• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

Hey hello! I am following your tutorial like many others, and also I am encountering some cool problems.

First of all; I keep getting a red message when I try to edit anything on the website. . Failed to recognize your IP address. (Not a valid IPv4 address).
Still cannot solve that problem.
Next: I cannot log in to my own tibia client. Account does not exist? But I can log in to the website with that same account number and password?

Direct link to my help thread: Problems with putting server online and Znote AAC

Thanks in advance!

yo znote, i finally solved my problems, now i can get into the server i got the web etc etc, but when i tryed to log in with another pc, a weird thing hapens, i put 1/1 for opening the account manager and it logs in normally but when i press to log in into the account manager account it says he can not connect (error 10061) its like i can enter to the mysql/db but i cant log into the game. And i have 7171-7172, 80 ports opened on my router. any idea bro?

Hey hello! I am following your tutorial like many others, and also I am encountering some cool problems.

First of all; I keep getting a red message when I try to edit anything on the website. . Failed to recognize your IP address. (Not a valid IPv4 address).
Still cannot solve that problem.
Next: I cannot log in to my own tibia client. Account does not exist? But I can log in to the website with that same account number and password?

Direct link to my help thread: Problems with putting server online and Znote AAC

Thanks in advance!

You are using OTServ (0.6.3) engine? I havent tested how Znote AAC works there.
Also, you need to make sure its written encryption or password type = sha1 in config.lua. (This way you can login on tibia client with Znote AAC made/converted accounts)

"Failed to recognize your IP address. (Not a valid IPv4 address)."
- I will put it on my TODO-list to disable IP verification, should be fixed in next release. Do you get the same issue when you connect using 127.0.0.1? (I am assuming you are using localhost).
This issue never occurred to me, and it appears to only occur to a few people trying to set up website, not for people visiting site over the internet, so prior is a bit down.

yo znote, i finally solved my problems, now i can get into the server i got the web etc etc, but when i tryed to log in with another pc, a weird thing hapens, i put 1/1 for opening the account manager and it logs in normally but when i press to log in into the account manager account it says he can not connect (error 10061) its like i can enter to the mysql/db but i cant log into the game. And i have 7171-7172, 80 ports opened on my router. any idea bro?

Make sure you have written your global numberic IP in config.lua (See your global IP here: http://otland.net/ip.php )

If you only want to host the OT for LAN then you need to write the local IP to your comp in config.lua, and the other computer in the same LAN network need to write that local IP in the IP changer.

Last edited:
Also, you need to make sure its written encryption or password type = sha1 in config.lua. (This way you can login on tibia client with Znote AAC made/converted accounts)

- I will put it on my TODO-list to disable IP verification, should be fixed in next release. Do you get the same issue when you connect using 127.0.0.1? (I am assuming you are using localhost).
This issue never occurred to me, and it appears to only occur to a few people trying to set up website, not for people visiting site over the internet, so prior is a bit down.

Yes, I am using the OTserv 0.6.3 engine. Reason is actually that I didnt want any other engine. Is there a possibility to change this still? :eek:

I have changed the sha1 encryption for the password. Both the config.lua file and in the database, like you did in your tutorial.
About the IP verification; I have tried both the localhost and 127.0.0.1, and with both I keep getting this issue.

Thanks allot for your reaction!! I will keep trying to get it working myself, but if there is anyone willing to help, just send me a private message or post in my thread :)

Make sure you have written your global numberic IP in config.lua (See your global IP here: http://otland.net/ip.php )

If you only want to host the OT for LAN then you need to write the local IP to your comp in config.lua, and the other computer in the same LAN network need to write that local IP in the IP changer.

already did that yesterday, u know what was the problem? that after chaning lua i didnt reset the server xD! thanks znote ill keep doing it, now ill try to put the ot on my own server that i have on my house (HP PROLIANT dl380 g5)

Last edited:
Hi Znote,

Great tutorial but I'm stuck at the same place as zirra:
Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
[29/08/2012 04:50:14] > ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SQLite which doesn't require any connection.

I have no Antivirus and the FW is disabled.
It also doesn't matter if I use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" in the databasconfig in MySQL and config.lua (TheForgottenServer)

Any idé?

Cheers,
Zowie

Hi Znote,

Great tutorial but I'm stuck at the same place as zirra:

I have no Antivirus and the FW is disabled.
It also doesn't matter if I use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" in the databasconfig in MySQL and config.lua (TheForgottenServer)

Any idé?

