• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Arthas::Lordaeron [9.x | custom] - New Era!

Some changes:​
  • Boss monsters are marked with white/red/black skulls.
  • All the monsters (except for bosses) targeting you, are marked with yellow skull.
  • If a monster is attacking you (yellow skulled), players with non-PvP setting can't attack this monster anymore (until it changes target). This does not apply to your party members. If you're PvP player, then any PvP player can attack your monsters. If you are a non-PvP player, PvP players can't attack your monsters either. Monster protecting is now works only if monster has a recent battle(6 seconds).
  • More changes to raids, now every raid got configurated minimum value of players in order to start. Overall amount of boss spawns will be higher, as they require very low(20+) players online, while spawns for biggest bosses will happen only at 80+ players.
  • Fixed walk stacking between pvp and non pvp players.
  • Fixed issue with Stampor and Blazebringer mounts.
  • Fixed a crash bug reproduced few days ago, conjure spells are turned back on.
  • Some more edits to demon oak, to make quest solving more clear.
  • Limited amount of summons which demon oak can do.
  • Fixed an issue when house owner wasnt updated properly if player wasn't online for long. Aswell as his premium time wasn't properly updated.
  • Now war frags are properly stored and counted into the 'Serving in the army' quest.
  • Fixed issue when justified frags were stored as unjustified.
  • Fixed rewards for 'Killing in the name of...' quest; Those players who received wrong rewards, received proper rewards to the depot.
  • PvP protection level increased to 50.
  • Experience rate between level 50 and 100 increased to 7.5(from 5.0).

Today we are patching the overall rework of spells.

Mages:

• Formulas increasing on such spells: Energy Beam, Fire Wave, Ice Wave. Those spells also minimum damage was increased, to provide more stable damage.
  • Great Energy Beam damage was lowered, but now cooldown is lowered to 3 seconds(from 6).
  • Lighting damage was lowered to fit the current formulas.
  • Strong Fire/Ice/Terra/Strikes damage significantly lowered, but now those strikes using default cooldown(2 seconds instead of 5).
  • Ultimate strikes damage was also lowered, aswell as their level requirement was increased. Now those spells are available on 120 and 130 level. Cooldown is lowered aswell(2 seconds instead of 5). Mana cost was lowered to 80(from 100).
  • Apocalypse spell was completely remaked, aswell as its damage. Poison storm formula was changed to fit the rest of spells scaling.
  • Rage of the Skies and Wrath of Nature's cooldowns were lowered to 4(from 20) seconds, damage was increased a little bit.
  • Eternal Winter and Hell's Core damage was increased a little bit, aswell as cooldowns were lowered to 4(from 20) seconds.
  • Sudden death rune formula was completely reworked, as SD runes were providing way too stable damage, aswell as its formula was completely broken(imo). Now sudden deaths rune still provides better but expensive DPS for mages, aswell as still useable for paladins.

Paladins:​

• Strong Ethereal Spear spell cooldown lowered to 2 seconds(from 5), aswell as significantly lowered its damage.
  • Divine Missile and Divine Caldera's formulas were reworked, overall damage increased a lot.

Knights:​

• Brutal Strike damage was actually lowered, but this lowering will be noticeable only on higher levels, when you will obtain new strike spells to use.
  • Whirlwind Throw - cooldown was lowered to 2 seconds(from 5), aswell as damage formula was reworked, to grand better and more stable damage(previous spell was totally useless).
  • Groundshaker's and Fierce Berserks - cooldowns were lowered to 4 seconds(from 6). Groundshaker's formula was totally reworked, to fit the current damages, while Fierce Berserks damage was lowered a bit(which actually outpays with lowering cooldown).
  • Annihilation is now supposing to be a high level strike spell, mana cost was lowered to 65 mana(from 300), cooldown to 2 seconds(from 12), however the damage was lowered a lot, but its still the most powerfull strike option for knights.

New experience stages:

• Level 1-7: 20x
  • Level 8-24: 15x
  • Level 25-49: 10x
  • Level 50-99: 9x
  • Level 100-199: 8x
  • Level 200-299: 7.5x
  • Level 300+: 5x

Also, everyone who was online within last days, received 5 days of premium time.

