• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What "killed" RL Tibia for YOU?

E

Evil Puncker

Simple question, we all used to love Tibia, we might still play it... but there are some things (cip decisions mostly) that "killed" the game for us to enjoy it as we used to do, what were they for you guys?

to me:
  • EXP boost scrolls (store)
  • Double Exp/Skill events
  • Rapid Spawn events (10x or whatever number they used)
  • Double Loot events
  • Not punishing bug abusers properly (yes, this)

not even the ridiculous amount of bots in the game from up to 8.6 era bothered me as much as the above.

I have a little shame on myself because I actually think that offline training killed tibia for me too, but since I was too lazy to train myself, I did ended liking it... but IMO it was poorly implemented... skills go up way too fast and there is no cost to use it... (yeah I know you need to have premium and 12 hours limit, but still not enough to stop everyone to get ridiculous amount of skills in multiple characters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple question, we all used to love Tibia, we might still play it... but there are some things (cip decisions mostly) that "killed" the game for us to enjoy it as we used to do, what were they for you guys?

to me:
  • 10x Spawn (or whatever number they used) events
  • Double Loot events

not even the ridiculous amount of bots in the game from up to 8.6 era bothered me as much as the above.
I leave rl tibia on 7.72 2006 - 2007? Used to play some times on version 8.60 just for fun but after that i really don’t know how to play newer versions of tibia last month i did create a character and I didn’t know how to play or where to go since i logged in a city that was no rookgaard, i did see the client with all those things i just xlog. There are almost people with level 1700 rofl 🤣 if they do all those things u mention is because they want compete otservs in my opinion.

I did play rl tibia since 2001 and not properly dealing with bots made it for me..
i remember gms banning people for using macros to fish and so, by the time.. but they never cared about really problems..
when they removed gms from the game twas like accepting botters..

Power abusers comes in second..
They say they wont interfere with servers but by doing that they are killing the game.. and imho, thats why we have tons of ot servers running fine..

so, well, thinking better.. the bad administration killed the game..

I did rage quit after dying to a mummy at level 25 when I was 10 and then started to work on an own server for the first time.
So in the end it wasn't CipSoft disappointing but me finding something more interesting than just playing games.

"Skulls 7.2 and Hotkeys 7.8"
Good question
Looking back, introducing the skull system is what killed the natural engagement with players on daily basis.* This was the first update I witnessed. After hotkeys were added I gave up and rooked my char.

So yeah, U P D A T E S killed real tibia for me. I honestly don't think there was any good update in the history of tibia, ever.

And if I think about it, updates have always been a response to the crying and complaining bad players. So in my eyes, listening to noobs fucked it up too.

*No, not everyone was pk but fought and talked with reason. Following this line could have been more interesting.

Last edited:

to me:
  • Rapid Spawn events (10x or whatever number they used)
  • Double Loot events

Pretty much the same.

I could deal with hotkeys, I could deal with mounts, outfits or other minor things being added/changed at that time (mostly around version 8/9) but any form of p2w/f2p tactics like the ones you mentioned is a no-no for me.

Nowadays the game is just an aberration for me although they added some QoL I wish I had back in the day.

Open Tibia killed rl tibia for me. It was so much more enjoying playing at a higher exprate on a custom map. And before I knew it I was knee deep in code and for the most part lost interest in playing my cip account. Now I don't even like OT, or tibia in general that much. But the development scene, that stuck with me. And its probably the best thing that ever happened to me. :)

I miss acidsot. Though its mostly nostalgia, the map kinda sucks by todays standard. But the server was a blast back in the day.

Even though my favorite is 7.x era, I played rl till they added the swapping mechanics, which made it impossible to trap your opponents for good. Since then it was a downhill: PVP became just stupid and PvE content was multiplying with every new update, while the number of people online was shrinking. The last nail to the coffin are those potions that give a shitload of mana and p2w content in the store. Let's be honest, tibia was always pay2play, but it was just premium for a long time. Now take a look at the twitch after new server starts. People use the in-game store a lot and it gives a huge advantage.

1. New PVP System​
  2. New over powered items​
  3. Prey system​
  4. The new Shop system​
  5. Auction System​
  6. Vocation Balance (Sorcerer sucks now)​
  7. Falcon set​
The game is getting so milky where every one can have every thing just by using his credit card you can buy premium points and sell them in the market for a 2kk or something.

Back