• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Utility Skill Distribution: By level or Quest?

Which spell distribution do you prefer?

• Total voters

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
Currently working on skills for the Origins of Cypher Online. I would like to know which type of distribution the community would prefer. Keep in mind that this is for a RPG server, so please speak honestly.

Side Note: Weapon Skills are already distributed via levels. So, this applies only to utility. Utility skills are mostly support skills, such as Insignias (Banners) that cast party buffs, etc.
Another thing to note is that skills -do not- take user mana (as non-magic origins don't have mana), but instead utilizes cooldowns/soul points.

Use both. Basic spells are leveled, an other more important ones from quest.

I think leveling, because it can be hard to keep the quests updated along with skill distribution, but ofc thats just my opinion

"keep the quests updated"? What do you mean? o.o

well your basing a really big concept of the server around doing quests, I meant that in order to add more content to these utility skills you'd always have to add a new quest in order to expand the server, unless there isn't going to be that many to begin with, then I misunderstood the question, sorry :p

well your basing a really big concept of the server around doing quests, I meant that in order to add more content to these utility skills you'd always have to add a new quest in order to expand the server, unless there isn't going to be that many to begin with, then I misunderstood the question, sorry :p

Only 5 utilities per skill origins :p

Back