 item.
It weighs 25.00 oz.

7) the t for tiered items would look better capitalized
12:36 You see a T18 fur club (Atk:150 +60).
It is a grade 4 item.
It weighs 25.00 oz.

Last edited:
1)any chance you can kill me or move my pos to the temple? Im stuck on an island with 2 chickens because I didnt bring my shovel and there is no way to kill myself. my character name is The Unit.

2)When you gain exp these messages would sound better if they appeared in the reverse order. this is how they currently appear.
3)sometimes you gain a half of an experience point to 1409.5exp. might be good to add a math.ceil or math.floor around that experience gain so it always looks clean.

4)saying !mood you should see a list of all the available moods, saying !mood <moodtype> should set it to that mood. going around in a loop saying !mood is a pain. It should work the same for !Alignment, !Title as well. My potions with charges works in a similar fashion it would be very easy to change thing script to do that.
Code:
--Start configuration --
    local items = 
    {
    }    
-- End configuration --    

local item = items[t[1]]

if item then
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, 'You have bought '..amount..' '..t[1]..' charges for '..(item.cost*amount)..' golden pieces.')
            setPlayerStorageValue(cid, item.storage, getPlayerStorageValue(cid, item.storage)+amount)
        else
        end
    else            
        end
        text = text .. "\n\nexample: type '!charges gmp,100' to buy 100 great mana potion charges"
    end
    return true
end

5)When you use a reward chest and dont have enough cap you get the message "you found a reward" It would be nice it said you dont have enough cap. If you have enough cap it says the same thing and you get the reward.

6)It would be great if tiered items also showed what grade they belong too. I know you can tell by required level if an item is in a higher or level but seeing the grade would be helpful. I thought of the following 2 formats. personally i like the first one better.

stay logged in ill come get u

Also u make some good points on how items should be labeled.

thanks for saving me obamanizer. two more 1 i forgot and 1 a bug o.o

1)why cant higher lvls use g1 parchments? I think they should be able to its only 50k exp

2)if you main bp if full of items and you buy something from the shop. you lose your money but dont get any item. It doesnt fall to the ground or go in any other sub bags.

Last edited:
3)sometimes you gain a decimal amount of experience point to 29973.333333333 exp. might be good to add a math.ceil or math.floor around that experience gain so it always looks clean.

4)saying !mood you should see a list of all the available moods, saying !mood <moodtype> should set it to that mood. going around in a loop saying !mood is a pain by the time i pick a mood I want to change it to annoyed. It should work the same for !Alignment, !Title as well. My potions with charges works in a similar fashion it would be very easy to change thing script to do that.
Code:
--Start configuration --
    local items = 
    {
    }    
-- End configuration --    

local item = items[t[1]]

if item then
        else
        end
    else            
        end
    end
    return true
end

A useful play tester! praise the gods! thank you!
busy day today, ill get to this in the future and re read it as well,

But here's the thing. Very few of those things are actually customization. Only the hp and mp are permanent! So you can either choose to play as a meat shield or a mana tank, that's it! And if you agree with % based systems, why do you disagree with using this same system for stat points? Because stat points are permanent? Well, that's the point! Customizing your character in a permanent way!

While I agree with most everything you are saying I completely disagree with this statement. People love customization, people love to be different than one another, however it has been proven time and time again that permanent choices in character development are a bad idea. Just take a look at every modern MMO to date, they all offer respec. Some of them even offer you dual and tripple spec to allow you to switch around. Its just more appealing to the player if they can try out different things to see what they like.

While I agree with most everything you are saying I completely disagree with this statement. People love customization, people love to be different than one another, however it has been proven time and time again that permanent choices in character development are a bad idea. Just take a look at every modern MMO to date, they all offer respec. Some of them even offer you dual and tripple spec to allow you to switch around. Its just more appealing to the player if they can try out different things to see what they like.
Yes, you're right, I forgot to include the "(or semi permanent)" in that statement. Thank you. By semi permanent, of course, I mean respecs.

Yes, you're right, I forgot to include the "(or semi permanent)" in that statement. Thank you. By semi permanent, of course, I mean respecs.

Blah guys, screw all that. FREEDOM KIDS FREEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 vocation.

- - - Updated - - -

!points are a joke. just an add over the needed, in fact you don't need them in any way shape or form. I will just rename them to bonus points. they are not som serious system that if you dont use correctly you wont be able to make it! they are just there for fluff, and they are not to be game making or breaking at all.

I applaud you for the great work you've made creating the server (the combat system is exceptionally good and fun) but I just can't stress enough that removing almost all possible customization from the game is a terrible idea...

Blah guys, screw all that. FREEDOM KIDS FREEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 vocation.

- - - Updated - - -

!points are a joke. just an add over the needed, in fact you don't need them in any way shape or form. I will just rename them to bonus points. they are not som serious system that if you dont use correctly you wont be able to make it! they are just there for fluff, and they are not to be game making or breaking at all.

i vote 5 points per level!

you get a ton of points anyway. if the server has a "cap" of 50k say the average player level will be 20k youll be able to increase skills a total of 400 times. There is no problem with the point system the weapons and socks will prlly matter more then the skills. A player can still customize a skill with 400 points to 1 vocation if they want too. like an assassin mentioned earlier. spend all your points to distance and train with that elf when your off. you might have a tough life with low hp unless you buy it but youll be a PK machine.

that cap of 50k.. is... just..... HAH..... HAAHAHAHHAA..... 50k in 27,000 years.....
has a few months to go before i think u can legit get 1000 on anything other than thornbacks or orcs....

you get a ton of points anyway. if the server has a "cap" of 50k say the average player level will be 20k youll be able to increase skills a total of 400 times. There is no problem with the point system the weapons and socks will prlly matter more then the skills. A player can still customize a skill with 400 points to 1 vocation if they want too. like an assassin mentioned earlier. spend all your points to distance and train with that elf when your off. you might have a tough life with low hp unless you buy it but youll be a PK machine.
That is, until you die and you lose them...
this is my biggest problem with this point system right now: if you die, it all goes to hell. It's going to be even more frustrating than dying in real Tibia. Which is the reasoning behind my %damage instead of +skill suggestion.

that cap of 50k.. is... just..... HAH..... HAAHAHAHHAA..... 50k in 27,000 years.....
has a few months to go before i think u can legit get 1000 on anything other than thornbacks or orcs....
There is a random information message that says "the server can handle level 100,000+ but we would like the soft cap to be around 50K". So I guess it's hard at the start but then it's much easier to level.

if u have 400 skills from bonus points.. when u die u should only loose like 2 skills at most not all 400...

Back