• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to Open-Tibia?

When i did read my name direct i opened the map editor and mapped xD :)

Hope pepole will start server without think of money and only have it for fun and pepole will play for fun<3

Ghostx <3

You really think you're going to be the next proh mapper? Wow. That day will come when Ghostx says hes "x" doesn't mean awesome.
(He said that on ascalon, that hes x ment awesome.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have news for you dest~..

My x will soon be gone :eek:

And i will be just ghost. I applied to a name change a few days ago... :> and dude, he could turn out to be next pro mapper on a serious note. Maybe not soon but in a year maybe. He just needs more support.

Note that when it comes to comparing mappers such as Peroxide & Neon, it might be like comparing AMD & Intel, it's a matter of taste
I would disagree, but truly enough no one cannot argue about Peroxide's Mapping and Creativity, he is very talented and knows his stuff.
But, in the comparison of like "AMD & Intel" is not a matter of opinion, I'm an AMD Die-Hard Fan, but let's face it, Intel IS superior, that is a fact and saying otherwise is just being butthurt about it.
The same applies if you compare Peroxide and Neon, no one can say anything bad about them(or various other mappers), they are great mappers, but in the case of creativity, Neon surpasses.

> A bunch of kids thinking that a high quality detailed map really matters.
hohoho hihihi

But, in the comparison of like "AMD & Intel" is not a matter of opinion, I'm an AMD Die-Hard Fan, but let's face it, Intel IS superior, that is a fact and saying otherwise is just being butthurt about it.

Why would you use inferior technology? The only real reason I can come up with is just budget limit.

Last edited:
>>Why would you use inferior technology? The only real reason I can come up with is just budget limit.

My reason exactly, budget, AMD are good, but if I want anything further in performance than what AMD can offer I'd had to look at Intel, but for now and for my needs, AMD is enough for me.

I'm not "putting somebody down" in this case, obviously you can't read because that you are one of these "new generation" lazy ass kids. I clearly stated that, Before making a god damn thread asking for help and shit... Check some tutorials and learn by yourself. I've even seen people pay other people to make scripts for them.

And btw, whats that "bully" trashtalk? I can bully whoever I want, since I don't really know them Irl. So I bet they don't even care..
Get your facts right punk.

-Gloves are off-

go ahead and look in my thread history you won't see me asking for help for like 2 years, lua.org is an amazing thing something i was able to accomplish, how about you??? just a mapper?

Neon I have have only got two words for you. Your Trash... End of story have a good day... I think ur mad bro... hauehaeuhaeu

Hope it makes you proud to pretend to be an internet badass which your obviouslly not you just troll otland, why don't you contribute something past 8.4 lmao!!

id be mad too if tracked maps got thousands more players than the unplayable shit you made, lets face it neon your maps are beautiful but UNPLAYABLE lmao.. no secret and all old schoolers that don't have there nose stuck up your butt know it too.

I know being a has-been sucks but man sometimes you gotta just move on with life! every dog has or had it's day and it's time to go play in a different playground where you can play nice ...

p.s. Large font doesnt make you sound tough, makes me think you need some blood pressure medication... or your Ritalin..

Last edited by a moderator:
-Gloves are off-

go ahead and look in my thread history you won't see me asking for help for like 2 years, lua.org is an amazing thing something i was able to accomplish, how about you??? just a mapper?

Neon I have have only got two words for you. Your Trash... End of story have a good day... I think ur mad bro... hauehaeuhaeu

Hope it makes you proud to pretend to be an internet badass which your obviouslly not you just troll otland, why don't you contribute something past 8.4 lmao!!

id be mad too if tracked maps got thousands more players than the unplayable shit you made, lets face it neon your maps are beautiful but UNPLAYABLE lmao.. no secret and all old schoolers that don't have there nose stuck up your butt know it too.

I know being a has-been sucks but man sometimes you gotta just move on with life! every dog has or had it's day and it's time to go play in a different playground where you can play nice ...

I have to agree with you, not that I want to throw on Neon or something but all the mappers that are considered as good mappers in the community make unplayable maps, there's no need for details and RPG-like feeling, the map must have just a lot of hunting spots that'll suit for all leveling stages. Just look at all the so called evolution servers, their maps are usually just big squares spammed with monsters but yet they get more players than all these wannabe RPG servers and that's because the game is supposed to be fun.

I have to agree with you, not that I want to throw on Neon or something but all the mappers that are considered as good mappers in the community make unplayable maps, there's no need for details and RPG-like feeling, the map must have just a lot of hunting spots that'll suit for all leveling stages. Just look at all the so called evolution servers, their maps are usually just big squares spammed with monsters but yet they get more players than all these wannabe RPG servers and that's because the game is supposed to be fun.

A sane mind on otland -high five-

lets face it neon your maps are beautiful but UNPLAYABLE lmao

I often show pieces I make for showoff, which means they arn't made to be played on. I had several playable maps on my computer.
Some playable, some unplayable, some garbage, some epic...

