• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I still think that houses have always been under-used in OTS. For example house upgrades;

- Skill booster
Buy a altar where you can boost your skills for a certain amound of time.

- Defence radius
Buy a house upgrade that will boost your defence if you are within a certain radius of your house

- Safe zone

Let people buy an entrance for a certain price. For example; once entrance ticket cost 5000 GP (the house owner can set the price), and the tickets stack up to 5 tickets. When you enter the house, it will cost you one ticket. You may stay in the house for 5 minutes, so you have time to call your friends or try to think of a other strategy to escape your attackers.

- Stamina refill spot
When you are standing in your stamina refill spot, your stamina will replenish x2. You are also able to set it so somebody else can use it for a certain amound of time for a certain price.

I think these things will add so much more strategy to the game. The upgrades should be expensive though.

One thing we do have planned is you can spawn an NPC in your house that will sell items for you.
We probably will not add anything to houses that would increase your power as a player.

Though maybe adding that type of function to Guildhalls (not scripted as houses but more of Captureable Outposts).
Would be fun to be able to buy a guildhall, and slowly buff it up, then other players and guilds could come and break into your guildhall and destroy your upgrades. (Of course we would have to balance it so you couldn't lose everything while you are offline)

Though maybe adding that type of function to Guildhalls (not scripted as houses but more of Captureable Outposts).
Would be fun to be able to buy a guildhall, and slowly buff it up, then other players and guilds could come and break into your guildhall and destroy your upgrades. (Of course we would have to balance it so you couldn't lose everything while you are offline)

I belive this could add a whole new level of pvp especially if these outposts had unique things about them and werent just generic forts that you can lose(maby boss spawn in the basement or one of the ideas testa posted long as the forts are different)

Realy Realy like this idea Flat, Do it right ;)

Personally right now even though we are testing.. I think there needs to be some sort of repercussion for unjustified kills. Since bounty system isn't implemented I don't think open-pvp is the best option. Alpha/beta testing is where you get most of your players. And lately i've seen a lot of them quit because they get level 20 and just facerolled by every person that walks by them, because the only consequence is a green shield. Which... really isn't anything but a PZ lock for awhile. Then if you manage to get some players to get revenge, kill the green shield... oh no they lost 1/3 exp that takes approx 5 minutes to get back. People are abusing the system right now, and I think it will scare away a lot of new players that weren't originally fan based.

Please, nerf warriors atm. They are by far the fastest class, they can taunt and they can oneshot level 30 mages, and they barely take ANY damage at all, I was hitting 30-100's on a knight with my 41 Hunter which has 85 dist and t2 bow, while he was hitting 250-300 with autoattack + berserk combo on me, like WHAT!?

Regarding the exp rate I think it needs to be considered that this server isnt supposed to only go until level 50.
The 3 promotion system is supposed to be kept isnt it? I basicly only play rpg servers and enjoy slow rates but if the exp is kept at what is right now I think it would be fine.
Nothing pisses me off more than deliberatly making the progression slow as fuck just so it takes more time to level especially when there is so much more content to explore.
I can understand that you dont want to rush things and I think it would make sense taking things slow right now so everything is balanced and bug free but its important to not keep everybody so low leveled when imo the original idea that made roa awesome was that it just kept on getting better the higher level you got.
I have no idea how long you guys want to keep this server in a pre-release phase but I think it might be a good idea to start thinking about where you want to go with the 50-100 area. I think alot of people would be completly satisfied with just the unedited original sanctum area.

Especially concerning things like voc balance I think it would be interesting to see how the whole pvp balance turns out with the second promotions instead of just balancing everything around early game which a week after release nobody will care much about anyways.

Last edited:
Please, nerf warriors atm. They are by far the fastest class, they can taunt and they can oneshot level 30 mages, and they barely take ANY damage at all, I was hitting 30-100's on a knight with my 41 Hunter which has 85 dist and t2 bow, while he was hitting 250-300 with autoattack + berserk combo on me, like WHAT!?

Also, not only that, they can just follow target and kill anyone, if they go on a sorc, 2 berserk and their skeletons are gone, and they can dance around their Death Range thing, and the same thing goes for Volley. I think knights damage needs a BIG nerf.

Regarding the exp rate I think it needs to be considered that this server isnt supposed to only go until level 50.
The 3 promotion system is supposed to be kept isnt it? I basicly only play rpg servers and enjoy slow rates but if the exp is kept at what is right now I think it would be fine.
Nothing pisses me off more than deliberatly making the progression slow as fuck just so it takes more time to level especially when there is so much more content to explore.
I can understand that you dont want to rush things and I think it would make sense taking things slow right now so everything is balanced and bug free but its important to not keep this server front loaded with content.
I have no idea how long you guys want to keep this server in a pre-release phase but I think it might be a good idea to start thinking about where you want to go with the 50-100 area. I think alot of people would be completly satisfied with just the unedited original sanctum area.

Especially concerning things like voc balance I think it would be interesting to see how the whole pvp balance turns out with the second promotions instead of just balancing everything around early game which a week after release nobody will care much about anyways.

We can't just leave everything broken in the first town and say "fuck it, leave it shitty and boring, and lets just start working on the next town".

We aren't that lazy, and I refuse to produce a half-assed server. If Heartless decides to do something like this I'll go work on another one of my projects.

The ONLY reason you guys are online is to be guinea pigs. You are here to provide information to us.
Broken Mini-Bosses, testing quests, seeing what hunting areas need to be expanded and which are too hard, which hunting areas are too profitable and which ones you make no profit.

