• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[US] [7.4] Nostalther - A Real, Retro Experience | GLOBAL + CUSTOM

Server Website/AAC
https://www.nostalther.com
Server Address
nostalther.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
altitems.gif
That is pretty cool!

I might return after my holidays

I like your approach to sea serpents area. Didn't expect it to look that cool without all that ice around.

I like your approach to sea serpents area. Didn't expect it to look that cool without all that ice around.

I remapped it out a bit to change the floors so they dont blend. Trying to keep it 7.x retro

New custom client with the same changes as the original client, but with the following changes:

• Built in CAM Recorder and Player

• Built in WASD Walking Keys

• Displays Ping, FPS and EXP/h

• Various other minor client adjustments*

From server save today, one of the Official Nostalther clients will be required to connect.

Please make sure you update and restart your client.

OTClients and other custom clients will not be able to connect, this change is aimed at preventing most of the easiest bots for the game.​

I'm playing this server for 1 week now. There aren't many people playing, some nice players helped me getting started here with runes and equipment. So I've been enjoying playing the server until yesterday: soulpoints have been introduced. From what I understood is this is to improve the economy of the server.

But introducing soulpoints is not going to magically solve the economy of the server. Below I listed some reasons why:
  • There are barely players online, actively playing
  • No activity in the trade channel
    • No one is selling weapons/armors/runes or other valuables
  • Not many new players
  • 1x lootrate
    • Loot is terrible and barely covers investment into supplies (manafluids and sds)
  • Server is 2 years old
    • In discord I've seen people sell 1k+ bps runes (from april 2021), now we are forced to buy from them with money I don't have
Btw, there were some changes made to soulpoints this morning as in generation and soulpoints cost for creating runes so it's not as bad as yesterday (1 hour hunt for 100 soulpoints, 1 sd cost 5 sp).

TL;DR
Soulpoints were introduced to balance the economy of the server but it will only cause more imbalance where older players will financially benefit from this (selling their stash).

I'm playing this server for 1 week now. There aren't many people playing, some nice players helped me getting started here with runes and equipment. So I've been enjoying playing the server until yesterday: soulpoints have been introduced. From what I understood is this is to improve the economy of the server.

But introducing soulpoints is not going to magically solve the economy of the server. Below I listed some reasons why:
  • There are barely players online, actively playing
  • No activity in the trade channel
    • No one is selling weapons/armors/runes or other valuables
  • Not many new players
  • 1x lootrate
    • Loot is terrible and barely covers investment into supplies (manafluids and sds)
  • Server is 2 years old
    • In discord I've seen people sell 1k+ bps runes (from april 2021), now we are forced to buy from them with money I don't have
Btw, there were some changes made to soulpoints this morning as in generation and soulpoints cost for creating runes so it's not as bad as yesterday (1 hour hunt for 100 soulpoints, 1 sd cost 5 sp).

TL;DR
Soulpoints were introduced to balance the economy of the server but it will only cause more imbalance where older players will financially benefit from this (selling their stash).

Soul points were introduced to mitigate bots and rune farms from making unlimited runes.... not to "balance the economy". Granted it would directly impact the rune economy.

Many people on full 1x rate server can still manage to hunt and profit. Gold rates here are actually boosted slightly to compensate not having trash creature product items. Plenty of people are able to succeed and progress in tibia playing completely solo.

The server is crafted around community feed back. Arguments of how things used to be holds no real merit. If something is being exploited, saying "Well older players who have this, or played when it was like this" is by absolutely no means a reason to leave it the way it is.... and I won't be doing resets every single time a feature is changed.

And The regen on soul has since been addressed. SP Costs were adjusted a well.

Defense Updates
Attack and defense formulas have been reviewed. The attack formula has been using a more modern, boosted formula, where monsters and players were still using old retro defense formulas. There have been some minor adjustments to player attack and defense min/max formals. Monsters defenses have been reworked, now using a more appropriate defense formula, feeling more realistic and giving knights a better feel with auto attack hunting.

Spell Updates
A number of spells have had some minor adjustments, mostly will go unnoticed but tie in with a number of the below spell formula reworks and updates.

