• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weapon types

owned

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
So guys, I'm pretty tired of how there's typically no difference in how clubs, axes, and swords are when it comes to tibia. Nothing to make each of them stand out and make players really decide which one they want to master.
I'm coming to you guys to ask, if you were to play a server what would you like to see added to each in order to make them really stand out and be different?

I know some games treat them as like stabbing, slashing, blunt, etc. which is nice. this would be nice but would require a lot of edits to the way damage is dealt. I know cipsoft is working on something like this because when you look at items in the market in tibia, it shows slashing, etc. on the items. no where else is this visible.

As I am thinking of a good idea to suggest, I have a few things to say. Like Owned there isn't much difference between club, sword, and axes.. just defense and attack. Since most people like to hit more they end up going for the one with most attacking rending the rest of the weapons useless, especially since on most server defense doesn't play a huge role.

There have been some servers where the different weapon types are distinguished by the special effects that comes with them. For example:
Axe= AoE
Sword= Double hit
Club=Stun
There are multiple servers that have a similar system based on what I said, and the thing is that there is still 1 weapon type that is majorly wanted over the rest which is what we want eliminated.

It would be nice if someone could thing of a way where all 3 weapon types would have significance, in a way where all players would not desire the same weapon type.

Just any ideas that seem logical and would somehow fit in with the other 2 would be great, the weapon edits aren't a big deal. There's been more made thus far then will have to be added I'm sure.

well if u were to change swords axes clubs does that mean youd end up changing crossbows and regular bows? because they have tons of different ones for those also

well if u were to change swords axes clubs does that mean youd end up changing crossbows and regular bows? because they have tons of different ones for those also
Well there's a difference, there's actually a small variety of bows/crossbows to choose in comparison to melee weapons, hence why axe club and sword all have separate skills to train.

well theres a pretty big variety in the 9.x+ clients but im pretty sure ur using 8.6 still right, but i was only bringing this up because being able to use different axes swords or clubs for different effects makes it not seem as fair too other distance vocations etc

in my server different weapon types have different attack speed and damage map.
with combination of different equipped items. Specific weapon types get different effects on attack.
Examples: debuffs, higher damage, ignore damage, aoe damage and some cc.

W
in my server different weapon types have different attack speed and damage map.
with combination of different equipped items. Specific weapon types get different effects on attack.
Examples: debuffs, higher damage, ignore damage, aoe damage and some cc.
Effects aren't my concern, I could make any weapon do all kinds of never before seen things. It's the weapon types as a whole, not a single weapon. Weapons naturally are buffed as you go to harder areas and find better drops, etc. I see no reason to add an additional buff to a weapon that already gets one. That system wouldn't work unless you had 400+ weapons. At least not work effectively.

W

Effects aren't my concern, I could make any weapon do all kinds of never before seen things. It's the weapon types as a whole, not a single weapon. Weapons naturally are buffed as you go to harder areas and find better drops, etc. I see no reason to add an additional buff to a weapon that already gets one. That system wouldn't work unless you had 400+ weapons. At least not work effectively.
You maybe missed my point.
Example: armor effect: Your mace weapon has chance on hit to slow target speed by 10. Stacks 20 times.
Your axe weapon has chance on hit to do 20% more damage.
Your sword weapon has chance to take 10% of mana from the damage you just did. (Monsters have mana to cast spells)

This will make weapon types more useful, depending on what is your role in team or what monster you fight with or what you generally just like the most.
I don't need 400+ weapons to make it awesome. I only have 3 different weapon right now. and adding 3 more would simply double combinations.

EDIT: you asked what would you like to see to make weapon types stand out.
I just mentioned how i will weapon types stand out in my server.
You don't have to like my idea.

I think of it this way:
Swords - Lighter weapons which are easier to use to slice weapons so you attack slightly faster than Axes or Clubs
Axes - Extremely sharp weapons which have the chance to slice right through target and hit any nearby monsters. / Extremely sharp weapons which have the chance to leave a deep wound on the opponent leaving them/it to bleed out.
Clubs - Heavier weapons used to smash your opponents, deal extra damaged to armoured people etc etc.

owned can do something like:

Bows - Since people who use bows are usually people who sit afar and such, why not make it like they do a % increased damage or something for how far away they are..? idk
Crossbow - Same as bow, but would be opposite. The closer you are the more damage you do etc.

Hard to find different ideas between Bows and Crossbows.

Just my thought on them :> msg me on skype, I got heaps more ideas.

Guys, I'm shooting for something really unique. Something that's new and different yet can be controlled. Still looking for some more ideas.

Heres a couple ideas for you @owned

--- For club
-
When hitting a player on dirt ground theres a small percent chance that you'll miss and you will also temporarily leave a broken dirt tile where you missed
- Small percent chance of doing a really strong attack making the player rotate 360 degrees doubling the clubs damage but making you hit 20% slower due to exhaustion

--- For axe
-
When close to trees theres a small percent chance that you will chop down the tree, temporarily changing the tree onto a broken tree
- Player is able to physically throw the axe having a high percent chance of missing, but if you do hit you will break the targets spine incapacitating him/her for 10 seconds.

