• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you play a game that actually requires skill and not just a time investment, for example: Dota 2.

Why don't you play a game that actually requires skill and not just a time investment, for example: Dota 2.

As a matter a fact I play both. However, I disagree with you. League takes more skill. If you are referring to the simple fact that Dota has smaller objects therefore making last hitting more "difficult" or clicking champions more "difficult" ... as skill... you're sorely mistaken. It doesnt take skill to click on smaller objects.. all it takes is practice. So... in your words... time investment. If you are referring to skill as in you get into a game, and end up getting a kill or two then just snowballing and facerolling the entire match as skill.. you're mistaken. I'm sorry but the ability to snowball in Dota vs league is very large. Dota.. it takes 1-2 kills and you're murdering everyone. No matter what you are, mage, tank, dps, you pretty much faceroll everyone. At that point it requires no teamwork just you, yourself, facerolling everyone. Whereas league.. 1-2 kills puts you ahead in your lane however the entire game is 200% more team based. Requiring SKILL, TEAMWORK. Lane dominance will win you your lane, but not the game. Dota... Lane dominance is game dominance.

And to add to that... there is 150% more trolls in Dota.

And dont get me wrong.. I understand that not every game in Dota is winnable even with a 10-1 score. Sometimes your team is just that bad. However, generally speaking the average Dota game contains 1 person facerolling everyone and winning the game.

And dont get me wrong.. I understand that not every game in Dota is winnable even with a 10-1 score. Sometimes your team is just that bad. However, generally speaking the average Dota game contains 1 person facerolling everyone and winning the game.

In the lower skill bracket, yep. That's probably true. The secret is to get better at the game and play in medium or high tier games.

So... in your words... time investment. If you are referring to skill as in you get into a game, and end up getting a kill or two then just snowballing and facerolling the entire match as skill.. you're mistaken. I'm sorry but the ability to snowball in Dota vs league is very large.

You missed my point entirely here. In Dota, at the picking screen, everybody is on equal footing, nobody is stronger than another player because of game mechanics. In League of Legends at the champion picking screen some players already have distinct advantages over others in the form of more champions and more expensive(better) champions unlocked, or in the form of more runes, higher tiered runes, being higher level so more 'mastery' points. I understand that in match making Riot tries to put equal skilled and leveled players together but that is not always the case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying League is a bad game in any sense, meerly that is is pandering to the lowest common denominator, which is becoming a very popular trend in modern media. I used to play League, and personally, I just found it too easy, I only ever solo queued and won 75% or so of my games. Of course this was in the early days of League, before the masses came. I have no idea how good or how bad I am at it today.

A lot of rookie Dota 2 players go into the game and only focus on their own hero and do not take stock of the bigger picture, which is why it feels that sometimes other players snowball uncontrollably. Unless you are getting steady kills in your lane, a carry, properly babysitting a carry or pushing down a tower; you should be ganking other lanes and looking to help team mates.

Take what you want from the above, just 2 cents from somebody who is approaching 2000 hours played on the genre.

Me tooooo :(

However.. I'm not too worried. I think its good hes keeping me away from spending all my time on this server. That way I can do more... productive things till its actually released. THAN may I able to waste my life away :)

There is nothing more productive than playing our server! D=

In the lower skill bracket, yep. That's probably true. The secret is to get better at the game and play in medium or high tier games.

You missed my point entirely here. In Dota, at the picking screen, everybody is on equal footing, nobody is stronger than another player because of game mechanics. In League of Legends at the champion picking screen some players already have distinct advantages over others in the form of more champions and more expensive(better) champions unlocked, or in the form of more runes, higher tiered runes, being higher level so more 'mastery' points. I understand that in match making Riot tries to put equal skilled and leveled players together but that is not always the case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying League is a bad game in any sense, meerly that is is pandering to the lowest common denominator, which is becoming a very popular trend in modern media. I used to play League, and personally, I just found it too easy, I only ever solo queued and won 75% or so of my games. Of course this was in the early days of League, before the masses came. I have no idea how good or how bad I am at it today.

A lot of rookie Dota 2 players go into the game and only focus on their own hero and do not take stock of the bigger picture, which is why it feels that sometimes other players snowball uncontrollably. Unless you are getting steady kills in your lane, a carry, properly babysitting a carry or pushing down a tower; you should be ganking other lanes and looking to help team mates.

Take what you want from the above, just 2 cents from somebody who is approaching 2000 hours played on the genre.

For one, you didn't make a point. "You missed my point entirely here." If you take into account that both games have a higher tier, then yes. When you reach those higher tiers it is all based on skill level. But that applies to BOTH games. So your only point you made in the first post being "Why don't you play a game that actually requires skill and not just a time investment, for example: Dota 2." Was simply invalid in every way. Because both games require time investment. You didn't just START at 2000 (high tier). Then you go to contradict yourself by saying you have over 2000 hours played. Yes it might not have been a direct contradiction, however you implied that Dota takes more skill on the simple terms that it DOESNT require time investment by saying that you're good at the game after 2000 hours of playing. You're basing your arguement off the simple fact that you have a lot of time invested into the game... once again contradicting your original statement. League is the same way, you start off as a noob and invest time to become good.

