• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Using blender to create sprites...

Perhaps by increasing the size of your creatures, you will have a larger area and this will help to pass all the necessary details. Some problems with 3D sprites are exactly this loss of detail when you place textures. I loved the lizard and the power of movements possibilities is awesome, keep doing it and always try to clear your monsters well, modeling the anatomy with good forms and manipulating the brightness, shadows and contrast.

Lastly the troll seems have illumination problems, try to better illuminate the upper areas and adopts a better posture/anatomy for the arms and legs!

Thanks for the input. I switched the shader and moved the light, and now it does a better job of showing highlights. I also rendered a larger version. If I were to use the larger one, the hair will need to be redone (especially the outline, since that is painted on and sized for pixels that are twice the size, but more than likely I would actually model hair onto it). As far as the position is concerned, I haven't rigged the model yet, so the pose is still in the default pose that I sculpted. When I rig it and animate it, the standing pose will be more relaxed.

69wfuze.png

5qJsv3f.png

Try this

Yeah, models resource has a ton of models. Some of them are rigged, some are not. The Collada models are usually rigged.

Also, searching deviantart for xps or mmd files. Those are rigged, as well.

i still think that tecnique of blender need some improve or maybe a retouch on the final sprites

Back