And "Just a mapper"? You know what art is?
I use Mapeditor because I like to be creative and create something that I like. When I map I challenge myself to make myself a better mapper in several areas. "Creativity, Imagination and Understanding".
You might think it's pretty retarded, but yeah have fun laughing.
CipSoft releases new patches all the time, and people complaining about the sprites and say that they suck. They don't suck, you just have to find the correct way to use them.

Also, I don't know if you've heard this quote from a very clever person.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Anyways, funny chatting with you. And if you knew me irl, you wouldn't think I'm a complete dick. I'm just sick and tired of nowdays Ot Community.

Gl Hf.

And about that "create something past 8.4", I actually have, just haven't shown it here on Otland.

I often show pieces I make for showoff, which means they arn't made to be played on. I had several playable maps on my computer.

I use Mapeditor because I like to be creative and create something that I like. When I map I challenge myself to make myself a better mapper in several areas.
CipSoft releases new patches all the time, and people complaining about the sprites and say that they suck. They don't suck, you just have to find the correct way to use them.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Anyways, funny chatting with you. And if you knew me irl, you wouldn't think I'm a complete dick. I'm just sick and tired of nowdays Ot Community.

Gl Hf.

And about that "create something past 8.4", I actually have, just haven't shown it here on Otland.

Not trying to start some sort of dumb fight but if you are sick of nowdays ot community, why r u here? From what you think all of us are totally dumb.
In neon's time everything was better ;)

I use Mapeditor because I like to be creative and create something that I like. When I map I challenge myself to make myself a better mapper in several areas.

Gl Hf.

Thanks for not using large font. lol... np man you need to just not attack people like that it's not a good look bro I mean i alwayz fancied your maps and considered u a legend until i read this thread it really made me think less of you. thats all and i hope you do good in whatever you do take your ambitions to CAD or something productive and make some money man do you!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge.".

Well actually imagination is not more important than knowledge, they equal. I mean, you can be creative but without knowledge you won't realize a lot of serious ideas and the same goes for knowledge, you can be a very smart mind in some topic but without creativity you won't come up with anything.

Even if you don't care, this is a public forum and it should stay clean from trash. And now stay on-topic before I have to delete/edit/warn more posts. Also note that this is a warning to all, all the infractions were warnings, the next one who thinks he/she is "cool", will get infraction that is counted and can lead to a banishment.

If you wan't to complain then please do that via the feedback forum and not here.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Well actually imagination is not more important than knowledge, they equal. I mean, you can be creative but without knowledge you won't realize a lot of serious ideas and the same goes for knowledge, you can be a very smart mind in some topic but without creativity you won't come up with anything.

Choj, I think that's not a literal meaning, so allow me to explain it, in the most scientific form:
"Imagination" often pushes the boundaries that "knowledge" sets, "knowledge" is fixed to what we know(it has a limit), Imagination does not, most theories are basically a product of the imagination, than in turn it goes through validation in order to prove it, once proven it becomes knowledge and in that time, knowledge grows and pushes past its last boundary.

In a perspective, Imagination is more important than knowledge, but by no means this means that they are not equally important.

The thing that infuriates me the most is that so many people on this forum beg for a good rpg project but then don't even bother playing the ones already online!
I joined Etherbank about 5 months ago and since then I've seen the amount of players rise slightly, but not as much as a project like this deserves, with all the hard work gone into it. I know I've poured hours of work into the scripting side of the server, it has plenty of unique features that have likely never been seen before. The map is 100% custom, made by our beloved mapper Orkanite. It's always been aimed at being a serious RPG project, yet I've noticed most of the people here who've been begging for this type of server refuse to even try it.

I'm gonna use Ghostx as an example, seeing as this is the exact kind of thing he stated earlier in this thread that he said he wishes to see more of.
I remember a comment you made a month or so ago in our server's screenshot thread, saying how you thought the screenshots didn't look RPG.
Just saying that makes it obvious to me that you (Ghostx) didn't even bother to try the server, as there is multiple, heavily rpg-orientated storylines which start from the second you log in. Keep in mind those screenshots are made by our players, you can't really expect them to just show off the RPG aspects.

It's like everyone here has such specific tastes in an RPG that they would rather make one themselves instead of joining an existing project. (and by that i mean one that is actually online, this forum is spammed with rpg projects that will never see the light of day) Instead of losing your motivation for OT development by contributing hours of work to a theoretical server (I consider all RPG-type OT's in development stage still only theoretical, no matter the hype) you should actually be contributing to one where you can see the impact of your contribution on the player base immediately.

I'm not saying Etherbank is a great server, but it is a very good server that needs some polishing off and apparently I'm the only one here who can see the potential.

By the way, not a single penny of the donation money has been touched, it's all piling up in an account to ensure the server stays online for as long as possible. Not a single one of us is in it for the money and we're always looking for people willing to contribute.

Sorry for venting through this wall of text.

Back