• Vote in November Mapping Competition to select a winner!
  • There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What "killed" RL Tibia for YOU?

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I saw OTS as a replacement for what CIP had already ruined and set in motion. I think CIPs refusal to acknowledge and satisfy their oldschool playbase is what ultimately killed it. Jagex made oldschool runescape, CIP should have made oldschool Tibia. Jagex already proved its not only viable but extremely profitable.

For your lvl 11 mage with sds i raise you my lvl 6 knight with 80 club fighting and a warhammer. Those were the days man :) good times

An attempt was made, it was called retro pvp world, but other things remained the same.

You need to ask around if the next staircase you walk down won't have a giant spider with an iron bar closing behind you, because if you don't, you're screwed.

man, fuck that place. I just wanted to explore and I was only level 14, wtf cipsoft?

evidently you can now BUY characters officially.

the what?

Last edited:

Tony32

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
When they did the vocation balancing. Dont remember exact version. 7.92? 8.0?
I just remember the day on test server, where everyone said "this must be a joke, or a mistake", "They will change it back for sure"
But never did. And thats the day tibia really died for me. Sure, I did play for a while afterwards, but it wasnt fun anymore. You never noticed your damage go up as you leveld up. Now if im not mistaken, unless they changed the formula for SDS again, you gained 20 dmg for every 100 levels. Which was a joke compared to what it was before the vocation balance.

Guilherme sua

Solutions
Reaction score
For me, I'm a fan of their work, Tibia lives forever.
With some mistakes and successes over time.

There are really players with peculiar tastes, those who want 7.0 or 8.6, but the game needs to update.

But the current administration I believe will try to bring RPG again, and of course the long-awaited balance of vocations.

And as I always say, Cipsoft needs Ots to create better content, whether in a system of forge, bestiary, cyclopedia, imbuiments.

There is another point, that the players really only want to hunt, few want something different in the game.
Currently I am trying the test server of version 12.60 and the maximum number of players I saw online was 26, do you really think that those who play care about what the cip does or does not do?

otland.png

Azol_the_Ace

Reaction score
The golden age of tibia for me was just prior to the implementation of the soul system. I enjoyed being a low level druid just pumping out those UHS while my friends trained their skills on the monks I summoned. I also had a mid level paladin which I would hunt and explore with friends.

Old tibia just had a different feel for me. It was based more on community and doing things together with friends. As they started to add wands/rods and redo distance weapons it started to lose that sense of community for me. It became more about mass leveling and most of my friends started to bot.

Eventually someone told me about OTS and I starting playing on various fast exp evolution map servers with friends. It reintroduced that experience of exploring and doing things with friends. My friends and I even tried our hand at making our own sever which was total garbage but fun for us anyway.

I've intermittently checked in on real tibia through the years but their changes just never really did it for me. I've continued to map intermittently for our friends private server which is rewarding but I just don't have the time to commit to tibia anymore these days.

xbaconghostx

Reaction score
Exp poosts/ prey boosts is what broke the camels back, but it started with exp scrolls.

carlos alv

Reaction score
Trainers, the new pvp system, 4 voc sharedexp, tibiacoins, reduction penalty dead..

Brazolek123

Reaction score
Too much content, too many servers, too few players. When they introduced Zao and Farmine I'd say was the critical point.

FenX

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
The early 7.6-8.x were the good days, grindy, nostalgic, tons of players & communities to interact with, it was difficult to play, there wasn't any pay2win services or overpowered items.

Nonetheless, I know there's tons of ots like this out there but it's not the same anymore and never will be. Good old days are gone and will be missed and playing something similar will never have the same feeling.

Also being a young kid at the time intrigued about tibia and gaming played a major role, it was also all new to us so that feeling of discovery was a huge thing. These days majority have played other mmos/games etc. so that feeling of discovery no longer exists...you'll play a server and go "hang on, I've seen that in this game" and immediately lose interest.