• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

HELP!!!

Need your help...I have done everything on your tutorial up until you go online and create your player on your own account.
I can create the actual account but after putting in the answers to the questions it says that a player already exists.

What have I done wrong or missed?

hmm
Did I understand well - you can't set option of buying points via sms on Znote Acc? It's primary source of OTS profits, so what's the points of using Znote ACC?
My bad I've read that week after starting my otserver. It sucks really :/

Nice video!

However i can't figure out how to fix the following: When i try to log in as you did around 15:50, i get the message that "The temple location is wrong. Contact with the administration"

Im certain that the config XYZ coordinates are fine.. Any help regarding this problem is appreciated

Nice video!

However i can't figure out how to fix the following: When i try to log in as you did around 15:50, i get the message that "The temple location is wrong. Contact with the administration"

Im certain that the config XYZ coordinates are fine.. Any help regarding this problem is appreciated

In RME map editor, make sure the town ID and coordinates are correct as well (CTRL + T). And that the player have correct town ID.

You need to edit Znote AAC config.php with correct town ID and names according to the map of your OT server.

Last edited:
when I enable paypal I get this message on my website:

php cURL is not enabled. It is required to for paypal or captcha services.
1. Find your php.ini file.
2. Uncomment extension=php_curl
Restart web server.

If you don't want this then disable paypal & use_captcha in config.php.

when I enable paypal I get this message on my website:

php cURL is not enabled. It is required to for paypal or captcha services.
1. Find your php.ini file.
2. Uncomment extension=php_curl
Restart web server.

If you don't want this then disable paypal & use_captcha in config.php.
It tells you exactly what to do.

Hey,
I manage to make an account ok, but when trying to make a character for that account, I get this:
string(746) "INSERT INTO `players`(`name`, `group_id`, `account_id`, `level`, `vocation`, `health`, `healthmax`, `experience`, `lookbody`, `lookfeet`, `lookhead`, `looklegs`, `looktype`, `lookaddons`, `maglevel`, `mana`, `manamax`, `manaspent`, `soul`, `town_id`, `posx`, `posy`, `posz`, `conditions`, `cap`, `sex`, `lastlogin`, `lastip`, `save`, `skull`, `skulltime`, `rank_id`, `guildnick`, `lastlogout`, `blessings`, `direction`, `loss_experience`, `loss_mana`, `loss_skills`, `premend`, `online`, `balance`) VALUES ('Finkelz', '1', '2', '8', '1', '185', '185', '4200', '68', '76', '78', '58', '128', '0', '0', '40', '40', '0', '100', '1', '95', '117', '7', '', '470', '1', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '', '0', '0', '0', '10', '10', '10', '0', '0', '0');"
(query - SQL error)
Type: voidQuery (voidQuery is used for update, insert or delete from database)

Thread stack overrun: 8688 bytes used of a 131072 byte stack, and 128000 bytes needed. Use 'mysqld --thread_stack=#' to specify a bigger stack.

Any idea why?

~ EDIT ~
After reading a great answer on Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8821575/mysql-error-1436-thread-stack-overrun-with-simple-query

You can do this: Locate my.ini file inside the UniServerZ folder, CORE folder, MYSQL.
There will be a line like this: thread_stack = 128k
I deleted this and character was created fine.
Untill next problem...

Last edited:
Hey Guys! I've folloed all the steps in the tutorial. Server is up and running. Website is up and everything works up to the shop. i can enter the buy points tab. but when i try to enter the shop offer tab i get this error.

Buy Points system disabled.
Sorry, this functionality is disabled.

as i said, the buy points tab works but i can't access the shop offer tab??!
Help please :)

And big up to Znote to an awesome guide ! :)

EDIT: i've enabled php cURL and restarted server, buy still shop offer tab doesn't work.
Think it's strange that buy points work and paypal but not the shop offer? :s

Try to look in config.php at the shop part.
PHP:
$config['shop'] = array(
        'enabled' => true,
        'loginToView' => true, // Do user need to login to see the shop offers?
        'enableShopConfirmation' => true, // Verify that user wants to buy with popup
        'useDB' => false, // Fetch offers from database, or the below config array
        'showImage' => true,
        'imageServer' => 'items.znote.eu',
        'imageType' => 'gif',
    );

Make sure the enabled is set to true.
Let me know if it works

Hello guys I got the next problem:

This tutorial made me perfect way to set up my server. What's the move? Now I am paying a online Website with its own database. I linked the database with the website and it's working. The question is how to run the server on my computer, localhost, but link that with the online database/website.

Can somebody help me?

Hey,
I manage to make an account ok, but when trying to make a character for that account, I get this:

Any idea why?

~ EDIT ~
After reading a great answer on Stackoverflow: MySQL error 1436: Thread stack overrun, with simple query

You can do this: Locate my.ini file inside the UniServerZ folder, CORE folder, MYSQL.
There will be a line like this: thread_stack = 128k
I deleted this and character was created fine.
Untill next problem...

Having the exact same problem but.. the fix doesn't work :/

Anyone know what it could be? I've tried to "Use 'mysqld --thread_stack=#' to specify a bigger stack." aswell..

Edit: Nvm, seventh attempt it worked.¨

edit2: While bumped, if you read this @Znote perhaps you want to put this on page 1.. it's a very common thing to occur as far as I can see browsing this thread, and I have had the problem every time setting up a new server.. and have had to browse this thread from 1-20 page every time to find it ;)

This:

Code:
CREATE TABLE `guild_wars` (
`id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`guild_id` INT NOT NULL,
`enemy_id` INT NOT NULL,
`begin` BIGINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`end` BIGINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`frags` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`payment` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`guild_kills` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`enemy_kills` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`status` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `status` (`status`),
KEY `guild_id` (`guild_id`), KEY `enemy_id` (`enemy_id`),
FOREIGN KEY (`guild_id`) REFERENCES `guilds`(`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE,
FOREIGN KEY (`enemy_id`) REFERENCES `guilds`(`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB;

to be used before copy n pasting the Znote AAC installment

Last edited:
So I have an issue.

I can't enable the shop. It gives me an error about cURL. I don't have a file named php.ini and I checked another file named init.php. I found something about cURL in there. I deleted the code regarding it and it allows the shop to work, but then breaks the registration. I have no idea why.

EDIT:

I also have an issue with the highscores page duplicating characters on the page.

Last edited:
So I have an issue.

I can't enable the shop. It gives me an error about cURL. I don't have a file named php.ini and I checked another file named init.php. I found something about cURL in there. I deleted the code regarding it and it allows the shop to work, but then breaks the registration. I have no idea why.

EDIT:

I also have an issue with the highscores page duplicating characters on the page.

You mean NPC Trade-window shuts down in middle of trading? If so, same problem here.. no solution yet.

Back