• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

WebClient

Should I release website client/tutorial for TFS so players can play from your website?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, I did not vote, because none of the answers are right answers for me. The thing is that it's up to you if you want to release it for free, or take a payment(only when you know that this system is 100% bugfree). Imo I would vote for yes - release it for free(maybe it will change something in Open Tibia area, maybe not), but as I said, that's just my opinion. Do what you feel is right to do. :)
Cheers.

FREE AND OPEN SOURCE FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS free and open source.. some...things.. Free and open source runnin' around and... Free and open source time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days free and open source! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over free and open source... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at free and open source dot com w..w..w... free and open source adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute free and open source dot com.... w w w a hundred times... free and open source dot com.......

Hopefully somebody gets the reference :>

@Itutorial You don't strike me as a person who likes to share just for the sake of sharing, frankly I think this is just a way for you to garnish likes...

No. Do not release it..
If your asking the community to share something, your wrong here.
Share it or do not share it - There is no need to create a thread and a poll..

@Itutorial You don't strike me as a person who likes to share just for the sake of sharing, frankly I think this is just a way for you to garnish likes...

As you can see there are no likes from this. I could care less about that. The reason I am even asking is because I am not sure if there is even a need for it. I would never use the webclient on RL tibia. So, really I just wanted opinions. Codex at is again being a douche bag.

Lets change the question to: Is it even worth the time, will anyone use it?

just out of curiosity, what protocol are you using? I've been doing tests lately with websocket (so far looks promising), do you use websocket, reverse proxy/parser/switch whatever you want call it?

As you can see there are no likes from this. I could care less about that. The reason I am even asking is because I am not sure if there is even a need for it. I would never use the webclient on RL tibia. So, really I just wanted opinions. Codex at is again being a douche bag.

Lets change the question to: Is it even worth the time, will anyone use it?
Why not just release your tutorial and then worry about if it is needed or not later... you would be surprised what people find interesting and what they don't, but there is no need for a poll or a thread on this issue if it does not contain the tutorial.

Definitely.
My post history has all my previous philosophies on why.

In short:
  • I'd love to contain my project to my website.
  • I want to create something and NOT release it as an OT.

What do I mean by that?
I want to simply release a game, an RPG using the Tibia game engine and the TFS backend; using the Tibia graphical assets (for now).
But this project is designed to be accessible by anyone, without any need for prior knowledge on Tibia/OTS/MMOS.

I'm curious on if your creation is legit and open source, or is just the hacky flash release (similar to the one I chucked on Github a few months ago).

Last edited:
Back