Cheers,
Zowie
yoyo!! it hapened to me too!! cus i putted 120.0.0.1 when i was doing the sql config, so in the lua u also have to put 127.0.0.1 !!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have one question znote, when i did myself god, i loged ingame and i had 0 cap, i added 5000 cap on the sql but even with 500 or any number it keeps saying on tibia that i have 0 cap!

- - - Updated - - -

also i cant make any spell with the gm

yoyo!! it hapened to me too!! cus i putted 120.0.0.1 when i was doing the sql config, so in the lua u also have to put 127.0.0.1 !!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have one question znote, when i did myself god, i loged ingame and i had 0 cap, i added 5000 cap on the sql but even with 500 or any number it keeps saying on tibia that i have 0 cap!

- - - Updated - - -

also i cant make any spell with the gm

Can you do GM commands?
I don't think GMs on TFS 0.2 can carry stuff or cast spells. They are GMs, not players.

so how can i make a player start with x items? liek chaning all his items bp etc

You edit firstitems.lua
\data\creaturescripts\scripts\firstitems.lua

I might release a better firstitems.lua script which is more user friendly than that default script.

Last edited:

I never used "120.0.0.1".
IP 127.0.0.1 the same as "Localhost". 127.0.0.1 is the PC own local IPadress.

Znote,
Any idé for my problem?

Cheers,
Zowie

ye my mistake i wanted to put 127.0.0.1 what i tryed to say is that u need to put on both sql and config.lua the same, if u put on one side localhost then u gotta do the same for the other and same other way with 127.0.0.1 , that error hapeened to me and i solved it like this ;)

- - - Updated - - -

You edit firstitems.lua
\data\creaturescripts\scripts\firstitems.lua

I might release a better firstitems.lua script which is more user friendly than that default script.

:).

Last edited:
ye my mistake i wanted to put 127.0.0.1 what i tryed to say is that u need to put on both sql and config.lua the same, if u put on one side localhost then u gotta do the same for the other and same other way with 127.0.0.1 , that error hapeened to me and i solved it like this ;)

Ah, okey :)
Well I have tried both.

Exampel:
MySQL: localhost
config.lua: localhost

and

MySQL: 127.0.0.1
config.lua: 127.0.0.1

Try to use your global IP address:)
I had the same problem, using that ip solved it.

Thank you Bosjesman! but i didn't work ><
But I got it to work now, I just re-did all (since I changed the ports and I had IIS installed which I thought I already uninstalled).

But got I got another problem, I can login to my account and see my char:
SelectChar.JPG
But when I press OK I get this:
ConnectionFailed.JPG

Any idé? :)

Thank you Bosjesman! but i didn't work ><
But I got it to work now, I just re-did all (since I changed the ports and I had IIS installed which I thought I already uninstalled).

But got I got another problem, I can login to my account and see my char:
View attachment 15861
But when I press OK I get this:
View attachment 15862

Any idé? :)

You need to write the IP in config.lua as well. (numberic IP, global I assume).

You need to write the IP in config.lua as well. (numberic IP, global I assume).

Were, here?
Code:
-- MySQL
	mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"

I've tried with my Global IP (but I dynamic IP) so I tried with my DNS but it still won't work =/

Last edited:
same happened to me, if u read the forsts post second page or so i had same problem remember always to restart the server if u change anything in config.lua!

same happened to me, if u read the forsts post second page or so i had same problem remember always to restart the server if u change anything in config.lua!
Ah, I see! Thank you, I'll try that :)

But I had to restart the server (got problem with my NIC after I encrypted my 10TB Raid5) and now it says that port 443 is in use:
1.JPG
And here is what that process is:
2.JPG
3.JPG

I have used Google but now I'm out of ides...

If I want to change from port 443 to something else, were and what have I to change in the configuration for it to work (and I know 443 is SSL). I'm aware on a few places were I have to make the change but I just want to make sure I have "covered" all the places.

Cheers,
Zew

Last edited:
Ah, I see! Thank you, I'll try that :)

But I had to restart the server (got problem with my NIC after I encrypted my 10TB Raid5) and now it says that port 443 is in use:
View attachment 15864
And here is what that process is:
View attachment 15865
View attachment 15866

I have used Google but now I'm out of ides...

If I want to change from port 443 to something else, were and what have I to change in the configuration for it to work (and I know 443 is SSL). I'm aware on a few places were I have to make the change but I just want to make sure I have "covered" all the places.

Cheers,
Zew

The only thing i can say u is that same happened to me yesterday, and that skype was using some ports that uniform server needed to work. So maybe try to close as many program as u can.

Back