• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
A reminder to anyone who has logged on before the launch time, if you have gained any experience over 4200 points, your character will be deleted.
What about beta characters with no gained experience? Are they going to keep their equipment after the release?

I really don't get why some people are making such a fuss about the donation shop now. You can't obtain equip of equal stats to the donator equip on the first day? What time investment is it when you are refering to "first day"? I haven't played this ots yet but we all know @Sir Knighter has put a tremendous amount of time and work in this project so why not have some faith in this? I'm sure you will be able to catch up to the donators soon enough :) And if you can't catch on to the donators within the first few days so be it?! That's what donations are for. Being attractive to the players to ensure a long runtime for the server. And I honestly can't see why a donator would skip much content ashe certainly would miss out on something. Ever sjnce donations have been intodruced their goal was to add means of comfort to the donators which a decent start gear also is. You can eventually overcome it by playing normally. Its not the best but a good start. Thats all there is to it. So stop those discussions and lets cheer for the launch :)
Well, the thing is, most comments about item shop aren't people hating the server but people who say that they will play the server anyway and appreciate the effort put into the development, but they know from their experience that P2W shop can do more harm than good to the server. It's better to discuss such matters before the server realease, isn't it?

I really don't get why some people are making such a fuss about the donation shop now. You can't obtain equip of equal stats to the donator equip on the first day? What time investment is it when you are refering to "first day"? I haven't played this ots yet but we all know @Sir Knighter has put a tremendous amount of time and work in this project so why not have some faith in this? I'm sure you will be able to catch up to the donators soon enough :) And if you can't catch on to the donators within the first few days so be it?! That's what donations are for. Being attractive to the players to ensure a long runtime for the server. And I honestly can't see why a donator would skip much content ashe certainly would miss out on something. Ever sjnce donations have been intodruced their goal was to add means of comfort to the donators which a decent start gear also is. You can eventually overcome it by playing normally. Its not the best but a good start. Thats all there is to it. So stop those discussions and lets cheer for the launch :)

I have faith in it, but that's not what donations are always for. These donations give people a tremendous lead, since barely anyone knows how to get the best non donor equipment at the moment, people with the strong donation items at level 8 will have a huge lead no matter what. That's what everyone is saying here, there's a difference between 'decent' and endgame. It has been stated that normal players can get a weapon that has 2 attack less than a donation weapon (I'm not totally sure that this is the best non donor weapon, but that is how it sounded like to me). If that is the case donators do not start off with decent eq, they start off with godlike eq.

They don't miss out on anything either, except maybe the ability to swap equipment after a dungeon. They can however still have fun in the dungeons themselves, and keep the items to decorate their house.

The idea of holding back the donation sets for a couple of days sounded pretty good to me, people that want them can still donate after 2 or 3 days but it ensures that everyone has a fair and equal start atleast. Nonetheless I'll be around to play anyway, whatever you guys decide to do. Server seems like a lot of fun to me.

What about beta characters with no gained experience? Are they going to keep their equipment after the release?
After the beta all chars were wiped. A few people would come on while we were testing stuff and got some experience before we had explained that the server isn't ready for the public.

@peXu I am very sure that @Sir Knighter is well aware of the harms a p2w shop can bring which is why he has been and will most certainly continue to prevent this from happening. However you will need to accept that shops which just offer items of cosmetic aspect (mounts, addons, house decoratives) are not attractive enough to generate an income from which the server can live, nor would enough people just out of good willing donate money to the server to support such a shop. I would love to see a server where people would donate to keep it alive and ban the shop completly, but that will never be the case I fear :( Thus there is a need for items which bring means of comfort with them which include but are not limited to in this case a good starter equipment.

@mich3208 I see your point but I am sure @Sir Knighter has considered this when adding the set to the shop. Enjoy the launch and see for yourself how it turns out :)

Last edited:
The biggest issue of the donorsets is the levelrequirement, the items themselves are very acceptable, but not when useable on level 8. Keep the hype alive!

