• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

Could somebody help me?
I made a thread on Uniform server's Support site (forum)
Wrong start? - MySQL - The Uniform Server Community
Thank you!
(You can answer in here too!)

Happend to me too for some reason. I just start apache2 and mysql manually. (I posted a bit more detailed on the uniserver forum).

Note that uniform servers url to phpmyadmin is not /phpmyadmin, but /us_phpmyadmin

hello i have a problem with the game is part of special folder localhost / special gives me such a thing You do not have permission to access / on this server special ..
Use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

I'm bored and looking through OtLand, but when I'm going to watch this video, your microphone sound is really low, I have max on both YouTube and my computer, I usually have to lower the sound on YouTube for some, just saying... Higher your microphone sound :)
Thanks and yeah I will try to increase the quality. Its still kinda awkward for me to talk in a room alone, and I ended up making annoying smuttering sounds and all went crazy. x) I ended up talking silently for some reason. (+ the fact mic volume was not at peak).

http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/AlohaaMense/media/otlandhelp_zpsc9c20a0d.png.html
otlandhelp_zpsc9c20a0d.png

Someone know how to fix this ?
You need to open ports in your router etc. But you don't need to think about that until later when you are ready to open the OT for public.

Hm, I'm feeling silly but I've followed your guide throughout and I've got both the otserv user on phpmyadmin as well as importing the forgottenserver.sql file.

I've also replaced this in config.lua:

-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "otserv"
mysqlPass = "thepasswordihave"
mysqlDatabase = "otserv"
mysqlPort = 3306

-- SQL
sqlType = "mysql"
passwordType = "sha1"

Yet it still says failed to connect to database, as in the part where you went through adding the part under "-- MySQL", but I've written them all out just like they should be. Do you know what could be wrong? I'm using the latest 9.80-9.86 TFS, a fresh install.

I have problem, when i execute The Forgotten Server.exe in Loading Config this application close. If i use de sqlite the application open normal.

looking that screen:
error.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Yep, as title says.

46 minutes of my sexy voice <3

720p or 1080p for good quality! + fullscreen
[video=youtube_share;AsyxPhDTOcI]http://youtu.be/AsyxPhDTOcI[/video]
Enjoy.
i have this error
"Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)"
i dont have any xampp programs and my firewall is closed and still same thing
i just noticed that when i dont edit the config.lua and just open it works so it must be from it

Hi Znote,

I've gotten as far as 11: 35...
So, the server runs when it is sqlite and plain.
But when I change it to mysql and sha1 and then run the server, I don't get an error.
Instead it just ( see picture )

and then closes...Problemo.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, switched local host to 127.0.0.1 and it worked

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'nickname' in 'where clause'

SELECT `id` FROM (`accounts`) WHERE `nickname` = 'Boogie'

help?

Hey, im at the part of your video tutorial where we edit the IPN.. How do i know my website url to use? only way i know how to access the site is by typing localhost and i know that wont work for everyone.
Im really new to this and Ive completed everything youve showed me! :) I just need to figure out how to get a web adress.. idk how :(

Last edited:
I would like to ask about security.
In previous version of your tutorial you dedicated huge part to security panel ( where you advice to change about 7 passwords)
I this version there is nothing about security panel.
You only change one password on the very beggining?
Is it enough? I just want to ensure that my server is safe.
is there sth like security panel in this version of uniServer?
Thanks =)

The tutorial is super but !!

Does anyone know where I can change the Position when you die?
I cann't find it in Phpmyadmin

Ty !!

@koningbart : They should be teleported to the temple id the character got when they die.

Hm, I'm feeling silly but I've followed your guide throughout and I've got both the otserv user on phpmyadmin as well as importing the forgottenserver.sql file.

I've also replaced this in config.lua:

-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "otserv"
mysqlPass = "thepasswordihave"
mysqlDatabase = "otserv"
mysqlPort = 3306

-- SQL
sqlType = "mysql"
passwordType = "sha1"

Yet it still says failed to connect to database, as in the part where you went through adding the part under "-- MySQL", but I've written them all out just like they should be. Do you know what could be wrong? I'm using the latest 9.80-9.86 TFS, a fresh install.

Try To Change Localhost with 127.0.0.1

500 Internal Server Error Please Help I cant Get the Install PAge to Start the Acc install process whats wrong

So far all I did was unzip the files add to the www and open a IE to view Localhost but shows up 500 internal server error

127.0.0.1 - - [09/Sep/2013:13:00:24 -0700] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 535
127.0.0.1 - - [09/Sep/2013:13:02:18 -0700] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 535
127.0.0.1 - - [09/Sep/2013:13:02:19 -0700] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 535
127.0.0.1 - - [09/Sep/2013:13:02:19 -0700] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 535

Hello!
Have followed your tutorial and it worked great, exept for one thing!

