• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Very Simple basic sprites

Bredaase

Programming Newb
Reaction score
Hey! I am currently developing my own rpg game which is inspired by Tibia but isn't going to be a copy. It will have its own individual touch. However, long story short I am just a programmer and I dont know anything about making sprites or artwork at all. So today I took a few minutes and made my first sprites. I know that they aren't good but maybe the skilled artists can give me some advice. They are supposed to be wooden weapons :D

craF5vA.png
HFsWB6a.png
L88hpgt.png
3os58kF.png

Now feel free to insult my Tibia 1.0 art :D

Compare to Cipsofts first sprite and you'll see that they are not bad

Compare to Cipsofts first sprite and you'll see that they are not bad

Well, I always try to compare myself with what I want to achieve. I think that when cipsoft made their sprites people had different expectations so I am trying to fit into the expectations of the "modern" gamer. However, I am thankful for your opinion I've never seen it from that point of view :)

It's not bad at all actually but the bow could have a better shape.

Indeed, I will rework the bow and make some new sprites since it was actually kinda fun :p

Edit:

6S7LBla.png

gxE4wjN.png
SqY756t.png
NTC0MgS.png

Last edited:
I'm pretty terrible at making sprites, but haven't made one for a long time, and I wanted to try and shade your armor. Turned out pretty terrabad, but sharing it here anyway
leatherarmor.png

At least it looks more 3D now and not like made with paint :p Just don't try too hard man.

8z8cfooe.png
was bored and made this just for fun :D Im not posting it because I think that it looks good but because I like the idea of it

dude these sprites are AWESOME!!!! something about them brings back old tibia feel. i like ur style. keep it up :) :) :)

The bow, I'd say, is the most rigid and simple looking, perhaps making it more curvy as opposed to having 1 angle break in the middle could help make it feel better.
The axe has a peculiar shape, which is neat, and the sword is pretty basic and solid.
However, the latest armor you posted seems to be going in a great direction!

I'd recommend making the sprites lighter over-all, introducing maybe 2 more lighter shades in the color palette you're using, since they seem rather dark right now.
On the armor, the little details near the neck area (buttons and stuff), seem to be way lighter than the rest, which makes them look bad, it would be nicer if the contrast was not too high between their color and the color of the armor, so that they blend into the design nicely.
Other than that, it is already visible that you're progressing.

Keep going :)

Back