• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Upcomming Full Rl 8.0 from Scratch [By Printer]

I don't like real map so I would say no! You have amazing skills and the potential to create something awesome (if you don't abadon your projects every week and start a new one:D)
I would love to see a much more customzied server rather than a real map. :)
True, i'm a guy who change his mind alot and want to challenge my skills :) But i'm really positiv to open this, since i putted alot of work into this server.
when is the next test server?
I need to recap, what i've done and what i got left :)
mostly programmers don't know how to map, so a RL map always will be a nice option to make a rpg. Ofc, i guess he will add some custom systems and quests to make it funnier :v
I'm open for suggestions, for custom stuff :)

Holy shit @Printer , I thought this got bumped from someone else saying something but I just seen your post asking if it should come back! Hell yeah it should! Your servers were always great and professional. I enjoy your servers alot :)

Holy shit @Printer , I thought this got bumped from someone else saying something but I just seen your post asking if it should come back! Hell yeah it should! Your servers were always great and professional. I enjoy your servers alot :)
Cheers mate, this keeps me motivated.

Well i'm big fan of performance, thats why i made the server from scratch and also have wrote down everything. So i can keep track :)

Cheers mate, this keeps me motivated.

Well i'm big fan of performance, thats why i made the server from scratch and also have wrote down everything. So i can keep track :)

Yeah, I've pmed you a few times about help with certain servers, then I seen your sig says not to hahaha! But me and my brother used to play like, the last 3~ versions of your RL maps. Anyway, @offtopic you got any knowledge as to why this isnt working? https://otland.net/threads/bug-enchanting.231935/#post-2235469

exp share like lastest versions would be good.
btw, which distro are you using? OTX?

Last edited:
It takes me 5 seconds to open an 80mb with almost 30k creatures, with my shitty computer.
ppca7H_L.png

Ram usage:
SZiQfT-nq.png

Wow how much time did it take for you to convert TFS 1.1 to work with 8.00?

Couple days, but the bugs did not end there. Still finding some issues in the engine. So, i would not recommend to downgrade tfs 1.x. Since it involves alot of work.

Just keep doing what you like and try finish something you already started, i think you can do it if you want.

how much time left for public test server?
Do you have a Trello board?
How many events will you add it?

Just keep doing what you like and try finish something you already started, i think you can do it if you want.
Will do :p
how much time left for public test server?
Do you have a Trello board?
How many events will you add it?
1. I'm thinking next week.
2. No
3. What do you mean, events :p?

events for fun, like ctf, lms, etc.
Oh, i may make those events under the test server.

Question to you all, should i create task system? Also i would like you make a list of task and reward.
E.x
Monster - Level - Kill - Reward
Code:
Rotworms - 10 - 20 - 500 exp

I always love task systems implemented into any type of OT, I say go for it.
You should make it that you just get the total exp for all monsters killed for task.

yes, Task system always will be good, i have 2 suggestions
1. It would be nice if the player could select the difficulty, I.E. Rotworms Task (Easy 30, Medium 70, Hard 150, Very Hard 300)
Player: hi
Npc: ...
Player: tasks
Npc: tasks availables for your level (X, Y, Z)
Player: X
Npc: select a difficulty
Player:medium
Npc: Do you really want to start X medium task?
Player: yes
Npc: Ok, you will have to kill 150 X. Good luck!

2. The player could make some mixes and create his/her own tasks selecting the monsters of tasks already killed (max 3 maybe) . I.E. i already done all tasks of rotworms and dragons so i can make my own task selecting Rotworm and Dragon on tasklist
Player: hi
Npc: ...
Player: create task
Npc:You already done the following tasks (Rotworms, Dragons, Cyclops, Giant Spiders), you can select max 3 monsters separated by commas.
Player: Rotworm, Dragon, Cyclops
Npc:Select Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard)
Player: hard
Npc: Do you really want to start your custom hard task?
Player: yes
Npc:Ok, you have to kill 66 Dragons, 123 cyclops, 250 rotworms, good luck!

Back