• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficulty isn't the issue.
It is just preference, would you rather type Exura or Light Healing.
Everyone uses hotkeys anyway so I guess it doesn't matter we could name it "Abra Kadabra" and no one would really care.

There are people who care, when it's a new name it feels like a new spell to me, regardless if it does the same effect or not. Also just because it's on a hotkey doesn't mean the spell name is invisible, I'm just so sick and tired of real tibia spells and I will never play a server with real tibia spells no matter how many people or how good it is.

Yeah even if hotkeys are used, and it's still the same spell, the new name makes it feel like it's a new spell. It's more interesting to use created up names, than RL names, and I mean this servers pretty damn custom so I don't think this would hurt at all

Well, We did take out all the spells except Light Healing, Levitate, Find Person, and Magic Rope while we test.
Using just the custom spells (you get 3 per vocation) we haven't had any issue.

The only Vocation that might have problems is Sorcerer, If you find something immune to death AND energy then all you can do is wand it. But I can't think of anything immune to both of those elements off the top of my head.

I can't think of anything immune to both of those elements off the top of my head.
lich isnt immune but may pose a problem for them if thats all they have(especially seeing as how lich needs killed asap)
Immune To: Death, Earth, Life Drain, Invisibility, Paralysis
Strong To: Energy (-80%)

lich isnt immune but may pose a problem for them if thats all they have(especially seeing as how lich needs killed asap)
Immune To: Death, Earth, Life Drain, Invisibility, Paralysis
Strong To: Energy (-80%)

Well the 3rd Sorcerer Spell + wand SHOULD be able to deal with anything else I hope. We haven't really gotten into making the 3rd spell work as intended yet.... Lets just say it's the Necromancer Entry Spell and i'm sure you might be able to guess what it is.

You know monsters have different immune to and strong to for a reason? Just because a certain class won't be able to kill a certain monster doesn't mean it needs an automatic change. The real problem is there there needs to be a more varied choice of hunting, not everyone should be hunting at around the same places.

Now I feel like this is going down the road deathzot did with synthetic where it just got about 15x worse.

Now I feel like this is going down the road deathzot did with synthetic where it just got about 15x worse.

I think you're afraid of change. You liked the old DeathZot and RoA only because of nostalgic reasons, you're blind to how mechanically bad & unbalanced both servers were. RoA had like 80 + vocations in the last era, and about 5 of them were good. Shaman's level 100 spell was to make an amulet of loss, that was literally their only custom spell. Wraith's level 100 custom spell was to make a ring of healing that healed 5 mana every 2 seconds, while Voidwalkers got to make AoE SDs that hit hard, Wizards got to use Arcane Missiles and make enchanted gems (most valuable item in the server). If there was no work being done to RoA the server would be beat in about a week. Get level 50, go hunt blightwalkers till 100 in Sanctum, then the desert blightwalker cave, then bot desolation blightwalkers for a week, get level 400 and then have nothing to do.

In the re-make of DeathZot, it only made me realize how boring the server actually was, and it was only out of pure nostalgia that I would ever of had interest to play it again.

In the re-make of DeathZot, it only made me realize how boring the server actually was, and it was only out of pure nostalgia that I would ever of had interest to play it again.

I agree 100%... I understand how bad RoA was, Sharpshooter's had more HP than 2 of the knight vocations (One of them was Champion. << clear sign)
I guess I am a little bit about RoA, I just don't understand why they can't add spells and tweak the vocations that sucked to make them as good as the other ones. I hope it turns out good though.

Just got done cleaning my apartment. Time to get back to work :).
Heartless is taking a small break while I script in the new item Teirs.
we now have:
-Helmets
-Armor
-Legs
-Boots
-Light Shields
-Heavy Shields
-Ranged Weapons
-Two Handed Swords (We are starting with just swords)
-One Handed Swords (We are starting with just swords)
-Wands (We might add in some Two Handed Wands later for a certain class)

You know monsters have different immune to and strong to for a reason? Just because a certain class won't be able to kill a certain monster doesn't mean it needs an automatic change. The real problem is there there needs to be a more varied choice of hunting, not everyone should be hunting at around the same places.

I'll probably expand most hunting areas, but make most monsters interact different (notably the extraordinary weak Beholders/Bonelords)

Currently balancing the vocations.
Only thing left really is Monsters (Loot and Difficulty of monsters you hunt from 8-49)

We want it to be fun, challenging, and profitable but not TOO profitable.

Smart man :) I also think the T5 weapon quest should be redone to like T3 or something, gatherin a team of 8 than gettin a T5 weapon seems kind of insane imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back