• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[VIDEOTUTORIAL] Learning how to compile TFS 1.5 on Windows (8.60 downgraded by Nekiro)

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi, I recently helped a member of otland @IsseB to compile it's server. So I decided to record the process, because it was the perfect moment to make this tutorial. It is not planificated, it's just me working on the video. But with the video-editions, I did some cuts and accelerated some parts to make it the most clear as possible. Had to attach youtube music into it to avoid copyright stuff...

As I said, this recording wasn't focused to be a tutorial since it was a teamviewer session, but I guess that after looking to it you should learn to:
  • Install Visual Studio Community 2022 on D:/ folder
  • Install vcpkg with gitbash at D:/ folder
  • Understand how to compile the forgotten server (8.60 downgraded by nekiro).
  • Understand how to solve some schema errors that might occur using SQL queries.
  • Clean-up the console errors and merging content in our datapack.
Finally have to say I used the following repository, special thanks to @Nekiro

You can also take a look to this repository if you're looking up for more 8.6 active forks ;)

The date of this recording was 5/1/2022. There's changes that might occur on github repositories but that won't impact on the instructions of the video. Hope this helps lots of people, Regards!

@IsseB I'd suggest changing your password / username for database, as the video does show it in plain-text while you're setting up the config.lua
Just to be safe.

--
Hope this video helps some people tho. :)

Thanks, everything works fine, but there is one problem. After granting god permissions, commands such as /i /m /s ..
It shows no error anywhere, so I don't know what's going on

EDIT:
Never mind, I forgot to set typeID to 6 😂

Last edited:
Gyazo (https://gyazo.com/cc437ae22c771a079991458963e54666)

I'm dealing with this issue.. can't download Microsoft.Net.4.8.KB5003304

Not sure, but I guess this is related to a corrupted file on NetFramework. Try running Microsoft NET.Framework Repair Tool Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135) Also take a look into this troubleshooting if there's another cause you can recognize Troubleshooting installing the .NET Framework (https://gist.github.com/richlander/6d4d9bca4dc4ff00d7c801e5d217ce5e)

Not sure, but I guess this is related to a corrupted file on NetFramework. Try running Microsoft NET.Framework Repair Tool Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135) Also take a look into this troubleshooting if there's another cause you can recognize Troubleshooting installing the .NET Framework (https://gist.github.com/richlander/6d4d9bca4dc4ff00d7c801e5d217ce5e)
Thanks for the quick answer.
Sadly, i tried the repair-tool and also looked for the other possible solutions. Unfortunately nothing worked for me :/

I'm really grateful for your help and your kindness.
There is a lot of work to do but you saved me hours of work.

Thanks, you are a kind man.

I cant create any items, monsters or broadcast with the god. Like there was something wrong with the group id
Any idea? (with the command teleport /a, I cannot go trough the walls)

Already solved it - change account type id

Last edited:
I cant create any items, monsters or broadcast with the god. Like there was something wrong with the group id
group id 6 account type 6 and check if your groups.xml is filled with info, nekiro for some reason made it blank at 8.0

This tutorial is oriented to compiling only, and not for datapack creation.
Check this github repository if you wish to find more scripts (specifically for talkactions in this case)

hmnoooooooooooooo!! chileno
ajajjaja no te lo puedo creer
awante wn, la dura q awante cabros como tú, q me reí wn xDDDD te andaba sapeando el perfil
This tutorial is oriented to compiling only, and not for datapack creation.
Check this github repository if you wish to find more scripts (specifically for talkactions in this case)

So first off I would like to say this video is gold. It made compiling simple and gave a little explanation on why some issues come up and how to fix them. I am curious tho on why downloading the newer tfs and then downgrading it to match the 8.6 client is so popular? What are the pros an cons to doing this? I used this video to compile 1.4.2. Due to it being the most recent release on github. And why don't I see tfs 1.5 on the otland/tfs git hub?

So first off I would like to say this video is gold. It made compiling simple and gave a little explanation on why some issues come up and how to fix them. I am curious tho on why downloading the newer tfs and then downgrading it to match the 8.6 client is so popular? What are the pros an cons to doing this? I used this video to compile 1.4.2. Due to it being the most recent release on github. And why don't I see tfs 1.5 on the otland/tfs git hub?