@peXu I am very sure that @Sir Knighter is well aware of the harms a p2w shop can bring which is why he has been and will most certainly continue to prevent this from happening. However you will need to accept that shops which just offer items of cosmetic aspect (mounts, addons, house decoratives) are not attractive enough to generate an income from which the server can live, nor would enough people just out of good willing donate money to the server to support such a shop. I would love to see a server where people would donate to keep it alive and ban the shop completly, but that will never be the case I fear :( Thus there is a need for items which bring means of comfort with them which include but are not limited to in this case a good starter equipment.

@mich3208 I see your point but I am sure @Sir Knighter has considered this when adding the set to the shop. Enjoy the launch and see for yourself how it turns out :)

Hmm there are quite some servers that survive offering almost only 'cosmetics' in itemshop. Let's have a look on the more recent custom ots like: ruthlesschaos, ascalon, ... : they all have a nice balanced & fair shopsystem and survive.

I agree that only the mount's,misc, & addon's page is more than enough, unless you are planning to make some big profit moneyz (which is ofc understandable)

Can someone define p2w again, cuz maybe I'm just wrong :D

Hmm there are quite some servers that survive offering almost only 'cosmetics' in itemshop. Let's have a look on the more recent custom ots like: ruthlesschaos, ascalon, ... : they all have a nice balanced & fair shopsystem and survive.

Can someone define p2w again, cuz maybe I'm just wrong :D
Has any of them survived longer than 6 months? Because this is what Archlight aims to if I remember correctly^^
Pay2Win would be if the benefits you get from investing money would not be obtainable at all by normal means and there are no items of equal or higher stats which can be obtained without donating.
What recent MMOs do nowadays is also offer faster instance cooldowns and such for subscribers which also doesn't make it pay2win, however you as a normal player would just need to spend way more time farming/grinding^^
Anyway I think Archlight is on the right track and let's hope for a good launch :)

The biggest issue of the donorsets is the levelrequirement, the items themselves are very acceptable, but not when useable on level 8. Keep the hype alive!
I partly agree on this one. However it seems fairer to the normal players for donators to have a good starter set, than offering donators a good high level set in the endgame. So I think level 8 is just fine. Because then the gear should last until ~mid level :p

Has any of them survived longer than 6 months? Because this is what Archlight aims to if I remember correctly^^
Pay2Win would be if the benefits you get from investing money would not be obtainable at all by normal means and there are no items of equal or higher stats which can be obtained without donating.
What recent MMOs do nowadays is also offer faster instance cooldowns and such for subscribers which also doesn't make it pay2win, however you as a normal player would just need to spend way more time farming/grinding^^
Anyway I think Archlight is on the right track and let's hope for a good launch :)

Both servers I used in my example have been around for quite some time. RC for 3 years and Ascalon even longer, I don't mind the resets cuz they always provide new challenges in the next season. If you roughly estimate their hoster fees it'll be a cost around 2 years raw uptime. And they will still both release a new season soon (which will again last 8 months or so).
I can give other examples of servers, but you get the point.

So:

- gold account: increased exp, 0 (completely free) dungeon fees & other small features ingame (hmmm ?)
- high tier gear with no lvl req (admin told us in this forum it was the best gear, only gear with 2 less atk could be found ingame, now it changed and I guess they reduced the stats a bit, still high tier ofc)
- exp scrolls (adds up with gold account)
- ingame money
- upgrading stones
- addons & mounts
- exclusive addons (only by buying 550+ points)

is not p2w?
tl;dr If I pay money I can get one of the best sets ingame, get additional benefits and features ingame and get a higher exp rate than non-donors. Also I can get my gear maxed out with upgrader stones, no need to look for em.

Ok, thx for the heads up!

Them not surviving for longer than 6 months had nothing to do with the money that the owners wanted to have to pay the bills, they didn't survive because people always seem to get bored after a certain amount of time playing a server. That's either because they did most of the quests and finished most of the content, or just because it doesn't offer enough diversity. You missed the point with comparing these servers with this one in terms of needing a donation shop to survive.

Also what you described as pay to win (nothing equal or better obtainable ingame) is what is happening here according to the owners, since the donation items are the best items. You're not really giving good arguments here, instead you're giving us an easy time proving you wrong :^)

Also believe it or not, people will get bored from a server :)

Better look at other succesful servers, they reset the server and have work again on their server to give new challenges to the players when they go live again.

