• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What "killed" RL Tibia for YOU?

When they did the vocation balancing. Dont remember exact version. 7.92? 8.0?
I just remember the day on test server, where everyone said "this must be a joke, or a mistake", "They will change it back for sure"
But never did. And thats the day tibia really died for me. Sure, I did play for a while afterwards, but it wasnt fun anymore. You never noticed your damage go up as you leveld up. Now if im not mistaken, unless they changed the formula for SDS again, you gained 20 dmg for every 100 levels. Which was a joke compared to what it was before the vocation balance.

For me, I'm a fan of their work, Tibia lives forever.
With some mistakes and successes over time.

There are really players with peculiar tastes, those who want 7.0 or 8.6, but the game needs to update.

But the current administration I believe will try to bring RPG again, and of course the long-awaited balance of vocations.

And as I always say, Cipsoft needs Ots to create better content, whether in a system of forge, bestiary, cyclopedia, imbuiments.

There is another point, that the players really only want to hunt, few want something different in the game.
Currently I am trying the test server of version 12.60 and the maximum number of players I saw online was 26, do you really think that those who play care about what the cip does or does not do?

otland.png

The golden age of tibia for me was just prior to the implementation of the soul system. I enjoyed being a low level druid just pumping out those UHS while my friends trained their skills on the monks I summoned. I also had a mid level paladin which I would hunt and explore with friends.

Old tibia just had a different feel for me. It was based more on community and doing things together with friends. As they started to add wands/rods and redo distance weapons it started to lose that sense of community for me. It became more about mass leveling and most of my friends started to bot.

Eventually someone told me about OTS and I starting playing on various fast exp evolution map servers with friends. It reintroduced that experience of exploring and doing things with friends. My friends and I even tried our hand at making our own sever which was total garbage but fun for us anyway.

I've intermittently checked in on real tibia through the years but their changes just never really did it for me. I've continued to map intermittently for our friends private server which is rewarding but I just don't have the time to commit to tibia anymore these days.

Exp poosts/ prey boosts is what broke the camels back, but it started with exp scrolls.

Trainers, the new pvp system, 4 voc sharedexp, tibiacoins, reduction penalty dead..

Too much content, too many servers, too few players. When they introduced Zao and Farmine I'd say was the critical point.

The early 7.6-8.x were the good days, grindy, nostalgic, tons of players & communities to interact with, it was difficult to play, there wasn't any pay2win services or overpowered items.

Nonetheless, I know there's tons of ots like this out there but it's not the same anymore and never will be. Good old days are gone and will be missed and playing something similar will never have the same feeling.

Also being a young kid at the time intrigued about tibia and gaming played a major role, it was also all new to us so that feeling of discovery was a huge thing. These days majority have played other mmos/games etc. so that feeling of discovery no longer exists...you'll play a server and go "hang on, I've seen that in this game" and immediately lose interest.

When they changed price for blessings and made it so you didnt need aol when you had all 5.
Everyone could afford them so you could never kill anyone for profit or loot something nice from a random dead body!
Also the majority of players started taking dyeing less seriosly because the greatly reduced loss/cost which I think led to a great lack of respect for other players!

Downfall has started with 7.5, not all changes introduced since then were bad, but a lot:

• Soul Points introduced to limit rune-making.
  • Worms needed to fish.
  • Anti-Luring feature.
  • Walking over all stacked bigger objects like parcels, crates and chairs.
  • All boats and pyramids became protection zones.
  • No more UH traps.
  • Rope spots can no longer be blocked.
  • Runes from NPCs.
  • Wands and Rods.
  • Mana revamp & new mana potions (constant potion drinking).
  • Level requirement for spells and weapons.
  • Imbuements, creature products (spam of items).
  • No more stairhopping (2-second-delay).
  • Lag when walking on someone.
  • Stackable Runes and Potions.
  • Mounts.
  • Tasks and Preys.
  • Offline training.
  • New PvP modes that no one really understands.
  • New char outfits and animations. Matter of taste but I think they look worse than retro ones.
  • Dices (depot cancer).
  • Store, tons of useless rip-off cosmetics, xp boosts, pay2win.
  • Revamped Rookgaard, Dawnport.
  • Non-blockable spawns.
  • Daily Reward system.
  • Unoriginal new content.
  • General Incompetency of CipSoft, their famous inability to deliver features free from bugs.
  • Game became too easy: "Epicness" of old tough mobs long gone.
  • Analytics Features, game became about xp/h and profitando.
  • With so many new client features game screen started to take less than 50% of client screen space, despite that it runs less than 100 FPS even on high-end PCs.
  • Dead worlds. Too many servers, content, items, cities for that amount of players.

