• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is good and what is bad on Softcores

pandemon

Reaction score
As Hani said, you (GMs) wanted to know what is good and what's bad in Softcores by our views.
My opinion, good is:
- errm, I don't see any good thing else that its online 24/7
Bad is:
- vocation balance, especially for knight and pallies (example for kina: 150ek isn't able to heal himself when 2 ~200ed/ms are attacking him, and he can't even do anything serious to them)
- Rookgaard (Talaturen should knows more about Rookgaardian's problems here)
- Doing all like in real Tibia ('mimic the cipsoft' like Tala said some weeks ago) - in it Djiin and Rashid system (I hope there won't be an idea for making quest for rashid!), map without any new thing (just copied from Cipsoft's map), etc.

Post here your "good" and "bad" views.

Last edited:
And Hani, now you said me - what you gonna do with that "bad things"?
I was talking with Talaturen about "mimicing" and I think he wouldn't change anything in map...
And vocations wouldn't be balanced becouse now knight and pallies got to donate more to gain lvls so fast like the other vocations what is equal to more money and that's it what, contrary to appearances and his words, satisfy the owner.

As Hani said, you (GMs) wanted to know what is good and what's bad in Softcores by our views.
My opinion, good is:
- errm, I don't see any good thing else that its online 24/7
Bad is:
- vocation balance, especially for knight and pallies (example for kina: 150ek isn't able to heal himself when 2 ~200ed/ms are attacking him, and he can't even do anything serious to them)
- Rookgaard (Talaturen should knows more about Rookgaardian's problems here)
- Doing all like in real Tibia ('mimic the cipsoft' like Tala said some weeks ago) - in it Djiin and Rashid system (I hope there won't be an idea for making quest for rashid!), map without any new thing (just copied from Cipsoft's map), etc.

Post here your "good" and "bad" views.

I'm not really sure how it is on real atm but, why should a 150 knight survive against mages who is 50lvls higher and it's 2v1?

I'm not really sure how it is on real atm but, why should a 150 knight survive against mages who is 50lvls higher and it's 2v1?

Because he's a knight. Knights are made to survive against many people but they're handicapped in fighting -> They're making too less damage. Even thought a good skilled Knight is doing pretty much in melee when (Utito + eGran).

But then there are paladins. They are totally useless now. SDs are good but Assassin Star damage just fucking sux. Make they get a breaking rate of like 33,3% and increase the damage they're doing. They should make proper bigger hits than they're doing at the moment on players and monsters. Also they should hit a bit more often. 110 Distance and Assassin Stars and only 1 out of 30 hits is damaging like 250+ on a player. While like 10 are poofing and like 5 are way under 100. Thats pretty low.. they should do more damage than knights.

There is not much we can do, it's not really like customizing Rookgaard will give us more players and why should a Level 150 knight survive two mages who are over Level 200? Knights are good blockers in teams where they can be healed, they shouldn't be immortal alone. This doesn't mean we are giving up, we are still working to improve the servers and advertise to get new players and there won't be any reset. Worst case is that the server will no longer make enough money for us to pay the dedicated server and that we will have to close it and launch a new server. We are aware of that it's a problem for new players to get money now that you can't sell items to Djinn in main towns. The best solution we have thought of right now is to give players who reach mainland more starting money even though this can be abused by players who keep creating characters to get more money - I can't think of anything better right now and this is still just an OpenTibia server where you should have fun and we don't want to make it bloody serious.

@pandemon: I know you have sent me a lot of private messages recently and it's not only that I don't always have time to respond but also that I see no good reason to when you are talking with a bad attitude and always writing that our servers suck. It is your opinion, I understand it because you like Rookgaard and to be honest we don't care much about Rookgaard right now because the majority of our players go to mainland at Level 8. Once we have time we might actually think about expanding Rookgaard to make it more fun there but until then you will probably have to find another server or live with it.

make it like it was before, and let's see if the players come back :]

SoftCores was dying before the update, after the update we got many old players back but we can't get new players because not many wants to start on a server where there are very high leveled characters already and the server has been online for over a year.

There is not much we can do, it's not really like customizing Rookgaard will give us more players and why should a Level 150 knight survive two mages who are over Level 200? Knights are good blockers in teams where they can be healed, they shouldn't be immortal alone. This doesn't mean we are giving up, we are still working to improve the servers and advertise to get new players and there won't be any reset. Worst case is that the server will no longer make enough money for us to pay the dedicated server and that we will have to close it and launch a new server. We are aware of that it's a problem for new players to get money now that you can't sell items to Djinn in main towns. The best solution we have thought of right now is to give players who reach mainland more starting money even though this can be abused by players who keep creating characters to get more money - I can't think of anything better right now and this is still just an OpenTibia server where you should have fun and we don't want to make it bloody serious.

@pandemon: I know you have sent me a lot of private messages recently and it's not only that I don't always have time to respond but also that I see no good reason to when you are talking with a bad attitude and always writing that our servers suck. It is your opinion, I understand it because you like Rookgaard and to be honest we don't care much about Rookgaard right now because the majority of our players go to mainland at Level 8. Once we have time we might actually think about expanding Rookgaard to make it more fun there but until then you will probably have to find another server or live with it.

SoftCores was dying before the update, after the update we got many old players back but we can't get new players because not many wants to start on a server where there are very high leveled characters already and the server has been online for over a year.

