• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Valour of Might Online [MMORPG] 2D

Evil Mark

Reaction score
Currently I'm looking for a team to resume my project: Valour of Might Online. It's a custom game based on custom sprites that runs on a javascript client built into the website. The sprites have been developed by Kamil Stiffler aka Li Dao. Which is a Spriter who has won 3 tibian contest. Today Kamil has 3 of his sprites implemented in real tibia, 2 of which I can remember in my head are Orc's Jaw Shredder and Nightmare Doll.

I've decided that this project will run with a built in client in the website, just as tibia.com. But without flash, using javascript only for best performance. This will give us the advantages of not having our sprites stolen/released and the advantage of not having players worried about keyloggers being stored within the client.

During 2 years now, we have been developing sprites in form of dolls, tiles, accessories, equipment, outfits, monsters and alot of other stuff up till now and we have a storage of 500+ sprites. It's time for us to get a team to further develope this project!

Teaser, don't want to show off too much.

Player Outfits
Sorcerer Outfit
Knight Outfit

We need a:

0/1 Hoster (As a Hoster you also have to contribute with more than just hosting, you need experience.)
0/2 C++ coders
2/3 Lua coders
0/1 A PHP coder

Mappers are not needed, our map has in detail been developed for 2 years and has a size of 67mb with 10+ cities & 130 spawns+.

As a project developer, each and everyone developing has the right to get a copy of the datapack when the project is completed. That means I will prevent leakage and assemble and store all the files on my own computer untill we finally decide this project is ready for hosting.

I want proper applications, meaning you have to fill in your:

Name:
Languages:
Experience:
Why we should pick you:
Sample of your work:
How active will you be?:

Last edited:
Name: Yoshua Urioste
What job you want: I wish to script aswell as sprite if possible
Languages: English, Spanish
Experience: I've been part of many projects including, Jigen, Camual, and many more ^.^
Why we should pick you: I am extremely active aswell as very creative, and I can promise to follow your every deamn
How active will you be?: I can spare about 5-6 hours on weekdays and all day on the weekend

Name: Yoshua Urioste
What job you want: I wish to script aswell as sprite if possible
Languages: English, Spanish
Experience: I've been part of many projects including, Jigen, Camual, and many more ^.^
Why we should pick you: I am extremely active aswell as very creative, and I can promise to follow your every deamn
How active will you be?: I can spare about 5-6 hours on weekdays and all day on the weekend

Show me a sample of one of your scripts and while you're at it, I could also watch a sprite.

I would have applied as a mapper but that position isn't needed :( Looks pretty cool though, epic sprites.

Either way if you need a mapper in the end I'll probably be available

Name: Alex
What job you want: Mapping position (when needed)
Languages: English
Experience: My personal mapping thread, Evora project, E7
Keep in mind that the 2 projects (Evora and E7) some pieces are not by me as we had more than 1 mapper.
Why we should pick you: I have an eye for detail & perfection. I have a lot of experience with level editing (mapping), particularly Remere's. I'm friendly, I'm active often.
Sample of your work: My personal mapping thread
How active will you be?: I'm online Monday-Friday, typically offline on Saturday and Sunday as I have a girlfriend, if things came up I'd give notice,
other than that I could map 3 hours a day atleast (Mon-Fri).

Note: This application is for future purposes as you don't need a mapper as of now.

Last edited:
cc_zps0d5edd76.jpg

Picklocking System
Description : When the picklock (set id to your comfort) is used on a closed
door there is a XX% that the door will be unlocked or that your pick will break
and the door remain Locked

Actions.xml
Lua:
<action itemid="5941" event="script" value="picklocksystem1.lua"/>

PicklockingSystem.lua
Lua:
---Picklock System
--By XPRIMEX
--A HUUUUUGE thanks to Evan
-- Edit The Ids to your pleasure :P

function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
		local chance = math.random (1,100)
		if item.itemid == 5941 and itemEx.itemid == 1213 then
			if itemEx.actionid == 1213 then
				if chance <= 50 then
					doTransformItem (itemEx.uid, 1214) ---Door Id
					doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "The door has been unlocked !")
					else
					doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "You failed to pick the lock and broken your pick in the attempt.")
					doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5941, 1)
				end
			end
		end
		return true
	end

thanks for helping me out Evan :p

- - - How To Use It :- - -

Place action id 1213 on the item you put in this line :
Lua:
if item.itemid == 5941 and itemEx.itemid == 1213 ---Here

Change this to make the picklocking easire/harder
Lua:
if chance <= 90 then

the doors will relock after it is closed.

Sorry XPRIMEX, I'm looking for something a bit more advanced.

Custom client is based on otclient, or? Do you guys planning to stay as own game, like for example Zezenia, or just a advanced open tibia server with lots of own sprites? Is that a commercial project(are you planning to have a profit), or just a hobby to work on in spare time?

I'm still thinking about the client part, so far I'm only able to login to the project myself as I haven't found a safe way to store the sprites in either otclient or tibia client. The server is a commercial project and a hobby

Good luck bro! This looks like a potentially epic project. If it pulls through, i will play it (and i never play servers anymore).

Name: Stefan A. Brannfjell

What job you want: Supporting PHP

Languages: English, Norwegian.

Experience: Basic classes, procedural PHP, safe CRUD handling.

Why we should pick you: I can help keeping the framework up to date and validate php code for etc security holes before running it in an production environment.

Sample of your work: Retro AAC (not released: http://faloria.eu), and Znote AAC: http://otland.net/f118/znote-aac-1-3-forgotten-server-0-2-13- forgotten-server-0-3-6-0-4-a-166722/

How active will you be?: Inactive. I will be available on skype once in a while to check on this, tho if you demand much activity from the PHP developer, its best to get someone with more time, and leave me as a small supporting PHP role to check things out once in a while.
I got slightly interested in this project, and wish to help you when I can. Tho I am a busy man. :)

Hmmm I guess I might recommned Znote :p

Why?
He's already stated he has little interest in the project and will only be there to help with faults in the server etc. Therefore I don't think he is suitable for the job. Thats my opinion, though.

I've decided that this project will run with a built in client in the website, just as tibia.com. This will give us the advantages of not having our sprites stolen/released and the advantage of not having players worried about keyloggers being stored within the client.

Back