Thanks! I'm very happy to hear it. Tibia 8.6 was the version where bot was more common, or it's best. This protocol has many possible clients to use aswell, as long you don't do .spr/.dat editions, examples are:

• cipsoft client with ipchanger (uses elfbot)
  • otclientv8 (uses vithrax bot)
  • mehah otclient (allow source modification)
etc, etc...

For sure that higher versions are more updated, since they're actively developed. But if you just want less item ids, less things to configure... I personally like this downgrade because of that, is clean for me and that allows to do crazy custom stuff (keeping it simple, without much exceed of code).

Right now Nekiro's repository has been archived. It is now read-only. I've been making a custom fork, if you wish to take a look into it check here:

A little explaination, generally TFS versions are defined by how many tasks/milestones they have achieved, considering newer Tibia features or recent updates. I dont remember well but TFS was about to launch 1.5, by that date, this downgrade was made and Nekiro removed all the newer version source code to left only the features of 8.60 protocol.

Regards!

Thanks! I'm very happy to hear it. Tibia 8.6 was the version where bot was more common, or it's best. This protocol has many possible clients to use aswell, as long you don't do .spr/.dat editions, examples are:

• cipsoft client with ipchanger (uses elfbot)
  • otclientv8 (uses vithrax bot)
  • mehah otclient (allow source modification)
etc, etc...

For sure that higher versions are more updated, since they're actively developed. But if you just want less item ids, less things to configure... I personally like this downgrade because of that, is clean for me and that allows to do crazy custom stuff (keeping it simple, without much exceed of code).

Right now Nekiro's repository has been archived. It is now read-only. I've been making a custom fork, if you wish to take a look into it check here:

A little explaination, generally TFS versions are defined by how many tasks/milestones they have achieved, considering newer Tibia features or recent updates. I dont remember well but TFS was about to launch 1.5, by that date, this downgrade was made and Nekiro removed all the newer version source code to left only the features of 8.60 protocol.

Regards!
I may, It's been a long time since I've messed with any of this stuff. So I was trying to keep things as simple as possible until I get a feel for it agian. Today I managed to get the server compiled, the database and website up an running, and also rme's map editor compiled and running. This github stuff oddly enough is new to me so I'm trying to get a better understanding on how to navigate and utilize it. I'm not sure what forking even means lol all tho I'm sure google will tell me. My next objective is to get a client compiled and working. I was a big fan of 8.6 so that is why I asked about it. And by downgrading does this give you more of the support and or stability from the newer distro vs using something like tfs 0.4? I noticed most of the high rollers around here are only supporting the new stuff nowadays.

I may, It's been a long time since I've messed with any of this stuff. So I was trying to keep things as simple as possible until I get a feel for it agian. Today I managed to get the server compiled, the database and website up an running, and also rme's map editor compiled and running. This github stuff oddly enough is new to me so I'm trying to get a better understanding on how to navigate and utilize it. I'm not sure what forking even means lol all tho I'm sure google will tell me. My next objective is to get a client compiled and working. I was a big fan of 8.6 so that is why I asked about it. And by downgrading does this give you more of the support and or stability from the newer distro vs using something like tfs 0.4? I noticed most of the high rollers around here are only supporting the new stuff nowadays.
Forking is like copying someone's work folder, in your own desktop/desired folder and start modificating it. You can easily fork a repository using GitHub Desktop, and all the changes you make get registered simple by hitting "Commit". They got automatically updated when you change the source code on visual studio.

The main differences from 0.4 is the fact that downgrade let you use the latest code syntaxis, specifically revscriptsys, which is much more simple to install (just by dragging and droping the script in "scripts" folder). It also reads some newer attributes such as monster "skill reductions", among other features that hasn't been removed from the main branch downgrade; but they got good compatibility and can be perfectly stable on 8.60.

In conclusion, revscript is much faster for programmers that's why they support it. You just make one big file for scripts folder instead of making a creaturescript, a lib script, a moveevent script, etc, etc... for the same .lua system. If I have missed something, just add it to the feed ^^

Regards!

Back