For me, the biggest thing that destroyed Tibia was Offline Training, I was a fan of skilling, in fact that was what I mostly did in the early days. I enjoyed it, and not afk training..
In those times, I was a paladin, spears fell to the ground and my cap wasn't high (as that character went to max lvl 35 I believe and my skilling journey began in Rookgard) so, I sat there for hours throwing and picking spears at things, waiting respawn and then again.
I remember I had something like 62 distance in my level 15 paladin, which idk if it was high or not but I was playing with rl friends and they were amazed by my dedication and ofc, the damage output I had with such a low level compared to them (they were mid 20s).

It was something new to me, all the "raising skills" thing and I deeply enjoyed the experience. It meant that the more time and work I gave my training, the more profficient I will be, I was always trying to come up with ways or setups to try and make the training routine dinamic and sort of a responsibility (Yeah, I had a routine back then as weird as it may sound...it was something like, if I hunt for 1 hour, then I should train 3 hours).

It all came down to the fact that in those years I was not having a good childhood, school was a disaster for me in terms of relationships, bullying, etc. So..These groups of rl friends I shared this game with (Friends from my neighbourhood) made me feel special for the feats I did.
The one that they even remember to this day is the day I finally reached lvl 20, in celebration. We went for the lone Dragon beneath Greenshore, I still remember I needed 201 experience to advance..So, equipped with crossbow and bolts and my mighty almost 70 distance, I went on ahead, almost died at the end, but survived with almost black health. Everyone was so excited as I was when the dragon finally died, we went to Frodo's Bar and sat there chatting and talking about how I could now get 10k for free (Desert Quest) and if I wanted to do it now. So off we went. Nevertheless.
"You will never forget your first Dragon." Tibia says nowadays, Idk if that holds up now, but I certainly will never forget my first Dragon, my hands were shaking but my friends were there watching me "ascend" to a new hight in my Tibian journey..

Bottom line: Offline Training is something I despise. It took away all the hard work people did for their loved characters and turned it into an stupid automatic system. Why even have skill levels at that point? It's ridiculous.

Honestly the only thing that killed it for me, was that my rl friend stopped playing.

I struggled on for 3-4 years trying to make a guild and friends online, but they all eventually stopped playing as well.

Being alone.. eventually stripped away my love for the game.

I was a fan of skilling, in fact that was what I mostly did in the early days. I enjoyed it, and not afk training..

In those times, I was a paladin, spears fell to the ground and my cap wasn't high

Did you train with people at depot back then? I spent a lot of time training at venore depot. You just had to yell ur skills+ level and after awhile someone answered for sure. We had many ppl training there. It was easy because you didn't need party or anything.

It was fine as paladin with other players stealing your spears sometimes. You wouldn't believe it now but most people respected. When others saw who took them, they got attacked for sure, as thiefs always were.

And as your skills got better, lower paladins looked up to you. Haha, that was funny as kids. For such a simple thing.

Almost nobody trained there anymore after skull system. It was abused from the start. So it just vanished rather quickly.

That was sad. I always had fun there, skilling with other paladins, meeting new and different players all the time.

That is defnitely one of the big things that discouraged people from playing. They removed so many aspects of the game that forced interaction between players. Now thinking about it, I genuinely miss those times. These days it's just hunt, watch numbers go up on analyser, go to depot, refill, repeat.

Sad times
the lion king shame GIF

Back