Make a 6 month rollback

I think that resetting is the best option. I think if you want to join softcores and you see the highscores, that you automaticely wont join.. Also that's harder to get taht level is kinda strange (of what I have heard). Aint playing , so tell me if I am wrong :p.

@Tala
You could a least make a similar desert quest, or improve it with more money. wont be that much abused then i think.

A little correcting: my last pms to you, Talaturen didn't about "this server sucks" but its nice that you wrote anything to explain why you don't answer for them.

You say here probably wouldn't be any improving Rookgaard soon but you said that there will be 2 new servers: one for fun and one for serious.
My proposal is to make Rookgaard like before update on this new "Fun OTS".
If you don't have time - I can write scripts and maybe do map but with this last could be a little problem (I am not really good artist :p)
Waiting for your answer - would be nice if you will agree :$

@Tala
You could a least make a similar desert quest, or improve it with more money. wont be that much abused then i think.

They can just go and make that quest on new characters and give the money to their main character. I've also been thinking about replacing gold coins in monsters with platinum coins. At least on IceChaw. I will have to continue thinking about this and see how we can make it easier for new players.

A little correcting: my last pms to you, Talaturen didn't about "this server sucks" but its nice that you wrote anything to explain why you don't answer for them.

You say here probably wouldn't be any improving Rookgaard soon but you said that there will be 2 new servers: one for fun and one for serious.
My proposal is to make Rookgaard like before update on this new "Fun OTS".
If you don't have time - I can write scripts and maybe do map but with this last could be a little problem (I am not really good artist :p)
Waiting for your answer - would be nice if you will agree :$

What was so special in Rookgaard before the update? I didn't customize or script it so I have no idea. The only thing I remember is that we had a mountain with a house south in Rookgaard which was related to a (broken?) quest. The "Fun OTS" is likely to have trainer monks, teleports to areas from temple etc. We have not really decided anything about Rookgaard yet but I will consider customizing it.

Rookgaard before update had very cool quest in which was:
a) Gargoyle
b) The Old Bear[npc] (bugged or not finished)
c) Dwarf Geomancer
d) Minotaur Mage
e) Vampire
The prize from quest was enter to the depot (noone got it, bcos quest wasn't finished or was fixed)
Also there was normal health potions (stronger than this which are atm), more monster's spawns (especially in 'mino hell') and some smaller things.

You said you didn't write scripts for it, so who did it? And whos decision was to remove it from Rookgaard?
I am really able to write those scripts. Just let know that you will customize Rookgaard :p

Rookgaard before update had very cool quest in which was:
a) Gargoyle
b) The Old Bear[npc] (bugged or not finished)
c) Dwarf Geomancer
d) Minotaur Mage
e) Vampire
The prize from quest was enter to the depot (noone got it, bcos quest wasn't finished or was fixed)
Also there was normal health potions (stronger than this which are atm), more monster's spawns (especially in 'mino hell') and some smaller things.

You said you didn't write scripts for it, so who did it? And whos decision was to remove it from Rookgaard?
I am really able to write those scripts. Just let know that you will customize Rookgaard :p

The scripts were either there before I joined or they were written by a former member of our team. We didn't mean to remove the custom stuff from Rookgaard, what we did in the major update was to start over with everything from a new map. We don't need help scripting, but you can still help by giving us ideas on how to customize Rookgaard.

I didn't understood.:$ Will you customize the Rookgaard? If yes - will it be this quest again?
I'll be sending ideas to you by PM, ok?

this wont work... people is just speaking what is wrong for them... a mage would say that balance is ok a paly would say not...

i like doing quest and i dont think the djin war quest is a big deal, you can get lvl 100 and solo it pretty easily...

however i think as a paly i'm that we sux... we really do sux so help us out =l or u wanna see a 30 ppls server full of druids?

My opinion is

knights damage need to change ;s
the quests need to be like before
rashid and djin should be like before
paladins need URGENTLY to change

come on! why do u complain about a quest that is so easy like the dijinn one... u can get lvl 100 in 3-4 hours top and do the quest on ur own! and if u dont know how to do the quest u can go to tibia wiki... is it too hard!

i just can get why ppls with lvl 200+ complain about such a thing! doing this quest allow you to learn first how to search for a guide and second to succesfully complete tasks

and many ppls would say "come on it's an ot..why should i do this quests" well that is the path this server is taking if u dont like it there are many ots... i would love this server to be like rl it be great... why do u play "tibia" in the first place?

lets see it through new players eyes. You want to start the server, but top 10 is over lvl 300. Lets say u dont care about that, u start here. Its hard to get cash, therefor hard to level up. Thats why they dont start here.

So, reset the server, put rashid/djinn in thais. These are for newcomers.

Then fix the dash, people dashing around destroys the fun. I have no idea about how u can fix it, i guess thats why you are the scripter not me. Also paralyzes must get fixed.

Paladin must get improved, knights are fine. Poi quest too hard with levers and so, make us skip lever part.

More active gms is needed too

edit: What you have to understand is that people playing ots are the lazy ones, who dont want to level up slowly. Not doing all the quests etc. Main point with ot is war and more people means more war. Reset the server, 10 ppl online atm. If theese 10 ppl will quit because of reset, let them do it. Cuz hopefully another 100 will start

Back