• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Chronicles of Legends World 8.6 CUSTOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're also cherry picking the arguments and points. TFS is a free source released, for free, to a community. As is Remeres, and OB. Cipsoft is a million dollar grossing company, that has existed for 20 years, and has been battling theft and actually even quelled with their cease and desist letters in the past years.

Not to mention, it's somewhat honor among thieves to not steal from people also trying to do something similar to you. It's one thing to dick over "the man", a multi million dollar corporation and get one against them. Thieving from someone who is trying to promote a community you love, partake of and belong to is scummy as shit.

With your logic, it's like saying if I ask a friend to hack their db and steal it, that means it wasn't protected and it is okay? Like come on. The mental gymnastics ya'll are exerting to justify him stealing an Artist's hard work, and an owner's time and money is absurd. The very least is to pay the artist for his time and effort.
You & many others keep bringing up the fact of cipsoft being a multi-million dollar company and the developers here as being small time. What does someone's income have to do with anything. You can not justify one means of stealing over another.

Either its ok to steal or its not there is no middle ground or grey area and since this community uses tibia's sprites and protocols without issue or ridicule then whatever images are accessible via tools that have been built over the course of this community's existance or other means is fair game.

You're also cherry picking the arguments and points. TFS is a free source released, for free, to a community. As is Remeres, and OB. Cipsoft is a million dollar grossing company, that has existed for 20 years, and has been battling theft and actually even quelled with their cease and desist letters in the past years.

Not to mention, it's somewhat honor among thieves to not steal from people also trying to do something similar to you. It's one thing to dick over "the man", a multi million dollar corporation and get one against them. Thieving from someone who is trying to promote a community you love, partake of and belong to is scummy as shit.

With your logic, it's like saying if I ask a friend to hack their db and steal it, that means it wasn't protected and it is okay? Like come on. The mental gymnastics ya'll are exerting to justify him stealing an Artist's hard work, and an owner's time and money is absurd. The very least is to pay the artist for his time and effort.

Im not saying its wrong or right, im saying your moral compass is in the grey zone.
If that ot becomes a big company would it be right to take them? If not you go against what you said, Who decides when it's okay to steal or not.
I'd also like to state i don't support nor play this ot nor taken any sprite anywhere, I'm just questioning your selfproclamied moral compass.

Im not saying its wrong or right, im saying your moral compass is in the grey zone.
If that ot becomes a big company would it be right to take them? If not you go against what you said, Who decides when it's okay to steal or not.
I'd also like to state i don't support nor play this ot nor taken any sprite anywhere, I'm just questioning your selfproclamied moral compass.

I'm saying that large companies have a term of "acceptable loss" and will be profitable no matter what. Stealing from a new project, claiming their work as your own can literally destroy an up and coming project, or create problems that might not be solved. Issues such as who's they really are, how things were obtained, etc. It's not a grey zone. Stealing isn't right, but the average joe doesn't concern themselves over dicking over Walmart. Everyone has practically jacked something from a large company at one point or another, whether they meant to or not. Stealing from someone who moved in next to you, is way lower, and practically everyone would frown on that.

I'm saying that large companies have a term of "acceptable loss" and will be profitable no matter what. Stealing from a new project, claiming their work as your own can literally destroy an up and coming project, or create problems that might not be solved. Issues such as who's they really are, how things were obtained, etc. It's not a grey zone. Stealing isn't right, but the average joe doesn't concern themselves over dicking over Walmart. Everyone has practically jacked something from a large company at one point or another, whether they meant to or not. Stealing from someone who moved in next to you, is way lower, and practically everyone would frown on that.

That's your opinion that the large companies have a "accaptable loss" is it their opinion? This is what I'm trying to point out, It's not a moral principle it's personal preferences of how you want it to be, my problem is that everyone nowdays makes the rules of moral as they want them to fit their purpose. You say stealing is wrong as your main argument then you turn away from it in the second it's not in your favour.
Yes many people jacked something doesn't make it right or justified.

Anyway they solved their issues and this is an advertisemeny thread, so im not going to take up anymore time from that from now on.

@Demon Overlord You came here, to say those shiits without know what happened... And come to offende me, say shit about my server, my map my stuffs... Grow up just this...

@Verticos Thx for explain =)

For those who want to check up the server, your welcome, even if you are slow like Demon Overlord =D

I'm slow cause I called you out for jacking people's stuff?
381509832123088896.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back