I manage to get the server so i could login. then when i restarted it i got this errors

[10/09/2013 18:54:23] mysql_real_query(): SELECT `id` FROM `tiles` WHERE `x` = 182 AND `y` = 373 AND `z` = 6 AND `world_id` = 0 LIMIT 1 - MYSQL ERROR: Table 'brockmynt.tiles' doesn't exist (1146)

And there is not only one, this message is spamming for around 5 min. then it says that the server is up. but i cannot login or anything so i guess i have to deal with this error first. Any suggestion how i can fix this? and why is it appering? :/
Im pretty new about this so :p

Thanks / Bryggis

When I try tot start apache as a program i get the following error:
Unable to start Apache Server

I'm running windows server 2003 R2 Standard edition.

Coral version 8_9_2

Hey everybody, hope you are all doing fine.
I have a funny thing going on, when I do all the steps with the users/database I get some variations. Don't have any problems using the localhost or the 127.0.0.1 to connect, also don't have any problems when I use the 'root' user and 'password' I assigned to the uniform server at the installation, it connects right away to my database without any problems, but when I use the created user (same as database name) and use the password (generated automatically/copy/paste) it doesn't connect. I followed all the steps and it's kind of strange. I changed the password for the user/database several times just to make sure I was typing/copying the password right. But no success. Still like I said It connects just fine if I use the 'root' and 'assigned password at uniserv installation'. All ports fowarded, it's accessible from the internet and everything else working fine, so just this problem up to now.

Hope someone can give some light to this issue :)

EDIT:
Seems none of the privileges where selected, now that I placed some, it's working just fine. One more question do, what privileges should be selected to make a secure service not granting all privilages as root but so it still works 100%. Up to now I selected the first two rows (everything from DATA and STRUCTURE, but none from ADMINISTRATION) it's this fine?
Thanks

Using Coral 892, Is it still recommended to rename/remove the root user or will this affect the uniform server structure, also does PMA still need to be fixed to make it secure or is it already secured in this version (been away a long time just want to make sure) =)

Last edited:
first of all thanks for caring and formaking this great video.

The first problem that i had was when i clicked on "server status", a windows appeared saying that the file MSVCR100.dll was missing and i had to install it in order to use the program, i looked up on google and i had to install Visual C++ Redistributable Package , after it i clicked again and no meesage appeared this time, but the program keeps thinking like on the image below, and can't continue cus it will never show the info.

View attachment 15747

- - - Updated - - -

now when i press "server status" nothing happens :(
i have the same problem , how did you fixed it ?

than i go to my ip adress i go to my router , what should i do to fix it?

Hey everybody, hope you are all doing fine.
I have a funny thing going on, when I do all the steps with the users/database I get some variations. Don't have any problems using the localhost or the 127.0.0.1 to connect, also don't have any problems when I use the 'root' user and 'password' I assigned to the uniform server at the installation, it connects right away to my database without any problems, but when I use the created user (same as database name) and use the password (generated automatically/copy/paste) it doesn't connect. I followed all the steps and it's kind of strange. I changed the password for the user/database several times just to make sure I was typing/copying the password right. But no success. Still like I said It connects just fine if I use the 'root' and 'assigned password at uniserv installation'. All ports fowarded, it's accessible from the internet and everything else working fine, so just this problem up to now.

Hope someone can give some light to this issue :)

EDIT:
Seems none of the privileges where selected, now that I placed some, it's working just fine. One more question do, what privileges should be selected to make a secure service not granting all privilages as root but so it still works 100%. Up to now I selected the first two rows (everything from DATA and STRUCTURE, but none from ADMINISTRATION) it's this fine?
Thanks

Using Coral 892, Is it still recommended to rename/remove the root user or will this affect the uniform server structure, also does PMA still need to be fixed to make it secure or is it already secured in this version (been away a long time just want to make sure) =)
Hmm, when creating a user you should be able to select a box "Create a database with same name as user and grant all priviledges". This should give the user full access only to the database that has same name as the username.
i have the same problem , how did you fixed it ?

Try using the latest Uniserver Zero instead of coral
http://sourceforge.net/projects/miniserver/files/UniServer Zero/10_2_5_Zero/Zero_10_2_5.exe/download

Back