Yes you MIGHT just have fun while being logged in. But IN NO WAY do we expect you to ALWAYS have fun while you are online during this Alpha.
Level 50 promotions are not even STARTED on. Level 50 town has no NPCs, the creatures level 50+ have not been tested and we don't even know if their mini-bosses work. Nothing above level 50 is ready, OR are we working on it AT ALL.
We have to PERFECT level 8-49, THEN once we think 8-49 is AMAZING, FUN, AND NEARLY PERFECTED. THEN we will start working on level 50-99.

But guess what? When we are working on 50-99, some of you will get level 99, or be bored because there isn't any 50-99 quests, and complain that 2nd promotion is not in yet, and you will be bored and want to go to the next town. And I will say the same thing I am saying now. We will do this ONE town at a time, and make the game as GOOD as it can possibly be.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not only that, they can just follow target and kill anyone, if they go on a sorc, 2 berserk and their skeletons are gone, and they can dance around their Death Range thing, and the same thing goes for Volley. I think knights damage needs a BIG nerf.

We have nerfed Cleave in the last few days.
I think the biggest issue is there is 1 knight out there that already has a T3 weapon, and you are seeing the effects of a player outclassing you.
We will do some Balance testing soon. You must remember, we haven't even TRIED to balance vocations yet, we just made spells and threw some numbers in the Min-Max slots.

- - - Updated - - -

Warriers do not get any speed boost... so if you meant fastest class by they move the fastest then you are wrong lol.

We will look into damages of each vocation this weekend and try to balance them better.

Last edited:

Are you kidding me? I have a archer level 31, and a warrior level 34. My archer is far superior in PVP. Examples;

- A archer thas has normal skills and EQ of level 31, uses one volley that drains 60% of my warriors total hp.

- A archer or mage has the same speed as a warrior. I've chaised mages for longer then 5 minutes and only landed a few hits. It is the job of a warrior to close the gap between him and his target, and it is the job of the mage and archer to increase that gap. While this is happening, the archer and mage are doing lots of distance dmg, since they can use the weapon + a strike spell.

- A warrior has no strike spell, all attack spells that he uses will make him get a skull/shield and/or hit his friends in a (group) fight.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? I have a archer level 31, and a warrior level 34. My archer is far superior in PVP. Examples;

- A archer thas has normal skills and EQ of level 31, uses one volley that drains 60% of my warriors total hp.

- A archer or mage has the same speed as a warrior. I've chaised mages for longer then 5 minutes and only landed a few hits. It is the job of a warrior to close the gap between him and his target, and it is the job of the mage and archer to increase that gap. While this is happening, the archer and mage are doing lots of distance dmg, since they can use the weapon + a strike spell.

- A warrior has no strike spell, all attack spells that he uses will make him get a skull/shield and/or hit his friends in a (group) fight.

It's not hard to dodge the volley, hence you miss all your dmg.

I think he isn't complaining about Warriors really. He is complaining about Xevil, which has T3 boots and T3 weapon, making him faster (T3 boots) and hit harder (T3 weapon) than any other class.

It's not hard to dodge the volley, hence you miss all your dmg.

I almost never miss a volley with my archer, but I guess that is up to the player himself.

No, then the knight that you were versing was terrible, lol.

Also, I love the rates that's on the server now, these would be great for final release.

I almost never miss a volley with my archer, but I guess that is up to the player himself.

Volley is easy to hit, even Death Beam is easy to hit.
You just have to line them up, if you miss, that is ALL on you, don't blame the person dodging you.

Berserk is easier to dodge than anything, just... run away.

By the way, Mages are not meant to PvP without Mana Shield. (If you don't have mana shield on, you can be killed easily in PvP)

Volley is easy to hit, even Death Beam is easy to hit.
You just have to line them up, if you miss, that is ALL on you, don't blame the person dodging you.

Berserk is easier to dodge than anything, just... run away.

Not when the warrior that you're versing is six levels higher than you and has 1 tier higher boots,
follow attack,
auto 200 say berserk -
auto 1 attack target -
afk .

Not when the warrior that you're versing is six levels higher than you and has 1 tier higher boots,
follow attack,
auto 200 say berserk -
auto 1 attack target -
afk .

So you are complaining that, a player that has better skills, higher level, and better gear than you, can kill you. Doesn't that seem a little weird?

So you are complaining that, a player that has better skills, higher level, and better gear than you, can kill you. Doesn't that seem a little weird?

six levels, 1 armor piece, makes him able to own me, without me standing a chance.

six levels, 1 armor piece, makes him able to own me, without me standing a chance.

t2 to t3 weapon is 25% more damage plus he has boots that add 10 levels more speed than you.

I think boots might give too much of a speed boost each tier.
Xevil, (a level 40 Warrior), also complained because he was chasing a Hunter for literally hours and couldn't kill him because he was too fast.

Oh and, someone complained that Xevil was too powerful, so I fought him on my level 30 druid and I didn't feel he was all that scary.
Of course I couldn't kill him, but he would have trouble killing me.

Last edited:
I think boots might give too much of a speed boost each tier.
Xevil, (The person owning you), also complained because he was chasing a Hunter for literally hours and couldn't kill him because he was too fast.

It wasnt Xevil.

And did it crash?

EDIT: Nvm, it didnt crash, just massive lags. Death inc by Gazers.

Didn't crash, hold up. Well this one never happend before.. it's online, not lagging, no crash but can't log in.

Wow, figured it out. My IP Changed randomly again mid way thru? Well now I learned I should always restart after 12hour uptime.

Back online.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.