• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Updating from TFS 2.3 to 3.4 Database Issue

MG Zeke

Reaction score
At the moment I am trying to update from TFS 2.3 to TFS 3.4 and am stuck at the last part of the transition, The database.

I have already added all of my custom things to the new 3.4 server and just have the accounts, players, houses and other database items to transfer over. I have tried using some of the phpmyadmin features to copy the database over to the new one but it always throws errors because there are new attributes in the new data base that the old one does not have.

Does anyone know of a quick way to transfer everything from a 2.3 database to a 3.4? I would not like to have to make all of my players start fresh like I have had to in the past.

Rep if you can give me a quick and easy solution!

Thanks in advance.
-Zeke

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if you run 0.3.4 TFS it'll create the new tables and edit the old ones as needed.

WARNING: I have tried updating from 0.2 to 0.3 before, it is DIFFICULT! Make backups of your servers or you may regret it.
(You will probably receive tons of console errors at first. But it is possible, I believe!)

Red

So basically you are saying that instead of creating a new database for 3.4, Just use the existing one and it should auto update without it going crazy and deleting things.. Make sense I guess. I shall try it.. And see what happens!

Ill let you know!

Yeah, it just failed horribly! Kept saying it was updating something to version 2 and went into an infinite loop. Any other ideas?

i changed from 8.40 to 8.42 so i had to delete whole Database then create new one so i think you have to do the same...

Back