--- For sword
-
Player is able to stab victim in his/hers heart causing them to become really confused over where they are (as you cannot confuse a player over his/hers whereabouts, the player can instead have a exhaustion on 10 seconds) but this has a really small percent chance of happening each hit

--- For bow
-
The further away you are from your target the less damage you will do as the arrow will slow down
- Arrow has a 15% chance of vanishing in thin air when moving 4-5 sqm away from the player towards his/hers target
- Certain percent chance of stunning player

Heres a couple ideas for you @owned

--- For club
-
When hitting a player on dirt ground theres a small percent chance that you'll miss and you will also temporarily leave a broken dirt tile where you missed
- Small percent chance of doing a really strong attack making the player rotate 360 degrees doubling the clubs damage but making you hit 20% slower due to exhaustion

--- For axe
-
When close to trees theres a small percent chance that you will chop down the tree, temporarily changing the tree onto a broken tree
- Player is able to physically throw the axe having a high percent chance of missing, but if you do hit you will break the targets spine incapacitating him/her for 10 seconds.

--- For sword
-
Player is able to stab victim in his/hers heart causing them to become really confused over where they are (as you cannot confuse a player over his/hers whereabouts, the player can instead have a exhaustion on 10 seconds) but this has a really small percent chance of happening each hit

--- For bow
-
The further away you are from your target the less damage you will do as the arrow will slow down
- Arrow has a 15% chance of vanishing in thin air when moving 4-5 sqm away from the player towards his/hers target
- Certain percent chance of stunning player
Now that is some good ass ideas.

I did it on my server like this
(I know that some things here might not be logical, but it was done that way to diversify weapons and split them between different vocation roles):

Swords - Balanced weapon type used by swordsmen, they have less attack and extraDef than axes but more attack and less extraDef than clubs in general, they attack at a mediocre speed, make the enemy bleed.

Subtypes:
Daggers - Much lower damage but huge attack speed, ability to dual wield them.
Two handers - Greater damage and defense but (obviously) can't wear a shield while using them, slower attack speed and more chance for critical strike/bleed.​

Axes - Offensive weapon type used by berserkers, they have more attack than any other type of weapon but they have a really low defense. They usually come with critical strike, lifesteal and speed bursts (+ generate rage and attack speed for berserkers due to their passive)

Subtypes:
Two handers - Greater damage but they weigh a ton, have no defense and slightly less attack speed.
Clubs - Defensive weapon type used by defenders, they have a lower attack than other weapons but come with good amounts of extraDef. They can stun enemies, deal AoE damage and have other defensive special effects with onUseWeapon scripts.

Bows - Less range and damage than crossbows, but more accuracy and attack speed.
Crossbows - Less accuracy and attack speed than bows, but more range and damage.
Spears - Less range than bows & crossbows but no ammunition required (+they don't break)

Wands/Staves/Rods -
Aggressive - They fire projectiles at a target dealing damage.
Supportive - They power up some of your abilities or your character.
Mixed - They both attack and give buffs to your char/abilities.

Sword- Double hit-parry- make bleed
Axe- cleave- 3 sqm wide make bleed w.e
Club- paralyze or else

Or make voc with a good passive with it like voc enchant the typ of weapon like "enchant club" gives extra physical dmg to club or ele dmg poisen etc could be done all

Been talking to @owned and he wants something completely unique that hasn't ever been done before. Making it extremely hard for ideas
I am not using this idea for my server, because I liked my previous one more. (only listed weapontype skills, but I thought external exp for all skills (including, smithing, cooking what is not listed as tibia skills))

Hitting with axe, player get external experience for crit chance and looses a little of other external experiences (not beyond 0)
The higher is your exp, the more chance you have to crit with any weapon.

hitting with sword, player gets hit chance experience and looses a little of other external experiences (not beyond 0)
The higher is your exp, the more chance you have to hit with any weapon.

hitting with mace, player gets external experience to deal aoe damage around hit point and looses a little of other external experiences (not beyond 0)
The higher is your exp, the more chance you have to make aoe damage. And the aoe dmg % depends on crit chance.

I am not using this idea for my server, because I liked my previous one more. (only listed weapontype skills, but I thought external exp for all skills (including, smithing, cooking what is not listed as tibia skills))

Hitting with axe, player get external experience for crit chance and looses a little of other external experiences (not beyond 0)
The higher is your exp, the more chance you have to crit with any weapon.

hitting with sword, player gets hit chance experience and looses a little of other external experiences (not beyond 0)
The higher is your exp, the more chance you have to hit with any weapon.

hitting with mace, player gets external experience to deal aoe damage around hit point and looses a little of other external experiences (not beyond 0)
The higher is your exp, the more chance you have to make aoe damage. And the aoe dmg % depends on crit chance.
Pretty good idea.

I like the idea of a spell that enchants weapons for duration xy could be anything could also be xbows bows and wands enchanted :) the spell could be earned trought quest or very legendary rare to drop or smt xD never seen something like this before in any server

Back