• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Farendar - CUSTOM CLIENT

Hey just some feedback from my part of what's keeping me from trying it.

I notice there needs to be premium purchased to access a lot of the features and I personally hate playing with a handicap compared to other players. While i understand the server needs some type of money to fund itself i would like to suggest you remove buying premium until some players start to play the server and become addicted to it. I personally would buy premium for me and my friends IF the server is enjoyable and there were more players (i have no clue if it's enjoyable or not because i will not start when only 5 people play and premium is needed for features), however people may not be playing for the same reason as i, they do not want to pay for premium on a very very very low populated server just to access the content, not sure how accurate that is but it applies to me and my friends which would make up 1/2 of the servers population so i suppose it's a pretty big thing.

Anywho just my two cents, i will check back to see if somebody has replied in a constructive fashion and not a flame. Also just incase you do start with a couple days of premium, a couple days is nothing because you spend those couple days learning the server/exploring e.t.c, I'd expect at least 1 month to be able to fully use the premium before deciding whether you want to buy more or not, (premium seems pretty big)

I notice there needs to be premium purchased to access a lot of the features and I personally hate playing with a handicap compared to other players. While i understand the server needs some type of money to fund itself i would like to suggest you remove buying premium until some players start to play the server and become addicted to it. I personally would buy premium for me and my friends IF the server is enjoyable and there were more players (i have no clue if it's enjoyable or not because i will not start when only 5 people play and premium is needed for features), however people may not be playing for the same reason as i, they do not want to pay for premium on a very very very low populated server just to access the content, not sure how accurate that is but it applies to me and my friends which would make up 1/2 of the servers population so i suppose it's a pretty big thing.

Anywho just my two cents, i will check back to see if somebody has replied in a constructive fashion and not a flame. Also just incase you do start with a couple days of premium, a couple days is nothing because you spend those couple days learning the server/exploring e.t.c, I'd expect at least 1 month to be able to fully use the premium before deciding whether you want to buy more or not, (premium seems pretty big)

Sepeku,

I understand you concerns and we are working everyday to give more things to free players enjoy the game like spells, bigger areas and monsters.
We host events that give prizes like premium points to players enjoy premium features too.
We really needs give some advantages to premiums but as free you can enjoy a lot of things too.
Of course we are open to suggestions that can improve this.

I would love to have you and your friends to help us with suggestions and feedback. We still trying to find the right balance between free and premium players.

I kind of agree with you, since right now prem gives you a lot more to do. The content for non-prem is up to about ~40, while prem people have content up to around lvl70 or so? (I really don't know, the highest level on the server is currently 47!) On the other hand, I think about 1/3 of the people playing have bought at least a week of premium, and I haven't seen anyone complain so far. Just buying a week or two of premium is really cheap anyway, atm it's 1 week for 2$, and gets cheaper the more you buy.

A perfect system for me would be where premium doesn't add new things, but rather makes things already there easier to get/do. (like traveling costing half as much, cosmetic things like outfits etc.)

THE UPDATE IS LIVE!

PLEASE EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT AGAIN AND REPLACE THE OLD ONE!

Please report any bug! Thanks all!​

I kind of agree with you, since right now prem gives you a lot more to do. The content for non-prem is up to about ~40, while prem people have content up to around lvl70 or so? (I really don't know, the highest level on the server is currently 47!) On the other hand, I think about 1/3 of the people playing have bought at least a week of premium, and I haven't seen anyone complain so far. Just buying a week or two of premium is really cheap anyway, atm it's 1 week for 2$, and gets cheaper the more you buy.

A perfect system for me would be where premium doesn't add new things, but rather makes things already there easier to get/do. (like traveling costing half as much, cosmetic things like outfits etc.)

We are planning some changes on this way (Like free players can access premium area walking (long way) after the level 20)

Fabri - While I agree premium and free players should be told apart, i believe your approach to it is currently hindering the server. You are a new server with very few players, not many people will play if they need to donate to experience the full content of a NEW custom server with VERY FEW people already playing.

The server is new, with very few players. Why would any new starting person want to pay for premium right off the bat with only 3 other people playing? And who is going to want to play when they are not experiencing the full features? The reason this idea works in real tibia is because there is 10,000's of people playing with premium already, and tibia has promises of lasting a very long time unlike OTS.

I suggest you start every new account with 2weeks or 1 month of premium.
why?
This allows players to FULLY play your server for a nice decent chunk of time and will promote new people to wanting to play. Seeing as 2 weeks is a very long time to see if it is a fun server or not. This will also raise your online numbers which means more people will try it out when they see 10-15-20 people online, instead of 4 people. I have yet to login because i saw the premium part and said i'll wait till 20+ people play, it's just unmotivating to see premium needed on an ot with 4 people..

Fabri - While I agree premium and free players should be told apart, i believe your approach to it is currently hindering the server. You are a new server with very few players, not many people will play if they need to donate to experience the full content of a NEW custom server with VERY FEW people already playing.

The server is new, with very few players. Why would any new starting person want to pay for premium right off the bat with only 3 other people playing? And who is going to want to play when they are not experiencing the full features? The reason this idea works in real tibia is because there is 10,000's of people playing with premium already, and tibia has promises of lasting a very long time unlike OTS.

I suggest you start every new account with 2weeks or 1 month of premium.
why?
This allows players to FULLY play your server for a nice decent chunk of time and will promote new people to wanting to play. Seeing as 2 weeks is a very long time to see if it is a fun server or not. This will also raise your online numbers which means more people will try it out when they see 10-15-20 people online, instead of 4 people. I have yet to login because i saw the premium part and said i'll wait till 20+ people play, it's just unmotivating to see premium needed on an ot with 4 people..
Honestly, with as much time as he had to have put into this server, if I were him I would definetly make people pay for premium, there's no way I would put that much time into a server and let everyone have premium for free.

