• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unix Sprite Corner

LIKE?

• Godlike

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Unreal

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Hard

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Medium

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Easy

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
buddy... the whole point of PIXEL art is that u work with every PIXEL

Just my words, just my words...

Edit:

Example exposition <3
mjvb6a.png

Maby that's how it would look like when cipsoft were hippies on acid or sth?
If they all were flipped on the vertical axis they wouldnt look so bad.

@up This sprites are removed and no used anywhere. I made new sprites for that.
@etc.number x up Perspective is good for this walls, if you made 60* or 55* will be OK, but all of these walls must be standing of all-in one like this:
345.png
ee.png
f.png
ff.png
ffg.png

@Limos, it's big difference, but I know, walls should be some smaller. In one floor buildings couldn't be different, but in map editor it is bad image :( . I must found some ready walls and go to work. I add some new correct walls today.
Like this:
55.png66.png78 - Copy - Copy.png78 - Copy.png78.png
First picture is only inverted colors, but others is layer used on sprite (texture), but not from gimp base.

Last edited:
Thanks for template. I will project now for other textures some horizontal walls or other styles.

@up I don't use autofill, it's secondary layer of internet google textures. I'll make new walls soon with other and different textures, and one with shading and I see how will be better.

a good idea is to watch some tutorials. Start to sprite again on paint. Because there you can't cheat :p, sprites should be made pixel by pixel.

I don't want cheat. I wanna learn something about spriting, but this is too easy. I will make soon a separate topic, but now it's very possible, I learn in this topic "how to". Thanks for all comments.

u do understand u know nothing about spriting ? ur using the wrong perspective and using textures from the internet...

@up I know, but I want to learn if I can. Now I haven't talent, but I would like know something more about spriting, and I want practise. I am searching now for tutorials about spriting, If I read good tutorial I could make something other, than only walls within textures from internet. Cipsoft doesn't make all textures too. But If I want I can practise and learn more.

the thing is the only way to learn is to practice, and you cant practice with textures.. make items, eviroment is much harder

Ok, thanks for all advices. I'm gonna make items, like: armors, equipment, axes, etc. But If I will have any problems with spriting, please @all write me on this subject, what I'm doing bad, where I repeat my spriting orders.

dude, if you keep using textures from google just pasting them on the top of your sprites you are never going to learn how to make them, try first making some easy texture

Back