Berserk formula has been corrected. It still uses the retro dmg formula based on level and weapon attack, using a variable mana cost formula lowered to 1*level (down from 4*level). Fierce Berserk spell has also been reworked. It now uses a similar formula to the retro skill damage formula (like berserk), dealing considerably more damage, but now also using a variable mana cost of 4*level.

newexori.gif

For those unhappy with the variable mana cost of spells. Front Sweep has also been added for knights, at a fixed cost of 200 mana. Brutal Strike has also been updated to use the same type of formula. It's damage is now considerably better. Therese updates are to bring some more balance to knights and their ability to solo hunt.

Diving Strike has also been added for Paladins. It works similar to mages Strike spells and needs to be aimed to target the sqm in front of the player. It also uses a level and attack base formula.

UE and Poison Storm have been adjusted. Adjustments in formulas will overall result in a higher damage UE. Poison storm now does a busrt of poison damage, as well as dealing a poison condition. The damage is a bit lower than Sorcerers UE.

item_5336.png
item_5337.png
item_5338.png
item_5339.png
item_5340.png
item_5341.png

With these new reworks for Knights. To curb the knights use of Sudden Death runes, where magic level 15 was possible through some items and spellbooks (and much investment), spellbooks are joining wands in the class of items with vocational requirements. Spellbooks giving magic boost affect are now only probably wearable by druids and sorcerers.

Soul points were introduced to mitigate bots and rune farms from making unlimited runes.... not to "balance the economy". Granted it would directly impact the rune economy.

Many people on full 1x rate server can still manage to hunt and profit. Gold rates here are actually boosted slightly to compensate not having trash creature product items. Plenty of people are able to succeed and progress in tibia playing completely solo.

The server is crafted around community feed back. Arguments of how things used to be holds no real merit. If something is being exploited, saying "Well older players who have this, or played when it was like this" is by absolutely no means a reason to leave it the way it is.... and I won't be doing resets every single time a feature is changed.

And The regen on soul has since been addressed. SP Costs were adjusted a well.

Soul points didn't fix rune bots in Tibia and they won't do it here. There is no good solution, I would suggest not allowing MCs(no warning, just instant ban as soon as you see a MC botting). Players would also get X mana worth of soulbound runes each day based on your level.

It's not meant to fix rune bots... It's meant to fix being able to make runes forever, without slowing down. It was a mitigating change to get people to leave the PZ of their houses. I was a mitigating change that curbed a lot of botting though.

I don't think we'll be insta banning anyone on MC though

Last edited:
Deeper path to Goroma (The area before the teleport to the demon area) has been reworked. All monsters removed and replaced with the Warlocks and stone golems. (Similar creature spawn set to demona)

1631929501791.png

Have done some remapping on the world and gotten rid of the 7.7 rea mountain rocks and bringing it back to a more 7.4 look. Can now make better use of levitation :)

1633253112709.png

Several new boss rooms have been added and updated. These boom rooms will require a certain number of Task Points to enter.
bossroom1.png

Upon entry, a boss will be spawned in the room. These rooms can be entered more than once, but will require the Task Point entry cost each time the room is entered.
bossroom2.png

Christmas Double Event - Gold and Loot rates are doubled (2x item and 6x gold drop rate) until the new year!

Calassa Hunting area added and accessible from Captain Haba's Ship while at deep sea.

calassa1.png

calassa2.png

Lion Rock Hunting Area and new Major quest added to Darahia.
lionrock1.png

More left to discover!

In the spirit of Winter, Snowballs have also have had a fun little rework. Snowballs can now also be used, similar to a rune, to "throw" snowballs over the place.

snowballs.gif

Some new items have also been added to the store. The store page layout has also been optimised for ease of access and viewing.

Happy Hunting and Happy Holidays!​

underwater area presented as cactuses
you never cease to amaze me haha

underwater area presented as cactuses
you never cease to amaze me haha

xD Is it the worst? lol

There's no "underwater" in 7.x sprites, but theres enough "desert" themed items, enough to retrograde convert them from later tibia versions into this Nostalgic retro style server.

Keeping "a" theme to the areas is nice.