• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
You can't trust ninjas for this, you need a programmer.
Though I wonder how you guys even managed to make an OTClient that won't compile on linux...

You can't trust ninjas for this, you need a programmer.
Though I wonder how you guys even managed to make an OTClient that won't compile on linux...
Ninja is a person. A programmer. Our lead developer. A very notable member of Otland.

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be reasons why we can't from the changes we have made that you may not be aware of?
This shouldn't matter there is a thread in the tools section of this forum that will help you compile the ot client on linux. I've done it I even updated the original poster's script.

GPG, just get out of your lazy ass.
And you client works (although not at a playable performance) on WINE so if encryption is the only problem, you could use a wine shim for that alone and compile the rest of the client.

Looks like your "professional team" can't do something basic like changing the encryption setup or wrapping it around in wine like I mentioned in my other post.

How we encrypt our spr and dat?
The reason we cannot due this is because we use an encryption setup that does not work for Linux.
Actually it is possible to use the encryption you are using for your client on linux.
Unfortunately when you encrypt something the key to decrypt data comes with the thing you encrypted it with.

ITT: People demanding a Linux client without offering to do it themselves or field the money to make it happen. GJ guys.

ITT: People demanding a Linux client without offering to do it themselves or field the money to make it happen. GJ guys.
I'll make one, I just need the spr & dat file (un-encrypted of course) or the key for the fips cypher. ;)
Or lets just make it simpler, give me the sources for the client and I'll be sure its compiled as a stand alone app.

Field money for a linux setup? Lol most of his bundles should be able to buy for that

The money from donations goes back into the server in the form of paying dev members, content and paying the server's bills. Why would he waste time and money for a Linux client (which Ninja even has claimed isn't currently feasible or quickly done), for the 2-3 people who use Linux and play games? As opposed to generating more content and making the game better itself?

That's like being upset that a stock broker puts money back into stocks to keep getting returns, instead of handing it off to a homeless guy on the street.

Here's an idea, if you want to play games, run a Windows Emu or install Windows in a real environment instead of insulting and demanding someone support your OS.

Please refrain from bringing money into the discussion as it's irrelevant.

I most certainly wouldn't blame the encryption we utilize for the lack of Linux support. The demand for it has pretty much always been non-existent (excluding the two requests above), and is simply not worth the effort (you may interpret this however you like).

However, we will most likely create a poll some day in a not too distant future to see if there are any Linux or macOS players out there.

The money from donations goes back into the server in the form of paying dev members, content and paying the server's bills. Why would he waste time and money for a Linux client (which Ninja even has claimed isn't currently feasible or quickly done), for the 2-3 people who use Linux and play games? As opposed to generating more content and making the game better itself?

That's like being upset that a stock broker puts money back into stocks to keep getting returns, instead of handing it off to a homeless guy on the street.

Here's an idea, if you want to play games, run a Windows Emu or install Windows in a real environment instead of insulting and demanding someone support your OS.

Im glad u dont know much about knigther then

Back