• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to Open-Tibia?

... but i am a god. i wasn't being sarcastic. i'm serial!!!!

I agree, now Open tibia is download a Real map and put it online just to earn money. I have been working on my custom map and server like for 2 years and now days the servers with most players are the ones with a Real maps. This era of servers sucks! What happened with the era where you created or edited your own map and every person played it.

keep developing it, it will change!

- - - Updated - - -

Within this era, 3 known big rpg servers will emerge so if we all complete them the rpg era will come :>

So you came to flame on Neon cuz you don´t like him, and to say that there is someone else who is better that him at mapping? wow man you must be on drugs, the only one who was as good or better than neon was Chau and that was some time ago. but what eva bro :) have fun.
PD. srry to any other mapper but its true :/ maybe Macedoon and Peroxide, or maybe BardockTornado.(don't mean to offend you guys or go Off topic so what eva)

Are you that blind, neon came on here flaming us... and I responded to deflate his ego, sometimes I wonder about how people precieve things on the internet or whether they have any social graces what so ever. I said it once and I will say it again Im out i got too much work todo to sit and flame back and fourth, neons being jerk end of story anyone that can put someone down for asking for help is a bully in my eyes. Thats what these forums are for to help. just take it for what its worth I am sure neon is a good dude, but hes disgruntled and i would be too if i spent a year making a custom server and never got to see it reach full fruition because of a frank farmers release that basically saturated the open tibia community these are all true but whats also true is neons a strange guy and he shouldn't be putting anybody down. Life's too short to get caught up in the trolls so imma do it for the lawls and go back to work. see ya boys :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Every part of our lifes pass like a plum falling, open-tibia is the same, are old now and have much way to make a good server but no one care about that just for money. Sad but true. I'll post here what i posted in other topic:

Open-Tibia; we have everything to do a awesome game, we have a stable distro, we have a new OTCLIENT or keep using CIPCLIENT whatever...
most people have skills to do something interesting for the open-tibia community, that include sprites and awesome history-line, c++ knowledge, mapping skills, dll-inject etc etc...

My point is, fuck with RL maps and go do a good work with ur own and show to community.

So you came to flame on Neon cuz you don´t like him, and to say that there is someone else who is better that him at mapping? wow man you must be on drugs, the only one who was as good or better than neon was Chau and that was some time ago. but what eva bro :) have fun.
PD. srry to any other mapper but its true :/ maybe Macedoon and Peroxide, or maybe BardockTornado.(don't mean to offend you guys or go Off topic so what eva)

Sorry to say but, are you kidding me? Even tho I don't dislike his maps, it's still an opinion. Also if I look at the mappers who inspired me most, he is not one of them. You can't speak for everyone saying everyone likes Neons maps much more then any other map. I know alot people who prefer other type of maps and if I look at myself, the map I liked most in all the time I played on servers is actually from a pokemon server (not an autoborded rushed one). Even that they didn't have much showoff places, I loved the map so much. Everything was made in a way like you where living in a real world. And even tho this server got 300+ players, I doubt if he had a known account on otland.

Last edited:
recently people just cant be asked to create custom OTS and its about making money from donates anyways, either some brazilian or polak spends years on an OT like pokemon and make smoney from it the releases it or they just download RL Tibia for dosh.

In any case, European people and peeps from US cba to create a good custom OT because we are lazy. HUHUHU

Wether or not you quit making maps there are more to replace you, your not some god. You made good maps I can agree with that but your distaste for open tibia shouldn't make you come on here and insult everyone that runs a server or asks for help, trolling imo.. I have a personal mapper that can out map you in a second and he has proved his worth already. ;p I expect to get flamed but you know what... I don't give a shit less nobody is superior we are all the same like or lump it, if you don't like open tibia then MOVE ON!

I think you haven't participated in the old days. You don't know better like most of the people here. He is just telling the truth about how it is now and how it was back then.

Are you that blind, neon came on here flaming us... and I responded to deflate his ego, sometimes I wonder about how people precieve things on the internet or whether they have any social graces what so ever. I said it once and I will say it again Im out i got too much work todo to sit and flame back and fourth, neons being jerk end of story anyone that can put someone down for asking for help is a bully in my eyes. Thats what these forums are for to help. just take it for what its worth I am sure neon is a good dude, but hes disgruntled and i would be too if i spent a year making a custom server and never got to see it reach full fruition because of a frank farmers release that basically saturated the open tibia community these are all true but whats also true is neons a dick and he shouldn't be putting anybody down. Life's too short to get caught up in the trolls so imma do it for the lawls and go back to work. see ya boys :p

I'm not "putting somebody down" in this case, obviously you can't read because that you are one of these "new generation" lazy ass kids. I clearly stated that, Before making a god damn thread asking for help and shit... Check some tutorials and learn by yourself. I've even seen people pay other people to make scripts for them.