And to hit on this one, yes clearly when you start playing of league of legends your at a "disadvantage" to anyone who has played longer. However you are qued in matchmaking with players of the similar level. Which means they too have appoximately the same amount of IP earned as the other. What they chose to buy with that IP is purely there decision. However once you reach level 30 you generally have the runebooks/champion that you like to play and feel comfortable playing with. That doesn't put you at any sort of disadvantage to anyone else. Just because you dont own every champion does not mean that you are at a disadvantage to someone who does, considering that your skill set is probably familiar with only a few champions in the first place. (I myself own all the champions and have a full 10 runebooks.) But I still and will always lose to people who dont have 10 full runepages nor all the champions. Because when you actually que up and get into a game, the game is purely skill based. What runes you choose to use against a certain champion is one of the many things that veterans players have invested there time in learning. League is a game where most players are skilled at certain champions. So owning all the champions is really irrelevant, because they dont play all of them. More or less it gives players something to shoot for. Progress for Dota is purely your rating. Progress for league is your account level, runes, champions owned, and ELO in ranked games.

So to make sense out of all of this. Both games are the same concept. If you were to generalize which game requires more skill, you couldnt base it off gameplay. Because both games require teamwork, ganking lanes, doing good in laning phase, sometimes being babysat, sometimes carrying, and ultimately knowing how your champion works, knowing how enemy champion works. However that is all Dota is. Its purely the SAME concept as league of legends. But League brings something different to the table... which is not every player owns every champion. Not every player has full runebooks. So when it comes to playing against another player with different/more runes you have to know how to play verse them. You have to alter the way you play based off of what runes they might have picked. IT offers variety to every player. But with this variety people have to learn to adapt IN GAME. Which in my opinion would generally require more skill as a player.

Please don't start a Dota Vs League argument in our Rise of Abbadon thread.

They are both completely different games. No matter how much you argue, you cannot change someone's opinion on what game they enjoy more.

We plan on finishing the [Boss] Rizo quest today.
Elf hunting area has been increase by about 4-5x it's size and there will be a puzzle to enter the room with [Boss] Rizo.
You will need a minimum of 4 people to enter Rizo's Laboratory deep underground.
Once in his Laboratory you will have to fight him and his personal guard. Once you defeat Rizo the exit will appear.

Rizo will be our first 3 Tier Creature we are making.
3 Tier Creatures will have custom AI. Change stances between melee, and range during a fight. And will have abilities that require teamwork to survive.
For Example:
Energy Trap
Rizo will shoot an energy trap that will snare your character. A teammate will need to push you out of the trap to save you, because it will do increasing damage every 2 seconds. 5-10-20-40-80-160-320-640-1280 ETC.
Overcharge Explosion
Rizo will start channeling and charge up gathering energy from the atmosphere around him. After charging he will explode and re-appear somewhere else on the screen.
Energy Vortex
Rizo will create a vortex of energy. Pulling in nearby players and dealing damage to them each second, ending in an explosion.
And More

Adding a concept to the game does not make it a deeper or more skillfull game. For the most part, league is for casuals who like to spam their spells virtually as much as they they want without thinking about it. In dota your mana is a more valuable resource and cant be wasted as much as possible, you can typically only cast your spells once or twice in early game, meaning you have to think about it more and work for kills, instead of just spamming as often as you please.

Anyways, I'm done discussing this, enjoy your casual game made with Adobe Air. Feels like a 'game design' college course first year project that through some miracle, went viral.

Please don't start a Dota Vs League argument in our Rise of Abbadon thread.

They are both completely different games. No matter how much you argue, you cannot change someone's opinion on what game they enjoy more.

Bahahaha. Okay. Just trying to kill time while we wait 0.o

Rizo sounds so... hard...

Bahahaha. Okay. Just trying to kill time while we wait 0.o

Rizo sounds so... hard...

Adding a concept to the game does not make it a deeper or more skillfull game. For the most part, league is for casuals who like to spam their spells virtually as much as they they want without thinking about it. In dota your mana is a more valuable resource and cant be wasted as much as possible, you can typically only cast your spells once or twice in early game, meaning you have to think about it more and work for kills, instead of just spamming as often as you please.

Anyways, I'm done discussing this, enjoy your casual game made with Adobe Air. Feels like a 'game design' college course first year project that through some miracle, went viral.

48324.jpg

How do you get Heavy Shields? Knight's need them lol, never seen them drop.

Heavy shields will only be available to the Defender Promotion of knights.
They are designed to help Defender's tank better than any other vocation.

Will it be a single drop, or the reward in a chest?

It will have a reward room with chests that you will be teleported to after your team defeats Rizo.

- - - Updated - - -

After Rizo, we will do Kain, then the Raid quest, THEN we will work really hard to get all the creature products selling for profitable prices.
Then! we will expand Tombs, Graveyard, and Beholders a bit more to give more hunting choices.
If we can get this done by this weekend we can start focusing on the level 50 promotions and the next town.

It sounds like great stuff and you guys are putting a mass amount of effort into this which is great, I'll definitely play.
The only thing that's frustrating me with this server is the amount of botters and bots which are currently being experienced, is this something you're looking into clamping down? The OT is actively looked after by members of the team and it's Alpha but I really don't want botters ruining the server when we're in beta, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back