• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any really creative / out of the box OT out there?

babau

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Although this user was created recently I am a very old member of the OT community, dating back to when the original OTServer project started.
I don't know if someone from here remembers but back in the days creating custom OTs was all about the fun and creativity we had within us and I remember that this community was full of completely out of the box and creative ideas, there would always be an OT with concepts we never even seen before and really new.
A very simple example but I remember an OT back in the days that had the flying carpet be an actual flying carpet that took you to the places rather than just a teleport. Not only that but there was so much more wild concepts and ideas to make the game fun, not focusing on the same meta we have today of hunting like a crackhead.

Nowadays when I take a look at the projects I see, even the most "custom" ots are actually just more of the same, its always about the same systems, upgrading equips, rarity, mining, whatever it is, it feels like they are all trying to do the same thing but slightly different, its been a long time that I saw a really out of the box OT that completely surprised me, not the same concepts and systems just being done differently.

Anyone feels the same? Has our true creative mind died now that we are all old fucks? Maybe because we were all teenagers/young back then we flourished so much more with those wild concepts.

Hell, I saw this flying carpet about 14 years ago. It was really cool. After a few years, I never saw that OT again. It was very funny.

Hey guys,
Although this user was created recently I am a very old member of the OT community, dating back to when the original OTServer project started.
I don't know if someone from here remembers but back in the days creating custom OTs was all about the fun and creativity we had within us and I remember that this community was full of completely out of the box and creative ideas, there would always be an OT with concepts we never even seen before and really new.
A very simple example but I remember an OT back in the days that had the flying carpet be an actual flying carpet that took you to the places rather than just a teleport. Not only that but there was so much more wild concepts and ideas to make the game fun, not focusing on the same meta we have today of hunting like a crackhead.

Nowadays when I take a look at the projects I see, even the most "custom" ots are actually just more of the same, its always about the same systems, upgrading equips, rarity, mining, whatever it is, it feels like they are all trying to do the same thing but slightly different, its been a long time that I saw a really out of the box OT that completely surprised me, not the same concepts and systems just being done differently.

Anyone feels the same? Has our true creative mind died now that we are all old fucks? Maybe because we were all teenagers/young back then we flourished so much more with those wild concepts.

Check out Kingdom Age Online:

Attributes, magics with boost (by charging then hold the hotkey), 6 vocations, train/cart system, and so on.

Check out Kingdom Age Online:

Attributes, magics with boost (by charging then hold the hotkey), 6 vocations, train/cart system, and so on.
Holy shit is this the same Kingdom Age of years ago we used to make fun of because it would never release? Maybe its another project with the same name xd

I don't know why the community keeps playing and making those copy paste global servers.

The answer is simple actually.

They think it's an alternative to making a monetized mobile game, requiring less effort than a mobile game while still having the same payout.

That is why the first features you'll see completed on those servers are:
  1. The cash shop with all the P2W items and services you can imagine
  2. Integration with PayPal/Strype/Venmo/Every payment provider in existence
  3. Android client because it's easier to sell "convenience" (P2W) on mobile devices
  4. Everything else...
:)

There is still a lot of project with custom mechanics.
System that was unique in past now are common like flying/ridding/swimming on pokemons in PxG, but there are new ones.

In example you have dungeons generator on Rangers Arcani (Rangers Arcani - Home page. (https://rangersarcani.pl/)) and a lot of cool modules (Ranger's Arcani OTClient showoff (https://otland.net/threads/rangers-arcani-otclient-showoff.269744/)).

There is a jumping system on Naruto Story (Naruto Story – OTS (https://us.narutostory.net/systems.php)).

Grand Line Adventues got Noland Lost Island - arcade game like system (
).

Black Talon got a lot of cool modules too (Blacktalon (https://legacy-blacktalon.com/)):
unlocking_and_imbuing.gif

Training skills by playing mini-game on RotS (Return of the Saiyans:
)

Also here is good topic to see creativity on OTLand:
[OTClient Showoff] Show off your OTClient project/module/UI and other (https://otland.net/threads/otclient-showoff-show-off-your-otclient-project-module-ui-and-other.254460/)

OTS Devs are very creative these days too :)

Same project.
Wow, you even have some of my old screenshots in Gallery from YEARS ago when it opened... Impressive!
I was impressed with this server, I hope I can find some time to log in again.

Back