Server offline! :(

Finally got level 100! :')
2qjww09.png

so basiclly, instead of JUST boosting pallys which underpower was the crucial problem, u made knight totally useless u also took out the fist fighting after mentioning many times that after my math calculations it camed out that melees other the fist provides the same dmg output at the same fighting level, more to add, fist doesnt gain bonus from utito tempo spells, which in the end make them less effective then others melee [assassin dagger -44 atk while for example perf ruthless got 55, and that boosts spell dmg alot, but oh well i forgot u nerfed the exori gran ico from around 800 to 100, right.
i dont wanna be harsh but ur attempt to balance everything, pretty much unbalanced everything

so basiclly, instead of JUST boosting pallys which underpower was the crucial problem, u made knight totally useless u also took out the fist fighting after mentioning many times that after my math calculations it camed out that melees other the fist provides the same dmg output at the same fighting level, more to add, fist doesnt gain bonus from utito tempo spells, which in the end make them less effective then others melee [assassin dagger -44 atk while for example perf ruthless got 55, and that boosts spell dmg alot, but oh well i forgot u nerfed the exori gran ico from around 800 to 100, right.
i dont wanna be harsh but ur attempt to balance everything, pretty much unbalanced everything

We spoke about this in private, and then after you realized that you wont force me to reconsider this you decided to make a post on otland?
Okay, then I will explain for everyone.

Patch reasons:
Boosting pallys wasn't the main reason of the patch; actually that patch was about to get rid of long cooldowns, thing which everyone has requested. But yea, aswell as I had chance to work on spells, I took a look about spells DPS(damage per second) and efficiency. And well, how can you rate whole balancing, just by 2 things which you don't liked?

About exori gran ico:
Yes, damage was nerfed a lot, actually its damage was nerfed by ~380%, ASWELL as its cooldown was lowered from 12 to 2 seconds = 600%. Compared to damage which can be dealt, new exori ico dealing almost 100% more damage per same time. The only issue which I admitted, is that knights are lacking of their burst potential now, but I also mentioned that new spell will be announced in nearby future, which will fit this role.

About fist fighting:
Fist fighting never supposed to be ingame. Why? Simply because its weird, whats the point of having 3 weapon types with dozens of weapons in each, while everyone was using the only one available fist weapon with 44 attack, just because it had 100% increased attack speed. This feature wasnt planned by me, I had no time to disable it, and never thought that someone will use assassin dagger as his main weapon. Even if your mathcraft says that damage is pretty much equal, this feature shouldnt be ingame at all, as I had no mathcraft for fist weapons, the only few ones which are available on rook, were just a nice addition to rookers eq. I never counted balance for assassin dagger, whole gameplay being wrecked due to that thing. And well, you did mathcraft, saying its pretty equal to normal weapons. What about demon hunter outfit and its 500 msec attack speed bonus. Is DPS is still same when you got 0.5 msec attack speed? Doubt.

Okay, I'm done. Now actually the news.

Today we finally had a planned maintenance. We are fixed the issue which caused us to lose much ping packets during last days, thats caused lag spikes you all noticed. We have also fixed nasty crash bug which happened to our server during last weeks. Since now you can enjoy more stable gameplay.

Oh, and one more present for everyone!

Premium is not a donation feature anymore! Anyone is able to buy a premium time from NPC Alf or Swedus for in-game gold!

p.s. Also during last changes, experience rate for rook slayers supposed to be 7.5x instead of 5.0. And thats was actually commited today.

Whatsup with my premium days? yesterday I had 17 days left, and today I got 5 days left. This is ridiculous..

we did talked about fist fighting, but at that time i didnt notice that other knights features were nerfed aswell,
and about that statement that i rate the whole patch only on the ground of those two things i would like to add that im not the only one that thinks so
more to say, i NEVER i mean NEVER FORCED U do sth, all i wanted was to point out the cons of the things uve done which was pretty much, lets face it, unbalancing and not fair for knights, and i posted it here just to see if im right about it, not to make u look bad, sry if u felt that way, wasnt my intention, tho i must admit i got mad as hell for that fist, however as we talked i had known that fist might get nerfed or deleted eventually.

the premium not being a donation is a great thing tho, will that mean the premium shop is going to be extended with some new other cool servieces?

oh, and im also waiting for that new knight spell

Back