Well here is the thing, there is something called marketing that not many of you young people understand yet. It's sort of like giving samples out at costco, or any store you know that gives samples out. You want to entice the customer, you want them to come back.

You need to attract players to the server, and starting a new server with 4 people online and premium features that you need to donate for is not a good way to get new players. Like i said it's keeping me and my friends away from playing because quite frankly, I'm not going to waste money donating on an OT with 4 people, nor am i going to play with a handicap because 2-3 people decided to donate with their parents money to get an advantage.
If you don't do something to attract new players, you will not get new players.

I agree, with the time put in he should not give everyone premium for free permanently, but rather tease them with enough premium time to get them hooked on the server (if you truly think the server is great and will retain its players, this should be common sense) and enough premium time to explore/enjoy the server. Also you shouldn't look at this as "oh i put in x amount of time, I deserve money." This is a hobby, not a job, all the money made should be going to help stabilize the server, not to pay for the time put into your hobby.

Anywho, my suggestions stands:
Give everyone 2 weeks of premium, if you truly think you have a good server and people will like it, they will stay after two weeks and THEN donate.

Yeah when i up to 20lv and saw that i need pacc for great light or heal friend... when i explored 100% facc area and my best exp is orcs on facc because its too hard for me to hunt dragons even at 30lv because better monsters sux loot each 10-20 dragon i loot item worth 200gp-300gp while i need 20 manas to solo dragon ;o

Why didn't you make auto updater?

I'm having some difficults to implement a stable autoupdater to our client. If you can help i will appreciatte.

I understand what sepeku is saying and we are working in a solution to make premium area accessible for free and premium accounts.

I don't think you understand what i'm saying. You don't need pacc area accessible to free acc, although it would be awesome. You need to give people premium at the beginning so they can test the server out to it's full potential and then they will buy premium after, It also gives people alot of time to make nice profits in premium areas to buy premium from other players (for the people who don't have RL cash.)

Just made 2 weeks premium on every acc that's made. then people will buy more after 2 weeks is up if server is fun :) easy solution!

I don't think you understand what i'm saying. You don't need pacc area accessible to free acc, although it would be awesome. You need to give people premium at the beginning so they can test the server out to it's full potential and then they will buy premium after, It also gives people alot of time to make nice profits in premium areas to buy premium from other players (for the people who don't have RL cash.)

Just made 2 weeks premium on every acc that's made. then people will buy more after 2 weeks is up if server is fun :) easy solution!

Its a good solution too. Thanks for the feedback!

Fun server, but as others have mentioned the premium donation is a little mood-killer.
Hopefully you´ll make the areas open for everyone, or atleast add some free premium time so people can check out the advantages to see what they´re paying for.

Yours,
Vitalie

Fun server, but as others have mentioned the premium donation is a little mood-killer.
Hopefully you´ll make the areas open for everyone, or atleast add some free premium time so people can check out the advantages to see what they´re paying for.

Yours,
Vitalie

Start with premium dunno if is the best solution. The premium content is focused in lvl 30+. Maybe is better make week events that gives premium days to each participant.

Yours,
Vitalie

Start with premium dunno if is the best solution. The premium content is focused in lvl 30+. Maybe is better make week events that gives premium days to each participant.

Lets join us people!

Well I actually got on to test it since you said premium is focused on level 30+ and here is my feedback:

The server is extremely laggy (i'm from USA also) My ping goes from 100-215 constantly, the first time it's ever done this. My characters cannot walk more than 2 tiles without pausing for half a second, monsters "teleport" half sqm's towards you, and when i let go of my arrow key my character takes an extra step anyways. I really dislike that client, it's ugly and has so many unnecessary bars i must open just to change from full def to full attack, and it feels glitchy. so i wish you the best of luck but i couldn't make it past level 2 with these conditions, sorry!

Well I actually got on to test it since you said premium is focused on level 30+ and here is my feedback:

The server is extremely laggy (i'm from USA also) My ping goes from 100-215 constantly, the first time it's ever done this. My characters cannot walk more than 2 tiles without pausing for half a second, monsters "teleport" half sqm's towards you, and when i let go of my arrow key my character takes an extra step anyways. I really dislike that client, it's ugly and has so many unnecessary bars i must open just to change from full def to full attack, and it feels glitchy. so i wish you the best of luck but i couldn't make it past level 2 with these conditions, sorry!

Haters gonna hate.... what can i say?

I've started fine with free account. I have a free account mage, knight, and paladin. Well the knight is premium now. You would have to spend about a week at LEAST on any vocation to be able to leave the free account spawns from what i've experienced. So for people to say they are UN-interested with free account to start, thats bull. I understand that it sucks having restrictions, but it makes the premium benefits actually worth getting. Play, get level 30, then see about premium. If you log on and get level 3, and expect premium, that's a HUGE waste. Play some, PM me on Liferuiner i'll help anyone. =]

Today changes:

- Hydra have a lower healing rate now
- Knight attack spell now cost 20 mana
- Archer attack spell now cost 30 mana
- Heal friend spell now cost 100 mana
- Each bless is 3k now (total 15k)
- Promotion is 15k
- Orc archers dont hit too much now

Some items were changed to maintain the balance of the game:

- Death Crystals now can be used just above level 40
- Explosions Crystal can be used just above level 20
- Some swords and axes now can be used just above level 60

We keep working to balance the game! The changes will take effect after today server save.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Back