• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][CUSTOM 8.6] Vhalkov | START 29-05-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
http://www.vhalkov.com.br
Server Address
Server Port
Client Protocol
If the rules here are going to be the same as on Narnia RPG (currently the rules page on the website is completely blank, so it's hard to say), I definitely don't recommend playing here because Narnia was plagued by bots and the admin did pretty much nothing to prevent it. Botting, even on multiple characters at once, was allowed as long as you weren't afk and afk bots were banned only when they got caught for the fourth time.

You can see more details in this thread: [BRAZIL] [8.60] Narnia RPG, LOW XP - Own client - custom map (It is forbidden to use cavebot 100% AFK) (https://otland.net/threads/brazil-8-60-narnia-rpg-low-xp-own-client-custom-map-it-is-forbidden-to-use-cavebot-100-afk.262431/post-2538346)

If the rules here are going to be the same as on Narnia RPG (currently the rules page on the website is completely blank, so it's hard to say), I definitely don't recommend playing here because Narnia was plagued by bots and the admin did pretty much nothing to prevent it. Botting, even on multiple characters at once, was allowed as long as you weren't afk and afk bots were banned only when they got caught for the fourth time.

You can see more details in this thread: [BRAZIL] [8.60] Narnia RPG, LOW XP - Own client - custom map (It is forbidden to use cavebot 100% AFK) (https://otland.net/threads/brazil-8-60-narnia-rpg-low-xp-own-client-custom-map-it-is-forbidden-to-use-cavebot-100-afk.262431/post-2538346)
Welcome back Wirox, I regret your bad experience with Narnia RPG regarding the Bots, Vhalkov is a new project, with the administration more prepared.

But regarding BOTs, we will not ban the use in Vhalkov, we did a satisfaction survey and most preferred to release it, not to please everyone! But I would really like you to try the server, there are other attractions that may make up for your dissatisfaction with BOTS.

Why allow bots in the first place?

Yeah you've set yourself up for a fail by allowing bots.

I really have no idea why people bother to play older clients if all they want to do is open a bot. If you want it easy and everything done for you then real tibia is where you should play. If you did that survey with your playerbase and the majority decided they want bots then that is not going to be a great community imo.

Good luck anyway

There are bots in all versions, and it is a fight that cannot be won, I prefer to accept and offer content to those who do not use it, than to live an incessant fight against.

best way to solve that is give boosted exp/drops to those using a custom client that u can stop from being botted on

best way to solve that is give boosted exp/drops to those using a custom client that u can stop from being botted on
This is a really bad solution, especially if it's the only thing you do to prevent botting. First of all, if we assume your magical client can stop all bots, why not simply disallow all other clients? Secondly, anyone more skilled can just analyze what your custom client does to authenticate itself and do exactly the same to authenticate their own client, thus also getting boosted exp/drops. Thirdly, even if not using the custom client was to cut your experience gain and loot in half, botters still would gain a lot by setting up bots on non-custom clients.

The fundamental thing needed to stop bots are unforgiving rules. To stop bots, botters must be permanently banned upon the first detection – if you don't do that you have no right to say "it is a fight that cannot be won" because you didn't even try to win.

Even if you don't know any advanced detection methods, unforgiving rules combined with manual checks and disallowing clients other than your own (it's just a layer protecting against less advanced botters) are sufficient to get rid of the majority of bots, as long as your playerbase is small enough. If players risk losing absolutely everything, they will think twice before using a bot, even if the odds of getting caught aren't too high.

Last edited:
We are working on it, and on customs spells, in which you will need to aim to hit a monster, which will make the player who plays without a bot have an advantage over bot users

This is a really bad solution, especially if it's the only thing you do to prevent botting. First of all, if we assume your magical client can stop all bots, why not simply disallow all other clients? Secondly, anyone more skilled can just analyze what your custom client does to authenticate itself and do exactly the same to authenticate their own client, thus also getting boosted exp/drops. Thirdly, even if not using the custom client was to cut your experience gain and loot in half, botters still would gain a lot by setting up bots on non-custom clients.

The fundamental thing needed to stop bots are unforgiving rules. To stop bots, botters must be permanently banned upon the first detection – if you don't do that you have no right to say "it is a fight that cannot be won" because you didn't even try to win.

Even if you don't know any advanced detection methods, unforgiving rules combined with manual checks and disallowing clients other than your own (it's just a layer protecting against less advanced botters) are sufficient to get rid of the majority of bots, as long as your playerbase is small enough. If players risk losing absolutely everything, they will think twice before using a bot, even if the odds of getting caught aren't too high.
If some1 is willing to spend the effort to build a custom bot to bot on a server with only 50 players, more power to them. And see u must not have a job or go to school or anything, bots are for people who work but still wanna stay semi relevant in level and power on the server. Almost all good custom servers have a bot of some kind, but u dont make it overpowered, dont make it do everything. Make it cast some spells and attack monsters, dont let it loot. So u can get some exp but u lose out on gold/items.

If some1 is willing to spend the effort to build a custom bot to bot on a server with only 50 players, more power to them. And see u must not have a job or go to school or anything, bots are for people who work but still wanna stay semi relevant in level and power on the server. Almost all good custom servers have a bot of some kind, but u dont make it overpowered, dont make it do everything. Make it cast some spells and attack monsters, dont let it loot. So u can get some exp but u lose out on gold/items.
This is a silly reasoning. If you believe that all players should be on an equal ground, no matter how much they play, you shouldn't have introduced character progression in your game/server because that's the entire point of it – the more you play, the stronger your character becomes.
Also allowing bots is a very flawed way to equalize the power of players – some players will use simple bots a few hours a day, and the other ones will have huge farms of advanced bots that are running 24/7 on multiple different computers.

Every 30 minute mark an easy math question or a normal question like "Is iron heavier than feathers? Yes/No" .If the player answer incorrectly a system will put him on the Wanted list - Giving players authority to kill player without getting any frag or whiteskull.

Every 30 minute mark an easy math question or a normal question like "Is iron heavier than feathers? Yes/No" .If the player answer incorrectly a system will put him on the Wanted list - Giving players authority to kill player without getting any frag or whiteskull.
Great idea! I will study this possibility together with the staff

if answer incorrectly you could reduce exp and loot to zero making the bot useless.

not too bad pretty small map, no paypal so cant donate since im usa and its hosted in usa but the owner is in brazil, so wont play since donor people will outpower me

not too bad pretty small map, no paypal so cant donate since im usa and its hosted in usa but the owner is in brazil, so wont play since donor people will outpower me
Hi Fat Boy, paypal added!

nice server explored alot today, dunno why people are crying about bots its tibia 8.6 the most botted verison , plus i agree with that other guy, i work 45 hours a week having a bot is nice for when i want to progress but have to be at work,come home do some manual stuff :p. and other big servers like noxious ot is full bot and they have over 300+ players daily so makes no sense for the people to say set up for fail.

only downside is it says its hosted in texas but as a usa player its laggy like its hosted in eu, maybe its just a bad host in texas, its playable just a little lag

Status
Not open for further replies.