• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

War servers Y/N?

Aled

Active Member (probably)
Solutions
Reaction score
Saw a post about this a while back but I would like to reignite the discussion topic.
Why aren't war servers as popular as they used to be? particularly 10.98 war servers:
https://otservlist.org/list-server_type-desc.html
Would anybody like to see a modern war server?
What features would you like to see?

There was a war OT I used to play a lot, and the only way for you make a private account with your own character was to earn I think 30 frags, it was very good, had quests which gave you special items, it was an amazing OT.

MOBA games are popular nowadays, so war servers are less attractive.
Some RPG like servers got high exp which means fast level upping, after few hours of playing you can join a guild and participate in war with other guilds.
Modern war server for me will be like MOBA games - heros, teams, tower, bases.

There was a war OT I used to play a lot, and the only way for you make a private account with your own character was to earn I think 30 frags, it was very good, had quests which gave you special items, it was an amazing OT.
Probably UmbyWAR, back in 2012 I used to play it alot though.

Creating war like event as we speak (Empire Event)
If anyone wants a thrilling PVP experience, wait for Whi World updates.

If anyone wants to improve the event quality before it goes live. Join this discord channel or give your thoughts on upcoming updates I post on my thread:
Whi World

Creating war like event as we speak (Empire Event)
If anyone wants a thrilling PVP experience, wait for Whi World updates.

If anyone wants to improve the event quality before it goes live. Join this discord channel or give your thoughts on upcoming updates I post on my thread:
Whi World

Can you stop advertising it everywhere?

Can you stop advertising it everywhere?
Title of this thread is, war servers yes or no?
People come here to give opinions, suggestions and suggest about current state of OT wars.
I think its a perfect place to suggest that there is going to exist different kind of PVP event.

Why you get so worked up about my post? Every single post here advertises server, even yours..
I only advertise my server where ppl give me reason to do so, but if you still feel like I'm unjustly putting my name out there, make research for me and link me every single post about it.

I'm here to give different opinion for this topic and I happened to be making such an event right now.
Why aren't war servers as popular as they used to be?
Most current war servers are booring, no unique spells, no unique gameplays
"Let the best bot win!" doesn't interest me personally.

But even if war server have unique spells and different gameplay options, they still are dead
(hence the link for Whi World. It has the opportunity to very complex and balanced to have wars on, but yet nobody plays it)

So I guess in the end it doesn't rly matter how good is game, but how many players/bots there are.
This is why spoofed servers "win", more bots = more encounters and most likely easier to win and player feels good about winning.

Would anybody like to see a modern war server?
I don't know that and doesn't look like anybody does.
Once again good reason to link my to my upcoming war event, because this is, in my opinion, most modern as it can get.

What features would you like to see?
As you can see my link leads to bundle of features I would like to see in war servers.

Back