And btw, whats that "bully" trashtalk? I can bully whoever I want, since I don't really know them Irl. So I bet they don't even care..
Get your facts right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say but, are you kidding me? Even that I don't dislike his maps, it's still an opinion. Also if I look at the mappers who inspired me most, he is not one of them. You can't speak for everyone saying everyone likes Neons maps much more then any other map. I know alot people who prefer other type of maps and if I look at myself, the map I liked most in all the time I played on servers is actually from a pokemon server (not an autoborded rushed one). Even that they didn't have much showoff places, I loved the map so much. Everything was made in a way like you where living in a real world. And even that this server got 300+ players, I doubt if he had a known account on otland.

You are completely right, that is his opinion and he can't speak for everyone...the same applies for you, now I will have to state, that Neon IS the best mapper here(no disregard towards the other many talented mappers.), but in this case, Neon is what you would call a "Savant" in mapping, if anyone has never seen Neon map in Minecraft, they have truly never seen Neons real potential.

Now, why Minecraft?, we are talking about tibia, unlike Minecraft, Tibia is very limited in the eyes of any Mapper, plus in Tibia the design is already made, in minecraft this has to be made by the player.
Really Neon is a gifted guy when it comes to creativity.

@Phantom
Helping and Spoonfeeding are different concepts, anyone here can easily spot when someone is begging to be spoonfeed and when someone is truly asking for proper help.
Many of them bring such simple simple problems to get help with and they even have the nerve to tell us to make it for them when it's some damn simple the 30 minutes of a Scripting tutorial will help them figure it out.

"If you don't stomp out the weeds, you'll have an overgrowth."

You are completely right, that is his opinion and he can't speak for everyone...the same applies for you, now I will have to state, that Neon IS the best mapper here(no disregard towards the other many talented mappers.), but in this case, Neon is what you would call a "Savant" in mapping, if anyone has never seen Neon map in Minecraft, they have truly never seen Neons real potential.

Now, why Minecraft?, we are talking about tibia, unlike Minecraft, Tibia is very limited in the eyes of any Mapper, plus in Tibia the design is already made, in minecraft this has to be made by the player.
Really Neon is a gifted guy when it comes to creativity.

@Phantom
Helping and Spoonfeeding are different concepts, anyone here can easily spot when someone is begging to be spoonfeed and when someone is truly asking for proper help.
Many of them bring such simple simple problems to get help with and they even have the nerve to tell us to make it for them when it's some damn simple the 30 minutes of a Scripting tutorial will help them figure it out.

"If you don't stomp out the weeds, you'll have an overgrowth."

Note that when it comes to comparing mappers such as Peroxide & Neon, it might be like comparing AMD & Intel, it's a matter of taste

Look, Neon leaving is like Steve jobs dying. No disrespect to anyone.

Neon was an inspiration to the ot mapping world as was Steve jobs to technology. Now he is gone (neon), the community is still the same. We HAVE been inspired and as a result there are alot more mappers + creative mappers out there. That's like saying if Remere quits all his map editors will suddenly break instantly and wont function like they used to.

Don't be so naive. Of course he was one of, if not, THE best mapper we had among our recent community (discounting chau - not recent.) But when one door closes another opens. How do you know the next "inspirational" mapper isn't on his way! Maybe it is gamersdont!!!!!! :>

That being said, it is disappointing to see him leave as he was a huge contributor for the community. But do you not understand that he spends his time creating maps and releasing them, just for almost the entire community to download a shitty highrate map or a rl map to make money. Why would he think it is worth the effort? Now if you all think otherwise, prove it to him. Go and make servers without donation rewards, but leave the donations there.

incomming.... "Hosting costs money" arguement immenent.... I am pretty sure before people linked paypal to their server there wasn't as issue with hosting costs. IF you need a hoster, then maybe buy a new computer (if you have to pay someone else so host, just save up and get a new computer for hosting). IF you need help via work etc, why don't you help others first. Maybe they will return the favour.

Funnily enough it's how i manage to get help. I have never asked for a single penny for any work i have done and never will. Because what value is money if it corrupts those who have it? Especially when you can just remove the money aspect and do like-for-like i.e. do a favour for them and receive a favour back.

If you contribute, it shows you are greatful for what you have and therefore more people will be inclined to help you as they see you aren't gonna 1. Fuck them about.
2. Looking for money from their work
and 3. You are more interested in the product rather than its value.

Do yourself a favour, appreciate the work before you take.

When i did read my name direct i opened the map editor and mapped xD :)

Hope pepole will start server without think of money and only have it for fun and pepole will play for fun<3

Ghostx <3

Back