Also I was a bit confused when you guys told later on this is a teleport server. You should have put that on your description...

--> We made ArchLight to fill a need for a professional RPG server. A balanced server. A competitive server. A teleport server.

Alright I have been kinda busy earlier. I will look a bit more into it later and give you guys a proper argument for a discussion :)
My bad for replying a bit hasty while attending the gym. Though are donation items really the best obtainable ones ingame? I haven't read that statement before but if this is true it is something that should certainly be discussed^^

Alright I have been kinda busy earlier. I will look a bit more into it later and give you guys a proper argument for a discussion :)
My bad for replying a bit hasty in the gym. Though are donation items really the best obtainable ones ingame? I haven't read that statement before but if this is true it is something that should certainly be discussed^^

--> VV

Considering there are non donor weapons obtainable ingame with 2 attack less. I dont see them as being that op. But i understand if the 2 attack is upsettinf of course. However advertising fees and hosting are not cheap. Actually extremely expensive. We are really putting our love into this project and thus tried to keep them as balanced as possible while also keeping a reason to support archlights monthly costs and to allow it to have a long life.

Thanks for the double quote lmao :D
Well this certainly looks a bit fishy there but then again there might be other game systems which may make up for this by having an effect which comes close to nullifying the extra 2atk (I wouldnt know as a I havent played yet) .
Anyway lets see how it turns out^^ It's not like Sir Knighter can't adapt to feedback and bring patches full of change :)

Umbral Master Slayer Attack:68 Defence:34 +8 Sword Skill
(All two-handed weapons on archlight are 20% stronger than real tibia.)

It's a nice starting weapon yeah, also u get upgrader stones in package, or you could buy em to get the to atk 80+
Idk but it'll be cool to check which mob you won't be able to oneshot early on...

Well, the thing is, most comments about item shop aren't people hating the server but people who say that they will play the server anyway and appreciate the effort put into the development, but they know from their experience that P2W shop can do more harm than good to the server. It's better to discuss such matters before the server realease, isn't it?

All beta chars we're wiped. Everyone starts from 0 for the launch in 3 hours.

At least remove addon doll so there'll be some challenge.

Bwah, ideal would be the removal of equipment in shop.

The mount's, misc, & addon's page will generate enough money.

Addons don't give an advantage, it just makes ur char looks better. If they wanna make a good income then that's the most fair way.
The addon bonus is just a small advantage compared to starting with epic gear ^^

Bwah, ideal would be the removal of equipment in shop.

The mount's, misc, & addon's page will generate enough money.

Addons don't give an advantage, it just makes ur char looks better. If they wanna make a good income then that's the most fair way.
The addon bonus is just a small advantage compared to starting with epic gear ^^
@F**K donor items, remove addon doll ; (.

Yea but some people like to farm tons of hours to look much better than others. Considering there is addon doll, it's pretty boring.

Well if people would just accept a subscription model of let's say 2€/month there would be no need for a shop at all. The server would make a stable income and thats all it needs. Now don't tell me "but it's a private server!". Paying only 2€/month should be affordable for anyone and even is worth it if you only spend 5-10hours on the server. I pay 1€/hour in the internet café to have access to internet. I pay 4€ for a small indie steam game which entertains me for a couple of hours. Or 9€ for one Episode of the Walking Dead Series. Hands down 2€/m should be affordable for anyone and for those not sure wheter the server is fun a 1-3 day trial could be used. This is why I love subscription and not shop games :) I really wonder what people are acctually willing to do in terms of financial support for a server they like? The vast majority screams the loudest as soon as a word such as subscription is mentioned. But then again they don't want a shop with superior benefits for the donators so they can play for free. Being able to play for free is an illusion though. There is always a party needed which supports the game (generally speaking for MMOs and their respective private servers ) with respective funds. And if the shop is not designed attractive enough for people to donate in a frequency or quantity which ensures to keep the server alive, the model has failed. If everyone however would just donate a small fee such as the subscription mentioned above the server could stay fair and offer the same chances for anybody.

Last edited:
Back